The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you a tad apprehensive today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23666)

xoxoxoBruce 10-10-2010 08:08 PM

Yeah, and it'll give your Mom time to adjust.

footfootfoot 10-10-2010 08:45 PM

What's the news with the bloke and his impounded rolling herbarium?

xoxoxoBruce 10-11-2010 02:47 AM

All is well, returned intact, giggly ever after.

DanaC 10-11-2010 03:49 AM

If I believed in a higher power, I'd say someone up there loves him :P Talk about a close call.

monster 11-16-2010 09:42 AM

Something I just did is making me a tad apprehensive. But I can't say what. Not yet. Might turn out to be nothiing Might not. I think I'm glad I did it. Should this be in the post whore section? :unsure::worried::jig::lol:

footfootfoot 11-16-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 694509)
Something I just did is making me a tad apprehensive. But I can't say what. Not yet. Might turn out to be nothiing Might not. I think I'm glad I did it. Should this be in the post whore section? :unsure::worried::jig::lol:

No, it should be here.

bluecuracao 11-22-2010 04:32 PM

I was laid off from my job today. Normally, I guess something like this should go under "What's upsetting you today?" but honestly, I'm not that upset. Maybe more than a tad apprehensive about finding another job before bill-paying funds run out, but otherwise...not feeling too terrible.

It was a life-sucking job with a long commute, so I think at the moment I'm better off. Now I'll have time and energy to find something else...hopefully better.

And you guys will probably get sick of me, because I'll be posting way more frequently now instead of once every couple of months. I may even get a moment to mail my Cellar SS gift in time for Xmas this year. :blush:

J.D.DIAMOND 11-22-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecuracao (Post 695651)
I was laid off from my job today. Normally, I guess something like this should go under "What's upsetting you today?" but honestly, I'm not that upset. Maybe more than a tad apprehensive about finding another job before bill-paying funds run out, but otherwise...not feeling too terrible.

It was a life-sucking job with a long commute, so I think at the moment I'm better off. Now I'll have time and energy to find something else...hopefully better.

And you guys will probably get sick of me, because I'll be posting way more frequently now instead of once every couple of months. I may even get a moment to mail my Cellar SS gift in time for Xmas this year. :blush:

Hey bluecuracao,I'm new here and just read your post. Just wondering,did you file for unemployment for yourself since they laid you off?

Undertoad 11-22-2010 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear it blue.

Are you interested in sales at all?

bluecuracao 11-22-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND (Post 695654)
Hey bluecuracao,I'm new here and just read your post. Just wondering,did you file for unemployment for yourself since they laid you off?

Oh yes, took care of that as soon as I got home! I thought I'd have to find an unemployment office, but my man MB let me know I could do everything online. Resume updating is tomorrow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
Sorry to hear it blue.

Are you interested in sales at all?

Thanks very much, UT. I'm not much of a salesperson, but if you happen to hear about anything graphic design-related, please send it my way.

BigV 11-22-2010 06:21 PM

so sorry to hear this blue... you're right about both points. a life sucking job is barely better than none, and a long commute is life sucking, but you get to pa for the privilege.

You're on the way to Better now. I hope your journey is brief and uneventful.

Clodfobble 11-22-2010 08:56 PM

Glad to hear it's not a devastating turn of events, blue. Hope it came just in time for your dream job to waltz across your desk.

Griff 11-23-2010 05:46 AM

I'm glad to see you keeping a good attitude about it, chin up!

J.D.DIAMOND 11-24-2010 04:20 AM

[quote=bluecuracao;695659]Oh yes, took care of that as soon as I got home! I thought I'd have to find an unemployment office, but my man MB let me know I could do everything online. Resume updating is tomorrow...

Very good Bluecuracao,I hope you find your next Job that you are looking for,I think the unemployment office will grant you an extention after a year so you'll be taken care of for a while at least. Still I wish you the very best.

footfootfoot 11-24-2010 08:03 AM

The Ben Bernank...