The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Horrifying gang rape & assault on mother & son (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14813)

wolf 07-18-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kintups (Post 365341)
Put the blame where it belongs.

And that would be the rapists, themselves.

People can be raised in horrible circumstances, and never do horrible things. Yes, parents and community are be contributors to an individual's understanding of and relation to the world, but they are not the sole determinant.

AgentApathy 07-18-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kintups (Post 365330)
It seems fitting that the guilt be burdened by the parents of these criminals. Their death sentence be made manditory to be viewed in person by their parents. As well as full coverage by nationl Television. The ones who raised these children are certainly more to blame than the perpetrators.

Ummm, no.

I wasn't raised by the best parents. They made some mistakes, and at some point, I had to make the decision whether to be a victim of it (a fuckup) or to be an upstanding, respectable person. I chose option 2, much as those abominations could have. Instead, they chose to gangrape and torture two poor immigrants who came to this country seeking the American dream, only to get the worst nightmare experience that America could serve up, and to top it off, the remorseless little pricks who did it probably won't receive punishment to fit the crime because of their age in spite of their very rational, adult planning and perpetration of the crime.

Yes, the parents should shoulder some responsibility. But all of it? No. Not even the bulk of it.

Hime 07-18-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 363504)
Appalling crime. On whether they should be tried as juveniles: if they are juveniles, then they should be tried as juveniles, regardless of the nature of their crime. That they committed a horrific crime does not in any way change their age and likely level of mental/emotional development.

Agreed 100%. We try juveniles differently for a reason, and it's not because kids never do terrible things.

yesman065 07-18-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hime (Post 365482)
Agreed 100%. We try juveniles differently for a reason, and it's not because kids never do terrible things.

Ok, so if one of these "kids" is 15, lets say, he is tried and convicted at a speedy trial - serves the maximum we can sentence a "kid" to and is out on his 18th birthday after serving less than 3 years. You think thats justice?? Right?? Fair??

Flint 07-18-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman065 (Post 365485)
You think thats justice?? Right?? Fair??

No, but you know what they say: You can't make an omelet without raping some eggs.

xoxoxoBruce 07-18-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Ok, so if one of these "kids" is 15, lets say, he is tried and convicted at a speedy trial - serves the maximum we can sentence a "kid" to and is out on his 18th birthday after serving less than 3 years. You think thats justice?? Right?? Fair??

Are we sure Florida law says 18 and out?

Hime 07-18-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

I don't know, because I'm not a child psychologist or criminal scientist. I doubt that you are, either. The people who decided that children should be tried separately from adults, were.

It seems likely to me that a 15-year-old could change a lot in three years separated from his friends, harmful family influences, and whatever drugs he was probably doing, with the help of therapy and treatment for any mental illnesses. People don't just come in "good" and "bad" flavors, they can be ill, confused, high, angry at the world, unable to understand right and wrong, etc. Many of these can be changed or treated. I'm not saying that the US criminal justice system as it stands is well-equipped to do that, but I think it should be.

xoxoxoBruce 07-18-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kintups (Post 365330)
It seems fitting that the guilt be burdened by the parents of these criminals. Their death sentence be made manditory to be viewed in person by their parents. As well as full coverage by nationl Television. The ones who raised these children are certainly more to blame than the perpetrators.

Welcome to the Cellar, Kintups.:D
You don't sound like a Sputnik, they just went beep, beep, beep.

Shawnee123 07-18-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hime (Post 365493)
It seems likely to me that a 15-year-old could change a lot in three years separated from his friends, harmful family influences, and whatever drugs he was probably doing, with the help of therapy and treatment for any mental illnesses. People don't just come in "good" and "bad" flavors, they can be ill, confused, high, angry at the world, unable to understand right and wrong, etc. Many of these can be changed or treated. I'm not saying that the US criminal justice system as it stands is well-equipped to do that, but I think it should be.

So can an adult.

Flint 07-18-2007 04:08 PM

If I understand the difference correctly, I believe it is that the juvenile brain and nervous system is not fully developed, things such as impulse control mechanisms. Is that accurate or did I hear that on a televised crime drama? (Which is, incidentally, where criminals often get their stupid ideas.)

piercehawkeye45 07-18-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hime (Post 365493)

I agree with this almost 100% but the problem is that prisons and juevy do nothing to change a person but just reject them from society which usually makes the problem worse.

