The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I feel very ambivalent about the Cellar lately. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25500)

monster 07-17-2011 09:16 PM

I'm not ambivalent about the cellar at all, right now. But then I have a life, summer is the peak, and summer is now, so I'm hardly here. Some of you clearly failed to notice that, as you named me in bitchery I was nowhere near.... nice to feel like furniture, though....

But right now I'm avoiding paperwork, so here's some home truths for you whingeing whatnots (not that you'll read them because you're so ambivalent....)

To the posters who share every fucking moment of their life in great detail... that's cool, we tolerate it, why can't you tolerate others need to share their irritations? Are you that special it needs to be all about you?

To the posters who never share anything personal, but chime in to agree or condemn... do you really wonder why you don't feel part of the community? Consider having -anf maybe even sharing- an original thought, ffs.

To the posters who start threads about what's wrong with the cellar.... consider leading by example. Did it really not occur to you that you're perpetuating the problem? Really? NEW TOPIC: I hate posts about hating....

classicman 07-17-2011 09:21 PM

My ambivalence factor just increased.

Aliantha 07-17-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 744679)

Ali, if I understood correctly, I think Jim was offering to be a wanker for your entertainment.

He's been doing that for years casi. ;)

footfootfoot 07-17-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 744656)
"Ambivalence suggests strong feelings... in opposition. The prefix, as in "ambidextrous," means "both." The rest of it, in Latin, means "vigor." The word suggests that you are torn... between two opposing courses of action."

Do you know the difference between ambiguous and ambivalent?

I don't know, and I don't care.

;)

Flint 07-17-2011 10:49 PM

To all those dear Cellar dwellars who haven't been feeling the magic lately: sorry I haven't been around more often.

HungLikeJesus 07-17-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 745001)
Do you know the difference between ambiguous and ambivalent?

I don't know, and I don't care.

;)

Mine was a quote from a movie, which I was expecting at least Shawnee to get.

casimendocina 07-18-2011 05:11 AM

Obviously, I'm not feeling that ambivalent about the Cellar (or certain members of it) as this weekend on my jaunt o/s (all 1.5 hours away) I bought Sundae that "I love SG" t-shirt which was discussed so many months ago.

DanaC 07-18-2011 05:34 AM

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I saw nobody mention Monster's name in regards to bitchery.

Spexxvet 07-18-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 744671)
We don't have enough people posting, that's why!!! People....POST! INTERACT! BANTER! SCREAM! We've been drama-free and peaceful around here.

Hand guns should be banned.

Your welcome's ;)

footfootfoot 07-18-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 745008)
Mine was a quote from a movie, which I was expecting at least Shawnee to get.

Let's just say I'm greater than 90 degrees but less than 180.
:blush:

Aliantha 07-19-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 745031)
Maybe I'm misreading this, but I saw nobody mention Monster's name in regards to bitchery.

Me either, and to set the record straight, I wasn't even thinking about things like that when I wrote the OP.

classicman 07-19-2011 08:54 AM

Add me to the group of confusion infusion. What were you referring to Dana?

DanaC 07-19-2011 09:02 AM

I was referring to something mentioned by another poster.

skysidhe 07-19-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 744989)
I'm not ambivalent about the cellar at all, right now. But then I have a life, summer is the peak, and summer is now, so I'm hardly here. Some of you clearly failed to notice that, as you named me in bitchery I was nowhere near.... nice to feel like furniture, though....

But right now I'm avoiding paperwork, so here's some home truths for you whingeing whatnots (not that you'll read them because you're so ambivalent....)

To the posters who share every fucking moment of their life in great detail... that's cool, we tolerate it, why can't you tolerate others need to share their irritations? Are you that special it needs to be all about you?

To the posters who never share anything personal, but chime in to agree or condemn... do you really wonder why you don't feel part of the community? Consider having -anf maybe even sharing- an original thought, ffs.

To the posters who start threads about what's wrong with the cellar.... consider leading by example. Did it really not occur to you that you're perpetuating the problem? Really? NEW TOPIC: I hate posts about hating....

OMFG

infinite monkey 07-19-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 744989)

To the posters who never share anything personal, but chime in to agree or condemn... do you really wonder why you don't feel part of the community? Consider having -anf maybe even sharing- an original thought, ffs.To the posters who start threads about what's wrong with the cellar.... consider leading by example. Did it really not occur to you that you're perpetuating the problem? Really? NEW TOPIC: I hate posts about hating....

:notworthy

Maybe they can also find original thoughts at that yard sale? Or even, a life or something. You know, all that daring adventure like skydiving and scuba diving and swimming a hundred miles...not that daring adventure you get from reading True Crime. :lol: