The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

Clodfobble 07-03-2020 05:35 PM

Just binged 4 seasons of "Brockmire" in like 3 days. Hank Azaria (the Simpsons voice guy) stars as a washed-up baseball announcer trying to make a comeback, and he has surprisingly good dramatic chops. Meanwhile, the dialogue is like if Aaron Sorkin told dick jokes. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it sure as hell is mine.

Griff 07-03-2020 05:36 PM

Which Streaming service?

Gravdigr 07-03-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 1054712)
I'm kinda jazzed about seeing this tomorrow night. Anyone else?

And from outta knowhere, it's Elspode!!!

Like fucking feldspar...

Clodfobble 07-04-2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1054763)
Which Streaming service?

Hulu

glatt 07-04-2020 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1054720)
We just renewed Disney+ for Hamilton, and now we hear that neighbors are going to be projecting it on the side of their garage this evening for a socially distancing neighborhood movie experience. So that will be fun, be we could have saved $7.

We saw Hamilton a couple years ago when it came to the Kennedy Center, but it was the travel show and was not the original cast. It was ok then, but the original cast last night was really really good. Almost like a different show.

Here's the viewing party last night. It felt darker than that, but this picture was taken around 8:45, after the sun set but before night really fell.

Attachment 70919

monster 07-09-2020 12:11 AM

Athlete A on Netflix. I'm beyond disgusted. small bites is all I can manage. Living in Michigan with athlete children, this is...... thank goodness this finally became public. poor, poor children :cry:

footfootfoot 10-04-2020 08:24 PM

I'm watching Cobra Kai. I'm about halfway through season two and I'm really fucking irritated at the stupid, shark-jumping writing. Cobra Kai students just caused several thousand dollars worth of damage to Miyagido dojo as well as theft. They even spray painted their calling card.

Does LaRusso call the fucking cops and have the asshole arrested? OR does the salesman press charges for assault that a bunch of people witnessed?

No.

Give me a fucking break. Shitty writing.

Clodfobble 10-04-2020 08:35 PM

I stopped after the first episode. Was irritated that I got tricked into even one by people (idiots, apparently) claiming it was good. I feel bad for the actors, who are surprisingly halfway decent--nothing can overcome writing that bad.

Happy Monkey 10-04-2020 08:38 PM

Not watching Cobra Kai,but that reminds me of Locke and Key, except they concentrated the vast majority of the bad writing into the last episode.

So you do at least get most of a pretty good season, but then they take stupid pills just before the final episode.

footfootfoot 10-05-2020 10:26 AM

At first I thought it maybe had potential to explore the ways in which people change and grow and respond to the slings and arrows of this vale of tears, or something like that.

But then it started sucking really bad until now there's no air in the room and I can see a light at the end of a long hallway... Grandpa, is that you?

Gravdigr 10-05-2020 09:16 PM

American Crime

Night Shift

Neither are worth shit.

footfootfoot 10-06-2020 11:34 AM

almost done with American Gods season 2. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It feels a bit meandering and not like a story that has a conclusion.

Happy Monkey 10-06-2020 12:45 PM

It's based on a book, so if they have enough notice of cancellation, they have a ready-made conclusion to use.

Clodfobble 10-06-2020 02:35 PM

Have I mentioned here that The Leftovers (HBO streaming) is very good? Because it is very good.

Undertoad 10-06-2020 02:44 PM

Great British Bake Off

one episode per night during dinner

we can't really eat any of that stuff but we will watch it being prepared