Hime 07-18-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 (Post 365512)
I agree with this almost 100% but the problem is that prisons and juevy do nothing to change a person but just reject them from society which usually makes the problem worse.

Yeah, that is the problem. My husband used to work in a jail, so I have a particularly grim view of how incarceration works in the US. Unfortunately, to my mind a lot of the problems come from the ingrained idea that bad things should happen to bad people -- unfortunately, having bad things happen to you frequently makes you an even worse person.

Cicero 07-18-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hime (Post 365514)
Yeah, that is the problem. My husband used to work in a jail, so I have a particularly grim view of how incarceration works in the US. Unfortunately, to my mind a lot of the problems come from the ingrained idea that bad things should happen to bad people -- unfortunately, having bad things happen to you frequently makes you an even worse person.

.................................what?!?
:yelsick:

xoxoxoBruce 07-18-2007 04:37 PM

But now that jails are being farmed out to the lowest bidder, things will be much better. [/sarcasm]

Hime 07-18-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 365522)
.................................what?!?
:yelsick:

A lot of people feel better with the idea that people they don't like are being punished with a very unpleasant life. However, a certain level of unpleasantness goes beyond "teaching a lesson" and can lead to increased personality problems.

Look at it this way: if a kid steals from the cookie jar and his parents make him sit in the corner, he might think "ok, I guess stealing from the cookie jar isn't worth it." If he does the same thing and his parents beat him black and blue, he's more likely to come away with some disturbed ideas about the world. The same is true, to a lesser extent, about adults -- a guy who goes to prison for selling a bit of pot is going to be "punished" in a way that is liable to turn him into a much more dangerous criminal.

xoxoxoBruce 07-19-2007 03:49 AM

This keeps popping up every time we get into a crime and punishment discussion. The drug users that deal a little to support their habit, enable them to buy wholesale, or help out their friends. They clog the courts and the jails... they also complicate the decision of what's fair and practical.

smurfalicious 07-19-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 365488)
No, but you know what they say: You can't make an omelet without raping some eggs.

wow.

nice edit.

Shawnee123 07-19-2007 10:10 AM

Hime, I see a lot of what you are saying, but a couple points:

Stealing from a cookie jar, or smoking pot, are worlds apart in terms of criminality from brutal rape, attacking with chemicals, and forcing incest.

The incidents that occurred may or may not be a result of "bad parenting" (which itself even sounds too nice a term) but the offenses are atrocities.

Also, I would like to point out that the original question was "should these kiddies be tried as adults?" Though I think yes, and others think no...the actual punishment is not the debate. I've never been in a juvy or adult prison (except when I visited Paris) so I don't know how much difference, if any, there might be in rehabilitative actions between the two.

Also, does anyone know: if a juvy is tried as an adult, and convicted, do they serve their time in juvy or adult?

I would also like to say that this is the most conservative I have ever been. I'm very liberal, don't believe in CP (for many reasons, not just moral) but what happened in this crime goes way beyond a couple kids out for some kicks, and even my liberal heart finds it very difficult to wonder nature vs nurture, or if the poor kids just need some lovin' and understanding.

Just mho.

Oh, and amen Bruce for post 136. Very true.

smurfalicious 07-19-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 365645)
Also, does anyone know: if a juvy is tried as an adult, and convicted, do they serve their time in juvy or adult?

3 teens indicted in gang rape, could face life prison terms
Avion Lawson, 13, Nathan Walker, 16, and Jakaris Taylor, 15, were indicted on charges that included masked, armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators - eight counts - burglary with assault or battery, and kidnapping. Each of the eight sexual battery counts carries a life sentence. Four of the other 14 counts are first-degree felonies; the remaining two are felonies in the second and third degrees.

The defendants now will probably be booked into the county jail on Gun Club Road, the same as adults charged with crimes.

"That would be normal procedure. If they are charged as adults, they would be transferred to the main detention facility," said Paul Miller, a sheriff's office spokesman.

At the jail, they will be housed on the 12th-floor juvenile center, Miller said.

"There are always about 40 to 50 of them," he said. "They're kept away from adult prisoners."

If the three are convicted, they will likely be incarcerated at Indian River Correctional Institution in Vero Beach, where there is a "young adult offender" wing, said Florida Department of Corrections spokeswoman Gretl Plessinger. That's where Nathaniel Brazill, convicted of shooting and killing Lake Worth Middle School teacher Barry Grunow, initially was sent.

When they turn 18, young felons are transferred to other prisons to serve out their sentences, Plessinger said.

