The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Sports (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NBA Playoffs 07! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13946)

duck_duck 04-27-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoi (Post 337002)
Kingwood.....upper class. Very nice area. Sorry you've been disappointed, but the experience will serve you well in the future. There's nothing like world travel to give one perspective.

You two have a safe flight.:thumb: And cheer for Yao, will ya? My Rockets need all the help they can get!

I agree the rockets need the help.

Beestie 04-27-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 337919)
I'd bet money a majority of the people here thought it referred to pot. :eyebrow:

That's what I figured. How's the toe this morning?

Lemme guess: thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP...

Hyoi 04-27-2007 06:08 AM

It wasn't too bad here, except that we were having a new roof put on and the supplies kept blowing off the roof..........Clodfobble

The Texas wind gods are not fair. I would suggest an offering of some sort and that you find a faster contractor.

I agree the rockets need the help.........duck duck

Long flight, eh? One can only hope that all on board bathe regularly.

I bet so too, considering my input on the mary threads......fresh

The absolute best advice I could give you.........sssssssssssssipp......ffffffff........would be to lay off that........sssssssssssssipp......ffffffff........boo. It don't good for you.

Clodfobble 04-27-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
That's what I figured. How's the toe this morning?

Lemme guess: thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP-thumpTHUMP...

Oh man. It was doing great, walking normally and barely any pain at all, and then like the klutz I am, I managed to stub it AGAIN in the exact same fashion on the rocking chair. This time I cried and had to lay on the couch for a few minutes. But I learned my lesson; it's now buddy-taped like it should have been from the beginning. :(

Hyoi 04-27-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 338113)
Oh man. It was doing great, walking normally and barely any pain at all, and then like the klutz I am, I managed to stub it AGAIN in the exact same fashion on the rocking chair. This time I cried and had to lay on the couch for a few minutes. But I learned my lesson; it's now buddy-taped like it should have been from the beginning. :(

Steel-toed bunny slippers. Or maybe combat boots. If you were an NFL running back, you could complain of turf toe and still make a million a game sitting on the bench. (Would you consider this comment smarmy?):rolleyes:

Clodfobble 04-27-2007 10:54 AM

No, because you're not being smug or falsely earnest. :)

Hyoi 04-27-2007 01:45 PM

I've seen that foot, dear lady, so I'm hoping you've had it attended to by a professional. Having been a big, bad, tough, hairy jock in the past, I can safely say that I would be whimpering shamelessly all the way to the training room.

If that toe is jammed, dislocated, or broken and if it isn't treated properly, it could give you trouble the rest of your life. So bite the bullet and follow Coach Hyoi's advice. :eyebrow: I'll take you out for chocolate cookies and ice cream afterwards. :)

W.HI.P 04-27-2007 11:05 PM

Andrins Biedrins is one of the main reasons the Warriors are even in the playoffs.
The Golden State Warriors are about to go up 2 games to 1 against the Heavy favorite Dallas Mavericks beating them 61-48 at half time in game 3 in a 1-1 series.

The 6-11 Latvian Superstar just turned 21 year old.
Andrins Biedrins, against the Dallas Mavericks in these playoffs, leads his team in
shooting 60%
Total rebounds
Offencive rebounds
Defencive rebounds,
Blocks
judging by his age and ability, he will lead all stats in the center position in the NBA for years to come.

freshnesschronic 04-27-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.HI.P (Post 338474)
Andrins Biedrins is one of the main reasons the Warriors are even in the playoffs.
The Golden State Warriors are about to go up 2 games to 1 against the Heavy favorite Dallas Mavericks beating them 61-48 at half time in game 3 in a 1-1 series.

The 6-11 Latvian Superstar just turned 21 year old.
Andrins Biedrins, against the Dallas Mavericks in these playoffs, leads his team in
shooting 60%
Total rebounds
Offencive rebounds
Defencive rebounds,
Blocks
judging by his age and ability, he will lead all stats in the center position in the NBA for years to come.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHA. He's great and all, but maybe you haven't heard of Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire, or maybe...Greg Oden? :D No offense to Andris he's a baller for sure. But that statement is a longshot for sure.

W.HI.P 04-27-2007 11:28 PM

Age 20 ranked 40th in the NBA
And lets look at the 2006-2007 season amongst PF/C and C's:
1)Brand .......Age 28
2)Camby .......Age 33
3)Stoudemire ......Age 24
4)Duncan ......Age 31
5)Boozer ......Age 25
6)Bosh ......Age 23
7)Biedrins .......Age 20!

So when I say judging by his age and ability, he will lead all stats in the center position in the NBA for years to come. I'm not presenting a wish of mine, but a simple reality.
I had this exact conversation about Dirk Nowitzki a few years back with some NBA fans ....how stupid they must be feeling now.

W.HI.P 04-27-2007 11:37 PM

and let me add...this is not an after the fact call:

NBA Basketball
Western Conference:

Houston 13/1
Golden State 151/1

Prices listed are the prices that were given at the time of the predictions

The predictions we're made March 15th 2007 when Golden State was a few games out of that 8th and final playoff position

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12069&page=11

Hyoi 04-28-2007 08:15 AM

3 zip, fresh. Good work. Should we pull out the brooms?

freshnesschronic 04-28-2007 12:50 PM

No, I am still not going to get that cocky about sweeping the defending champs!!!

But it'd be nice.
And WHIP, I have no idea what those rankings are for Biedrins. I already gave him credit calling him a baller and all but he definitely will not lead stats for years to come. So what, he's 20. He had a breakout season, yeah. Is he godly? No. He ain't no Greg Oden, Amare, Yao, he isn't an elite center. Does he have potential for that? Maybe. But is he DEFINITELY going to be one? No, you cannot say that at all. Man, he isn't even a starter.

freshnesschronic 04-29-2007 02:40 PM

Da Bulls sweep the defending champions!!!!
Second city is going to the second round versus the Pistons!
Ben Wallace motors back into Motor city!
Did you see him hit 7 straight free throws in the closing minutes to seal up the game???

Hyoi 04-29-2007 03:11 PM

Ding dong, the Diesel's dead. Now everyone else can play round ball.