The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cool Weapons (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22030)

zippyt 08-01-2011 05:47 PM

that's a release so in Arctic conditions you can toggle the trigger guard out of the so you can shoot with gloves on

BigV 08-02-2011 11:07 AM

very cool, very interesting. the stock looks like it's upside down from the grip back.

zippyt 08-02-2011 04:19 PM

V thats so when you have to ARCH a shot in ( Notice the rear sight , how tall it is )
the recoil ( Witch Aint that bad , 12ga ish ) still goes to your sholder

ZenGum 08-03-2011 02:05 AM

I read a passage from a war correspondent in Vietnam, at the battle of Khe Sahn. The VC/NLF/Enemy whatevers had attacked at night, one of them was wounded and screaming about 150 metres outside the perimeter.

Some Texas-type stolls up to near the reporter. He is wearing a low-slung holster on his hip with a cut down grenade lancher - stock removed, probably barrel shortened and such. He listens in the dark for a while, draws the launcher, loads, balances it on his left forearm, fires once ... boom ... screams stop.

The USA may or may not win the war, but they're usually leaders in the badass-ness competition.

BigV 08-03-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 748181)
I read a passage from a war correspondent in Vietnam, at the battle of Khe Sahn. The VC/NLF/Enemy whatevers had attacked at night, one of them was wounded and screaming about 150 metres outside the perimeter.

Some Texas-type stolls up to near the reporter. He is wearing a low-slung holster on his hip with a cut down grenade lancher - stock removed, probably barrel shortened and such. He listens in the dark for a while, draws the launcher, loads, balances it on his left forearm, fires once ... boom ... screams stop.

The USA may or may not win the war, but they're usually leaders in the badass-ness competition.

I watched a passage from Apocalypse Now, at the bridge Do Long:

Quote:

The boat moves up river to a surreal stop at the American outpost at the Do Long bridge, the last U.S. Army outpost on the river. The boat arrives during a North Vietnamese attack against on the bridge, which is under constant construction after being repeatedly destroyed by the NVA hiding in the forest nearby. Upon their arrival, Willard receives the last piece of the dossier from an officer named Lt. Carlson, along with mail for the boat crewmen. Willard and Lance go ashore and they make their way through the trenches where they encounter many panicked, leaderless soldiers. Willard asks a machine gunner who the CO is; the gunner replies "Ain't you?" As they talk, a North Vietnamese soldier hiding under a pile of his dead comrades screams obscenities at them. The gunner finds his friend, Roach (Herb Rice), who is armed with a tiger-striped M79 grenade launcher and with it promptly dispatches the NVA soldier. Willard decides it's not worth it to find the CO and he and Lance return to the PBR. As the boat departs, the NVA launches an artillery strike on the bridge, destroying it.
This movie is overflowing with USA bad-assery.

Gravdigr 08-03-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 747837)
that's a release so in Arctic conditions you can toggle the trigger guard out of the so you can shoot with gloves on

Thank you sir.

zippyt 08-03-2011 05:46 PM

I got to shoot against a First Sgt that was a Nam Vet , He was GOOOD !!!
we Both ( at 100 or so yards) were Killing a Firdge with Spotter rounds ( White Puff of Powder when it hits ) ,
then he got a gleem in his Eye and handed me some HE (High Explosive )rounds ,
he said Load up and wait for the command ,
we Blasted that Poor fridge to LITTLE Bitty Bits !!!!

Gravdigr 08-04-2011 03:51 PM

Zip, you reminded me of this video.

Highlights: "Run motherfucker!!" & "Holee Sheeeeeittt!!!"

zippyt 08-04-2011 05:06 PM

Grav , that looks like fun ,
once when we were at the Stumps ( 29 Palms) doing a Big Demo shoot we had a 150lb tank mine left that needed to be Sploded ,
we took the Pressure fuse out of it ,
Put in a Blasting cap with a LONG wire ,
then we put a 55 gallon steel drum on top and filled it with rocks ,
backed WAAAAY Off and set that Byotch off ,
BOOOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!
the drum came down a While Later ( whell parts of it at Least )
Funny enough no rocks though

TheMercenary 08-04-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 747019)

I don't care, as long as he reaches out there and kills the mother fuker..... Well done. The liberal side of Americans with Disabilities Act should be proud. If they are not it exposes their real feelings ...........

Gravdigr 08-05-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 748625)
as long as he reaches out there and kills the mother fuker....

Word.

:lol2:

ZenGum 08-06-2011 02:06 AM

Are you telling me that a guy with a below the knee amputation can deployed on active duty? Or am I reading too much into this?

TheMercenary 08-06-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 748827)
Are you telling me that a guy with a below the knee amputation can deployed on active duty? Or am I reading too much into this?

Nope, they are deploying select members of SOF back to theater. They have put so much money into training and making these guys good at what they do they are letting them go back on AD. Depending on your specialty they will let you stay and make you non-deployable. I knew a Doc on AD who had a partial arm amputation that stayed on AD to retirement, he was an endocrinologist.

Quote:

So far, the Army has treated nearly 600 service members who have come back from Iraq or Afghanistan without an arm, leg, hand or foot. Thirty-one have gone back to active duty, and no one who asked to remain in the service has been discharged, Arata said.

Most of those who return to active duty are assigned to instructor or desk jobs away from combat. Only a few _ the Army doesn't keep track of exactly how many _ have returned to the war zone, and only at their insistence, Arata said.

To go back into the war zone, they have to prove they can do the job without putting themselves or others at risk.

One amputee who returned to combat in Iraq, Maj. David Rozelle, is now helping design the amputee program at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington. He has counted seven other amputees who have lost at least part of a hand or foot and have gone back to combat in Iraq.

The 34-year-old from Austin, Texas, said he felt duty-bound to return after losing his right foot to a land mine in Iraq.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...utee-soldiers/

Gravdigr 08-07-2011 05:44 AM

Fuckin' A.

ZenGum 08-07-2011 09:05 PM

So, if a chap loses a foot to a landmine, and gets a good replacement, and goes back on active duty, and gets wounded in his artificial foot ... does he get another purple heart? Is it logged as equipment damage?

If he damages the foot, is it damaging military property or a self-inflicted wound?

Don't mind me, just being silly.