The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   About Abuse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24928)

Undertoad 04-17-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

I can remember when, for example, rkzenrage was banned, it was because he consistently and unapologetically violated the sort of social contract that the Cellar operated under.
rkzenrage was banned by his own request.

fargon 04-17-2011 08:53 AM

I come here to be entertained, and informed. The petty bickering sometimes is just to much. But don't change because of me, sometimes I like it.

Cloud 04-17-2011 09:51 AM

I wish to reiterate that I am not Anon/the OP. Not something I would do.

Yeah, Monster picked on me. It's not the first time, or the last. Oh well. Nothing I can do to prevent people from being unpleasant--they have to live with themselves.

I like what Ibram said. The Cellar has a nasty undercurrent and combative spirit which, frankly, I do not get. I do wish the people who come here to be instigators and spectators of strife would evolve past the ape stage.

"Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."

Pico and ME 04-17-2011 10:22 AM

I'm biased because I like IM and Monster and usually find their posting styles to be smart and funny...in other words, entertaining. Both of them can be acerbic at times, but they usually have a reason for it...and if you don't understand the history, you wont appreciate their responses.

footfootfoot 04-17-2011 11:11 AM

I feel left out more than anything. I never get abused. It really goes to show how much of a clique the cellar has become. I mean who do you have to blow around here to be insulted?

Ibby 04-17-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 723665)
rkzenrage was banned by his own request.

fair enough. retracted, at least in example, if not in spirit.

classicman 04-17-2011 11:23 AM

I'll toss in my 2 cents.

First off, I didn't start this thread.

I've been on the shit end of the stick from monnie, shaw and others. I've been on the other end as well. So what? Anon, either do something, say something or leave. That's the way it is here. No moderator is going to ban someone or do anything here just because a couple people are perceived as mean or nasty or because they pick on someone.

Personally I dislike some posters here. I think that we each have to deal with people we do not like IRL as well. I requested a temporary ban to prevent a situation from escalating - instead of shitting on every thread and turning each of them into a bitch session.

I also like many of the people who post here. Some of whom I talk to or interact with IRL as well. I am lucky that I am geographically close to them.

I agree, much to his chagrin, with Ibby's post. The cellar is like a living & ever evolving place - people come and people go. Its never going back to what it was - nothing is.

I miss a lot of the interaction that I used to have here. I also regret some things that I posted. I miss some of the people that no longer post here as well. That is life. Things change. People move on. I choose to post here a lot less because that is best for me.

casimendocina 04-17-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 723677)
I feel left out more than anything. I never get abused. It really goes to show how much of a clique the cellar has become. I mean who do you have to blow around here to be insulted?

I'd offer to abuse you 3F just so you feel more included, but you haven't pissed me off enough yet. You'll have to try harder.

Undertoad 04-17-2011 11:44 AM

Also Ibby, if you feel the Cellar A) used to be a more civil place, and B) stands to benefit from an improved level of discourse, your first move should be to change your signature.

It kind of shits on both your points.

limey 04-17-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 723666)
I come here to be entertained, and informed. The petty bickering sometimes is just to much. But don't change because of me, sometimes I like it.

This.

And most of what Classic said. And Ibs.

Ibby 04-17-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 723691)
Also Ibby, if you feel the Cellar A) used to be a more civil place, and B) stands to benefit from an improved level of discourse, your first move should be to change your signature.

It kind of shits on both your points.

yeah, but i'm sick of letting everyone else have all the fun being nasty. at least my sig is a quote said personally to me.

Sundae 04-17-2011 01:19 PM

Ibram, I'm with UT here.
You had Clod's amusing, more recent and more positive post for quite a while.
Why go back to something so unpleasant?
Yes, Merc wrote it, but it does not reflect the Cellar, and after all this time I don't think it actually reflects his view either.

FTR I think Monster is funny and informative 95% of the time. But when someone riles her she can get personal to the point of being spiteful. She can go from 0- incandescent in one post. I don't know if you really feel angry, Monster, but you do sometimes come across at a white-hot level.

I haven't voted in the poll because I don't think it's the right way to address things.

Gravdigr 04-17-2011 01:34 PM

Are all of you high?

Gravdigr 04-17-2011 01:35 PM

BTW, FTR, I voted: "No: I don't like how they respond to some posters."

Kthxbai.

Gravdigr 04-17-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 723677)

You want Room 12.