The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

wanderer 06-05-2013 06:09 AM

:nuts: Sleepy, but sketching out on DeviantArt's limited free to use tool. Will be pasting up the results on cellar in a while.

Sundae 06-06-2013 10:07 AM

I did something ridiculous today.
I used the cord to pull up the blind in the bathroom and it fell off the wall. I swear I did not yank it or do anything I could be blamed for.
But this is a new blind. Who pulled the cord off the last one? Oh, me.

So I panicked.
The blind falling down dislodged the items on the bathroom shelf and made such a racket. The 'rents were charging up the stairs to make sure I was okay. How to make myself a victim and not be blamed...? I put a tiny spot of shampoo in my eye. I figured it must have been tested so that I wouldn't go blind.
OWWWW! Something went in my eye!

It has hurt and made my eye red and sore all day, despite me going to the chemist and saying I got shampoo in my eye (by accident of course!) and getting an eye-wash.

In truth I have simply suffered for the lie.
I didn't do anything wrong on the blind (window blind) front, and I did not lie about something in my eye, just how it got there.
I am sore and sorry because I could not admit the truth.
And am punished because it does still hurt like buggery and I am Pink Eye Olney.

Not looking for sympathy here, because it serves me right for being duplicitous.
Just sharing because I can't tell anyone else how bloody stupid I am.

glatt 06-06-2013 10:11 AM

I'm sorry about your eye anyway.

ZenGum 06-06-2013 10:56 AM

Stop it before you blind go. ;)

Sundae 06-06-2013 11:02 AM

I can still see what you did there.

glatt 06-06-2013 11:15 AM

One of my cow orkers won a full share in a work sponsored CSA, and she just got her first batch of fruits and veggies. I am so envious. The strawberries she got are small and a deep succulent red. Not like those flavorless Frankenstein strawberries the size of your fist you'll find in the grocery store. You know the ones she got are going to taste amazing. *Envy*

xoxoxoBruce 06-06-2013 11:21 AM

Don't be sure, glatt. I paid too much money for a couple of baskets of the first berries from New Jersey. They were as you described, smelled heavenly, and tasteless... strawberry, but not sweet at all.:(

Chocolatl 06-06-2013 11:36 AM

Alternatively, I just ate some Frankenberries last night that were $2.50 for the pound, and they were among the best in recent memory.

infinite monkey 06-06-2013 12:25 PM

you have to get out in the field, pick your own. or buy them at a farm market.

i saw the ugliest strawberries ever at wally world. mostly not even red...just a pale yellow-greenish color. i couldn't believe some place actually distributes those. my supervisor when i picked for the market would have dumped them out and told me to try again...no quarter for that quart.

nothing is better than a good plump juicy strawberry when you've been out in the summer sun picking them, straight from plant to mouth. one of life's simple pleasures.

mystic 06-06-2013 02:04 PM

Hey Infinite Monkey, among others I can see that you are alive and breathing too!

infinite monkey 06-06-2013 02:14 PM

Yep, just barely, but still kickin'. ;)

Sundae 06-07-2013 04:01 AM

What most supermarkets over here stock are what is known as the "bouncing strawberry". They are the El Santa variety. Big, red, pretty much indestructible and generally grown in Spain. I do not buy them. They do not taste of real strawberries. My parents think I am odd for checking the name on the packaging, but they think I'm odd anyway.

Thing is we (the British public) are now used to buying things all year round. It's our appetite for non-seasonal food that puts us at the mercy of inferior products. I'd rather eat wonderful strawberries for two months a year than indifferent ones for twelve. So I vote with my wallet. Oh, yeah, sorry. I really mean I can't afford them all that often ;)

Cherries though... I'm a sucker for cherries.
I buy them even when the country of origin is Chile. Not very green of me.
But Penny looks like she's going to give me a decent crop this year, so at least I'm trying.

BTW, my eye still hurts.
I feel real empathy with generations of rabbits.

BigV 06-07-2013 03:09 PM

Twil has an epic cherry tree in her front yard, and it provides a feast every year for creatures great and small. The cherries are just starting now, they look like green soybeans on a stem.

Ocean's Edge 06-07-2013 04:18 PM

lost internet connection all day...

so I washed the dog
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...63008915_n.jpg

Griff 06-07-2013 05:07 PM

What a beauty!