The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I know this is just a bunch of terrible kids but... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34029)

Undertoad 01-22-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

He needed it edited by public relations firm?
People were calling for his murder, and the jobs of his family and of every family in sight on the basis of a single frame, so YES, for fucks sake, he needed protection against people like yourself.

STILL looking for ANY WAY to tar and feather! STILL! I know YOU can't learn, but will everyone else?

STOP DOING THIS SHIT, YOU'RE KILLING US!

Honest source: The Atlantic: I Failed the Covington Catholic Test

Griff 01-22-2019 07:19 AM

That's a solid piece. I know I assumed too much when I saw the MAGA hat.

xoxoxoBruce 01-22-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Next time a story like this surfaces, I’ll try to sit it out until more facts have emerged.
Wait it out and usually it becomes yesterdays news rather than developing like this did. Like seeing someone kick a puppy, react now or forget it.

People suck, life sucks, I suck. :rolleyes:

tw 01-22-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1023834)
STILL looking for ANY WAY to tar and feather! STILL! I know YOU can't learn, but will everyone else?

If honest (a moderate), then he never needed a PR firm. PR clearly did not protect him. If he needed protection, then he did not publish his name. Please do not continue promoting that bogus lie. Extremists do not need protection from moderates. Moderates need protection from extremists; the adults who are still emotional children.

Accurately noted were many dics promoting confusion and extremist agendas. Honest facts are hard to come by. But this is obviously bogus. They needed permission from their chaperons to chant school slogans? Total bull - classic spin - bad fiction invented by a PR firm. Reeks of spin (lies) so commonly found in Fox News and Russian hackers.

Extremists who can be manipulated by obvious lies such as Saddam's WMDs are a threat to moderates. Only extremists advocated and got useless deaths of 5000 American servicemen for no purpose. Extremists are always that dangerous. Extremists will not even apologize for those deaths and thousands more who are permanently maimed - for no purpose.

He went to PR people to carefully promote an extremist agenda. If honest, he did not need professional spin doctors or Russian hackers to rewrite his testimony. Credibility is seriously missing.

Extremism is why demonstrations turn confrontational. And why priming the extremist pump result in so many informative gems such as 'wreck shit'.

This confrontation demonstrate what Trump has promoted to advance himself. Physical confrontation is now encouraged even resulting in revival of the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists. The real point of this news story and what underlies the Atlantic piece.

Prime the pump so that extremist rhetoric (and the resulting entertainment) exposes its real self. Bring back David Duke and Joseph McCarthy to learn from history. He did not need PR spin doctors to protect himself. That spin only further clouds the event. But makes the actual problem just more obvious.

Undertoad 01-22-2019 11:34 AM

He's literally a child, Tom.

All these decades spent spitting venom about figurative children, and now you're going after an actual, literal child because he had an adult craft and deliver his defense.

Have you no sense of decency?

Griff 01-22-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1023849)

If our country is going to survive, we all need to pull back from our shit when we're wrong. That is what a "moderate" will do.

Gravdigr 01-22-2019 01:15 PM

Well, first one has to understand and admit one is wrong.

Griff 01-22-2019 01:24 PM

I hear the NA gentleman is going to the school. Folks could actually end up learning something

For the record:
I was wrong.
I'm worse at social media than I thought.
Free speech happened.
It didn't get physical.

Gravdigr 01-22-2019 01:45 PM

"One" didn't refer to you, btw. Just ppl in general.

Griff 01-22-2019 02:11 PM

Yeah, I didn't think so but I also hadn't explicitly said I fucked up starting this thread.

Flint 01-22-2019 04:35 PM

All of us were wrong, and continue to be wrong.

Watch the video and determine for yourself what's happening. Don't read any articles, don't read any quotes, don't read any hot takes, corrections, correction-corrections, or correction-correction criticisms.

glatt 01-22-2019 05:15 PM

The video only shows what it shows.

sexobon 01-22-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1023852)
He's literally a child, Tom.

All these decades spent spitting venom about figurative children, and now you're going after an actual, literal child because he had an adult craft and deliver his defense.

Have you no sense of decency?

Those kids are Catholics. Tw is terrified of Catholics; because, you know, they'd be inclined to perform an exorcism on him.

xoxoxoBruce 01-22-2019 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Britain's esteemed :rolleyes: Daily Mail is still on the case.

They showed a brief video of the same boys, same day, catcalling a group of girls walking by, and one of the girls caught video the very end of it.
The girls didn't seem terribly angry and one yelled back, how old are you.
C'mon they're high school kids, I don't want to hear about toxic masculinity or toxic feminism. :headshake

Then there was this...
Quote:

PICTURED: Kentucky students from the same Catholic high school as the teens who taunted a Native American man were allowed to don BLACKFACE at their sports events - and openly goaded African American players

Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky, allowed students over the last 10 years to wear black face to pep rallies
Footage of the incidents appeared online on Monday where they are seen in 2015 with blackface and white painted smiles
In one shocking image, they openly goad a black player from an opposing team
Attachment 66181

Yelling and taunting opposing teams in High School is not good sportsmanship or unusual.
No reason to assume it's because the kid was black, he's from another school, he is the enemy.

The kids painted black is a little bit more concern, I wonder what the school colors are.
Some Eagles fans paint themselves green, I've seen Packers fans in green, white and yellow.
So it could be that. I don't know

Nope, blue and white, nevermind.

sexobon 01-22-2019 10:19 PM

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Exit, stage left.

Quote:

Washington Post Issues Key Correction: Native Elder Nathan Phillips Did Not Serve in Vietnam

… Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.

During an interview with CNN, Phillips said he was a “Vietnam-times veteran,” with the accompanying chyron misquoting him as saying “I am a Vietnam veteran…”