The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cellar Cookie Exchange (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19358)

Shawnee123 02-14-2009 09:28 PM

It takes a big cookie to know a big cookie? ;)

I'm not sweet. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

lumberjim 02-14-2009 09:41 PM

get a room!

Shawnee123 02-14-2009 09:44 PM

Puh...you just want to watch.

Sundae 02-15-2009 04:55 AM

My Dad used to work at Amersham BioSciences!
He used to handle radioactive materials...

Limey - I admit I haven't made them yet :(
But you will get them by the end of this week.
Damn - do I still have your address? Best PM me just in case!

Great efforts so far people.
And Pico - you are cute, the sight of you lifted my heart. Or maybe it was the huge cookie. Hard to tell sometimes.

DanaC 02-15-2009 08:19 AM

I just read this thread :p

Ok. Much as I'd love to participate, I just don't have the headspace for cooking at the moment. Proper cooking, such as baking I would usually go and use my bro's kitchen. Mine just isn't suitable. It'd be like baking in a caravan: possible but fraught.

Also...they'd probably get cooked and then not posted. You guys have no idea how big a thing it was that I got my act together and sent an SS gift. *chuckles* though the card I bought in order to post separately from the intehwebz gift, never got posted. Written in, yes. Posted, not so.

At some point, I will get the book pack sent to you SG...but your guess as to when is probably as good as mine ;P

footfootfoot 02-15-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 534617)
That is one damn big cookie!

It's the small hands...
some say it's why her husband married her

LabRat 02-17-2009 09:20 AM

Yeah!!! ::clap clap clap::

I was out of town over the weekend, so I didn't have a chance to mention 2 things.

One, after I got the boxes all taped up I realized that I totally forgot to put in the recipes. PM me if you want it, and I'll get it to you.

Two, there were 2 bags for a reason. One contained a set that were baked 2 minutes longer, so they were crunchier than usual. The softer set was how I prefer them, but our elderly neighbor likes 'em crunchy, so I figured that I would make them both ways.

When I make these, I use a 1/3 cup of dough for each one :D.

Trilby 02-17-2009 01:33 PM

I cannot BELIEVE I missed this.

footfootfoot 02-17-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 535602)
I cannot BELIEVE I missed this.

Serves you right for getting banned.

Trilby 02-19-2009 01:47 PM

I wanta cookie but I don't deserve one.

*sob*

Chocolatl 02-19-2009 07:57 PM

My cookies are going to be sent out on deadline day, Monday, because this week has been my first week teaching and I am absolutely EXHAUSTED. I'm looking forward to baking on the weekend, though, when I have a little free time.

lumberjim 02-20-2009 12:40 AM

yeah....we're baking sunday too.

we got labrat's GIANT FUCKING cookies today......quite tasty! we ate them before we could take pics, though.

limey 02-21-2009 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
  1. Came home from shopping to find a zazzle box
  2. Thought "Whoops, must have ordered Cellar Mug when pi$$ed"
  3. Opened box to find non-mug-shaped foil parcel
  4. Ate two slightly squishy, definitely cookie-textured choc chip 'n' ?peanut? cookies while looking for the camera
  5. YUM
  6. Baking Sunday Sundae!

Sundae 02-21-2009 07:47 AM

NO! No peanut badness!
I just think I added too much salt :(

We only have one salt cellar in the house (for use on chips) and it takes a bit of shaking to get it out. So some may have escaped the teaspoon into the mix. How do I know? I held six back. Greedy pig. Me, Mum, Dad and Grandad ate them. You wouldn't deny pensioners a sweet treat now would you? ;)

Am not great at sweet baking I'm afraid.

Oh - they are "American style" in homage to the Cellar. They are sposed to be chewy. Would be biscuits otherwise.

Pico and ME 02-21-2009 09:42 AM

Mine are going out today if I get to the post office in time, otherwise...Monday. I really hope they survive shipping.