The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cold War Warrior Award 2008 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17467)

lookout123 06-13-2008 12:47 PM

yes, but you also used words like forsooth and verily.;)

DanaC 06-13-2008 01:30 PM

I use verily :P

xoxoxoBruce 06-13-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 462054)
yes, but you also used words like forsooth and verily.;)

Yeah, so what's your point, you ne'rdowell?:p

headsplice 06-13-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 461765)
The Special Forces have not pulled out completely. We have a strong operational presence in many parts of the country with some success in many places better than others. Hind sight makes arm chair quarter backs out of the most seasoned critics. How we got to this point is really a non-argument to me, what are going to do about it now is the larger question. Anyone who thinks that the AQ organization, as lose an association as they may actually have with various like extremists around the world, is not a threat and will continue to be a threat to numerous states around the world is a fool. This is a battle we will be engaged in for a long time to come. And the first president to pull back from the fight will pay the price for that error.
Iraq is an entirely different discussion IMHO.

Humble? ;)
I understand the type of fight we're in. But it isn't one that can be one with the military. Check out Global Guerillas for more info on why I think so. REALLY interesting stuff.
EDIT: Hey! It's my evil-est post!

Urbane Guerrilla 06-15-2008 01:10 AM

I was just winking at my post in this thread in Nothingland.

And how it works: Cock strikes Flint upon Frizzen, knocking open the combination Frizzen and Pan Cover, exposing the priming powder in the Pan to the shower of sparks. The Pan is connected to the Chamber by the Touch-hole which gets full of powder in loading, the black powder in the chamber ignites, propelling the Ball downrange with the characteristic bass-toned fBAM! blackpowder report. And a great fog of smoke too, that smells of charcoal and sulfur.

With the amount of ash and fouling burning black powder leaves behind, it is advisable to ream the touch-hole out with a pricker from time to time between shots until you can do a proper job of cleaning with too-hot-to-touch soapy water so the heated gun barrel dries out nice and quick before running an oily patch down the bore to preserve it for next time.

V is quite right.:yelsick:

Thanks, Merc -- it's still warm. [sippy sip sip]

Hey everybody, don't forget mountebank. ;)

Urbane Guerrilla 06-16-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 461832)
. . . individuals who perceive every aspect of the market as a capitalist plot :P

I can perceive Lenin's Tomb as a... :p

Urbane Guerrilla 12-21-2008 04:43 AM

And that, apparently, brought the thread to its natural death. Eftsoons.

DanaC 12-21-2008 04:50 AM

lol. I just got that :P

That was actually pretty funny UG.

Urbane Guerrilla 12-21-2008 04:52 AM

I got half a million of 'em.