The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hall of Fame (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9064)

richlevy 04-18-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsune (Post 217436)
The original UG post that brought about Richlevy's reply made my eyes water.

You're going to have to link to that thread, because I can't seem to find it and my memory has just gotten worse.

classicman 04-19-2009 11:05 AM

Linkto post
Link to thread

lookout123 04-21-2009 10:44 AM

Lumbermeister in response to Sugarpop:
Quote:

I try to stay out of the big long serious discussions ...partly because I really don't have the time to do the necessary research that would be required in order to not say anything really stupid, and partly because they fucking bore me. You, however, have repeatedly demonstrated that you are free from any such compunctions. huzzah!
Trilby 04-29-2009 08:52 AM

Zengum - re: Arlen Specter's jumping sides:

Specter??? That's spooky. He doesn't stand a ghost of a chance, but I admire his spirit.

skysidhe 05-22-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 566610)
It is fun to tweak each other with magical thinking comments

Griff 05-25-2009 06:46 AM

Thanks Sky. Oddly, when I posted that I didn't realize Tiki was in a multiple thread row. It kinda looks like piling on in that context.

BigV 05-25-2009 04:58 PM

What a difference a wider context makes.

BigV 07-15-2009 01:54 PM

xoxoxoBruce nails it (again):
Quote:

But the duty of the parents is to make sure the kids survive, and are taught how to survive on their own when they grow up.
Happiness is nice. But dedication to that secondary goal can impede or derail progress toward the primary goal xoB defines so succinctly.

Well said, sir.

TheMercenary 07-17-2009 09:51 AM

I felt this was Notable from our friend diminished in the "On Tour in the USA" thread.

Quote:

...I could hardly believe my eyes.There was a cavalry charge of parents carrying children up the slope towards the bear.It was like watching some sort of twisted,macabre game-show,the parents charged forth it seemed in an attempt to get their kids eaten by a bear first,with a vigour that suggested a large cash prize was at stake.Or at least an appearance on 'Americas funniest videos'.

I was particularly impressed by a plaid-shirted and baseball capped gentleman who burst through the front of the field,with a toddler stuffed under each arm.
http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=582063&postcount=159

Shawnee123 07-18-2009 08:03 AM

This is the most amazing thing I've ever read on teh intrawebz:

Quote:

Not to the

Flint 07-18-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 582317)
... Medical knowledge is a constantly evolving thing: we laugh at what we thought was true thirty years ago, and it is utterly foolish to think we won’t still be laughing at many of today’s assumptions in another thirty years. ...

Spexxvet 10-14-2009 06:49 PM

We men are sluts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 601162)
Vaginas only have power when they all unionize. Individual vaginas have no power, because there's all these other vaginas out there that are just as good as far as you guys are concerned.

Flint 10-18-2009 09:52 AM

from: Child Witches in Nigeria ... Or, "Evangelical Christianity Strikes Again"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 601736)
"So what are your missionary dollars doing to improve the third world?"

"Nigeria will be witch free soon."

"That is a relief. Bad witch problem there. When are we going to start on our witches here?"

"Soon."

lumberjim 11-16-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 608778)
If everyone swept their own front porch, the world will be clean. The cessation of humanity starts at home.

I asked her if that was an original quote....

Quote:

More like a brutalization of two different quotes. The first is roughly "if everyone would sweep in front of his own doorstep, the whole world would be clean" and is attributed to a couple different people depending on where you look.

I don't remember what the original version of the second sentence was, but I remember "_______ starts at home" was a typical pithy Public Service Announcement type thing when I was a kid.
I think it counts as original enough. regardless....true dat.

Griff 11-16-2009 04:29 PM

It was genius.