The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where'm I gonna live? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28025)

infinite monkey 09-14-2012 10:03 AM

I think the time has come to further research the idea of a Cellar Commune.

Not some crazy drinkin' poison kind of commune, just a group of self-sufficient people who live on the same land and contribute their talents for the good of the community.

Those who can build, build. Those who can farm, farm. Those who can cook, cook. I volunteer to keep the books. Well, sure, I'd run the library but I'm also talking about the ledgers and stuff. I suppose we'll be able to sell some of produce and craftery to get needed items for the ranch.

I say no kids allowed. I like kids, sure, but this isn't that kind of commune. If you want that kind you can start one up or become a Mormon. I'm really only interested in non-breeding adults who have been downsized and outsized and undersized and oversized, who are sick of the rat race, who refuse to shuck and jive for the boss man.

Of course, we'll be off the grid but not completely: I for one would want interwebz.

It's just a rough sketch.

BrianR 09-14-2012 10:56 AM

There is plenty of land out thisaway.

I know of one that is planned already. Not Cellar-specific, but still.

There is also a trans-specific thingie in the planning stages. I am watching that project, but I don't have a lot of hope. It requires investment and money is something that transpeople are chronically short of.

Spexxvet 09-14-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 830263)
I think the time has come to further research the idea of a Cellar Commune.

Not some crazy drinkin' poison kind of commune, just a group of self-sufficient people who live on the same land and contribute their talents for the good of the community.

Those who can build, build. Those who can farm, farm. Those who can cook, cook. I volunteer to keep the books. Well, sure, I'd run the library but I'm also talking about the ledgers and stuff. I suppose we'll be able to sell some of produce and craftery to get needed items for the ranch.

I say no kids allowed. I like kids, sure, but this isn't that kind of commune. If you want that kind you can start one up or become a Mormon. I'm really only interested in non-breeding adults who have been downsized and outsized and undersized and oversized, who are sick of the rat race, who refuse to shuck and jive for the boss man.

Of course, we'll be off the grid but not completely: I for one would want interwebz.

It's just a rough sketch.

It's communism, I tellz ya!

Big Sarge 09-14-2012 11:18 AM

Well, I tried to get all of you to move down to the old sewage lagoon, but nooo....

footfootfoot 09-14-2012 01:38 PM

...Living in a VAN down by the old sewage lagoon... [/Matt Foley]

infinite monkey 09-14-2012 01:56 PM

With jokes like that you'll never get into MonkeyCom. :rolleyes:

Big Sarge 09-14-2012 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is where I'm staying right now. Plenty of room for all.

sexobon 09-14-2012 04:42 PM

Oh man, you're living it up! All I ever got was the poncho hooch I carried in my pack.

Big Sarge 09-15-2012 07:38 AM

I admit it isn't bad. My guys take care of me

Sundae 09-15-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 830263)
I say no kids allowed. I like kids, sure, but this isn't that kind of commune.

I'd be the looker-afterer if you allowed kids. Maybe even the edjumacator.
'Side from that I can cook.

Can't clean worth a damn though, so don't believe me at the interview.
Can sing, but not harmonise.
Don't deal well with conflict.
Can live without TV but need books.
Will not eat bananas or peanuts. Well, perhaps if I am literally starving, but funnily enough I've never experienced that.
Cannot be trusted with the keys to the liquor cupboard.

Am I still being considered?

PS - Sarge, that looks cosy.

Trilby 09-16-2012 06:17 AM

So. Where are you gonna live?

For reals?

Undertoad 09-16-2012 09:34 AM

I DON'T KNOW

jimhelm 09-16-2012 10:57 AM

Can you stay with mom until you figure it out?

Undertoad 09-16-2012 11:21 AM

Worst case scenario. There will be other, better options such as living in North Philly where I'm more likely to survive.

limey 09-16-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 830497)
I DON'T KNOW

[hugs]