Shawnee123 07-19-2007 10:51 AM

Oh, yeah, never mind the question. ;) :blush:

Rexmons 07-19-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfalicious (Post 365653)
When they turn 18, young felons are transferred to other prisons to serve out their sentences, Plessinger said.

Prisoners to teens: "That's not a rape...

http://videodetective.com/photos/518/021785_24.jpg

yesman065 07-19-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfalicious
The defendants now will probably be booked into the county jail on
Gun Club Road, the same as adults charged with crimes.

Just found that address kind of ironic.

smurfalicious 07-19-2007 12:43 PM

even funnier is that there's a Donald Trump golf course on that same road - the connies can look out their cell windows and watch the old farts playing golf.

Cicero 07-19-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 365609)
This keeps popping up every time we get into a crime and punishment discussion. The drug users that deal a little to support their habit, enable them to buy wholesale, or help out their friends. They clog the courts and the jails... they also complicate the decision of what's fair and practical.

I think it should come up often. It is bottle-necking the whole system, and in effect, robbing your average Joe Shmo of due process.

What about Mr. No Insurance- is it really imperative that we stir him in the same pot with the murderers and rapists? Yeah, lots of little clogs, like repeat traffic violations. My friend's son got caught on a warrant and put in the can for a jay-walking ticket......
What about the uuuummm......unsolved recent murders that happened in the area at that time? Dunno
Duh.
The mass of jay-walking infractions and parking tickets must have been too overwhelming.

yesman065 07-19-2007 03:55 PM

What about the people sentenced to life - those that have no chance of ever getting out - are they clogging the sytem too? Are they a drain on society? Are they the ones we should deal with to make room for those who should do time and may be deterred from repeating the same offenses against society? Are there enough of them to make a difference?

Happy Monkey 07-19-2007 05:00 PM

They're the ones we should be making room for.

smurfalicious 07-20-2007 08:14 AM

Again, prison is not reformatory. Petit crimes punished with long sentences produce better criminals. I don't see the need to put the 18-year-old with a quarter of the icky sticky and a pipe in jail no matter how many times he gets caught.

People sentenced to life would be a drain on society when they are free to roam the streets and continue to carry out their acts of violence. I will gladly fork over my tax dollars to keep those sociopaths out of my life.

Another issue I wanted to address with this thread (but no one's really perked up about it thus far), is what you all think about the neighbors who HAD to have heard the attack, failed to call authorities before OR after the attack, and even though the victims laid on their bathroom floor for several hours before walking to the hospital, did not come over and offer any kind of assistance, like, say, oh, I don't know, a fucking ride to the hospital.

Other than perhaps a moral responsibility to your fellow human, what responsibility to you feel, if any, these people should have towards their neighbors?

Hime 07-20-2007 12:47 PM

I don't really see why a child stealing should be thought of as acting as a child, while a child doing something like this should be thought of as acting as an adult. While someone who takes something so they don't have to pay for it is acting on a rational, selfish impulse, someone who engages in this kind of behavior is showing a profound lack of empathy, or inability to distinguish reality from fantasy, or simply inability to think for himself and disobey whatever "leader" he is following. We like to think of "the children" as sweet and innocent, but the qualities I listed above are all distinctly childish ones.

The more I think about it, the more strongly I believe that this is a case of two or three mentally ill, disturbed "ringleaders" and seven or eight younger kids with no real role models or authority figures who got attached to this gang as a way of coping with life in a very dangerous neighborhood. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the kids who've been arrested so far are the followers, and the leaders are actually 18 or older -- the better to manipulate kids into doing something like this. :mad:

DanaC 07-20-2007 12:50 PM

That has a horribly ring of truth to it Hime.

yesman065 07-20-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 365772)
They're the ones we should be making room for.

I reread my post and don't know if what I meant came through. I was questioning if we should remove the terminal criminals from the system making room in the prisons. Thus creating a situation where the prisons aren't overcrowded with scum that are never getting out. These people only create an environment that perpetuates crime - they, for all intents and purposes, run these places. Without them would our systems be better suited to rehabilitation, education and/or retraining - whatever positives we can.

Just thinkin and wonderin.

glatt 07-20-2007 01:40 PM

I think there is a lot of room for improving the system.

I would like to see violent criminals and lifers housed in different facilities from all other criminals.

I'd like to see the guards put an end to the widespread rape and other assaults that occur in prisons. They currently look the other way, and nobody cares. This makes prisoners full of hate and violence when they get out and rejoin the rest of us in society.

I'd like to see some sort of program that would identify prisoners who can be rehabilitated, and work hard on rehabilitating them. It should be the top priority of the system for this group.

I'd like violent prisoners to be held in prison until they can pass some sort of evaluation that shows they are not a risk to society, even if that means holding on to them for longer than their sentences. The number one reason for prison is to protect society.

At the same time, I'd like people who are not a danger to society to be put in some sort of minimum security rehabilitation program, and I'd like their sentences to be short.

I'd like mentally ill prisoners to be put in high security mental hospitals and held there until the doctors think they are not a danger.

And finally, if you are going to differentiate between kids and adults, you should always differentiate between them, regardless of the crime. The law should be applied equally and consistently to all.

Hime 07-20-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 366149)
I think there is a lot of room for improving the system.

I would like to see violent criminals and lifers housed in different facilities from all other criminals.

I'd like to see the guards put an end to the widespread rape and other assaults that occur in prisons. They currently look the other way, and nobody cares. This makes prisoners full of hate and violence when they get out and rejoin the rest of us in society.

I'd like to see some sort of program that would identify prisoners who can be rehabilitated, and work hard on rehabilitating them. It should be the top priority of the system for this group.

I'd like violent prisoners to be held in prison until they can pass some sort of evaluation that shows they are not a risk to society, even if that means holding on to them for longer than their sentences. The number one reason for prison is to protect society.

At the same time, I'd like people who are not a danger to society to be put in some sort of minimum security rehabilitation program, and I'd like their sentences to be short.

I'd like mentally ill prisoners to be put in high security mental hospitals and held there until the doctors think they are not a danger.

And finally, if you are going to differentiate between kids and adults, you should always differentiate between them, regardless of the crime. The law should be applied equally and consistently to all.

I agree with almost all of this. One of the things that most disgusts me about my country is the majority's total apathy towards the living conditions of prisoners. Prison rape is not funny, people.

yesman065 07-20-2007 01:54 PM

I agree too. Well said! But I must say that somehow, not specifically in this instance, that the punishment should fit the crime.

Shawnee123 07-20-2007 01:58 PM

I agree too.

It's just hard for me to come to terms with those atrocities coming out of the minds of such young people, and I have a hard time differentiating between someone who could do such things at 15, or at 18, or at 35.

Our criminal system is horrible; I know I have no solutions. So many people who get out want to get back in, it's the only life they know.

smurfalicious 07-20-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 366154)
Our criminal system is horrible; I know I have no solutions.

Maybe the Philippinos have it right????

glatt 07-20-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman065 (Post 366152)
the punishment should fit the crime.

I'd agree with this too, but I'd wager that everyone has their own idea of what a fitting punishment is. Just read through this thread.

yesman065 07-20-2007 03:04 PM

yeah I know Glatt - but again not on this specific case, but in general, there are crimes committed by "kids" that deserve far longer sentences than the year and a half or two that they get because the system says so. Things need to be more flexible and allow those who deal with this stuff all the time the ability to determine what is "fitting."

Shawnee123 07-20-2007 03:20 PM

I never said what I thought the punishment should be in this case. I did say to try them as adults, because of my feeling I outlined in post 154 (sounds like an American Legion baseball team.)

Lord knows what the punishment should be. I'm sure we run the spectrum on what is appropriate, as you said.

glatt 07-20-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman065 (Post 366173)
Things need to be more flexible and allow those who deal with this stuff all the time the ability to determine what is "fitting."

I absolutely agree with that. I hate the idea of legislators telling judges what they have to do in certain situations and not letting them look at the particulars for each case.

xoxoxoBruce 07-20-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 366149)

Lovely idea, but look at everything else the government does.... the people put in charge.... political pressures.
Flexibility spawns abuses that spawn inflexible rules.
Shit like that promotes systems that are worse than the problems they are trying to solve.
Pardon my cynicism.

glatt 07-20-2007 04:23 PM

I'm thinking of something more along the lines of our public school system, but with high security. I have no idea how to identify those who can be rehabilitated. It's not my area of expertise.

xoxoxoBruce 07-20-2007 04:42 PM

Yeah, I know... that's the problem, who does? I don't trust assholes like Dr Phil, and I'm afraid Dr Wolf would execute everyone.
This has been a conundrum since 1787 when Dr. Rush founded the Philadelphia Society for Alleviating the Miseries of Public Prisons.

aliasyzy 07-21-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexmons (Post 363513)
i personally think they should lock all the guys who did it away until the 12yr old son turns 18, then they should let him execute each and every one of them.

only vengeance could wash away the humiliation he and she have suffered. :mad2:

Squid_Operator 07-21-2007 03:55 AM

I say love your enemies.

xoxoxoBruce 07-21-2007 08:25 AM

But don't let your enemies love you.

freshnesschronic 07-21-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfalicious (Post 366163)
Maybe the Philippinos have it right????

Cause Filipinos just want to dance!

smurfalicious 08-17-2007 07:32 AM

4th teen charged in attack at Dunbar

Quote:

Friday, August 17, 2007

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/08/51/09/image_5709518.jpg

WEST PALM BEACH — A fourth suspect was charged Thursday in connection with the Dunbar Village rape - a brutal attack that shattered the nerves of local residents and gained national attention.

A grand jury indicted Tommy L. Poindexter, 18, on charges of armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, burglary with assault or battery, and kidnapping. Prosecutors said they linked him to the crime through DNA evidence.

Poindexter has denied any involvement in the June 18 gang rape of a 35-year-old woman and assault of her 12-year-old son. His last address given to police was in Riviera Beach, but investigators aren't sure if he had a permanent home, West Palm Beach police spokesman Peter Robbins said.

The charges came eight days after Poindexter was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Tactical Unit for several outstanding felony warrants not related to the Dunbar case.

So far, Poindexter is the oldest defendant charged in the case.

Investigators said up to 10 young men raped the woman, assaulted her son and forced the mother and son to have sex with each other in their home. The attackers then poured cleaning agents on both and stole the woman's car and cellphone, forcing her to walk a mile to Good Samaritan Medical Center, authorities said.

Avion Lawson, 14, Nathan Walker, 16, and Jakaris Taylor, 15, were indicted July 18 on the same charges as Poindexter. All will be tried as adults. Each of the sexual battery counts carries a life sentence.

It is unclear how Poindexter knew the other defendants.

The tactical unit arrested Poindexter on Aug. 8 after he ran from officers in the 600 block of 36th Street in Lake Park, according to a sheriff's report. The unit had been requested to help find Poindexter because investigators wanted to question him about the Dunbar case.

Poindexter, authorities said, had six small bags of marijuana in a pants pocket and was charged with possession with intent to sell. Shortly after his arrest, West Palm Beach police took over the case and served a warrant to collect his DNA, the sheriff's report said.

Police have found DNA and fingerprints at the crime scene, Robbins said.

Poindexter has been in trouble with the law since he was 14, records show. He has been arrested five times for charges including violation of probation, vehicle theft and burglary.

A man who answered the phone at a West Palm Beach address listed under the name of Poindexter's father identified himself as the family attorney. He said the family was aware of the charges.

Since the attack, life has changed at the barren public housing complex built in 1940.

The woman and her son have moved. Housing authority executives are considering remaking the barracks-style complex, which was rejected for federal grant money in 2004. Armed security guards now patrol the area.

Police are searching for more suspects, Robbins said: "We still have a lot of arrests we're hoping to make."

Cicero 08-17-2007 11:20 AM

Another one bights the dust!! Hoooo-waaaa!

xoxoxoBruce 08-17-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

The charges came eight days after Poindexter was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Tactical Unit for several outstanding felony warrants not related to the Dunbar case.

~snip~

Poindexter, authorities said, had six small bags of marijuana in a pants pocket and was charged with possession with intent to sell. Shortly after his arrest, West Palm Beach police took over the case and served a warrant to collect his DNA, the sheriff's report said.
I read this as the "several outstanding felony warrants" aren't related to the drugs when they busted him either.
So when this horrendous crime took place, at least one of the playas shouldn't have even been on the street.

Cicero 08-17-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 375875)
I read this as the "several outstanding felony warrants" aren't related to the drugs when they busted him either.
So when this horrendous crime took place, at least one of the playas shouldn't have even been on the street.

?? What are you talking about??

xoxoxoBruce 08-17-2007 12:59 PM

smurfalicious 08-17-2007 01:05 PM

Bruce:

Charges:

Booking Date: 04/04/2007
843.15-3163 FAILURE TO APPEAR-FOR MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE; ARR ON 9/13/06
  • 1. NO/IMPROPER DL/EXP MORE THAN 4 MOS
  • 2. RAN STOP SIGN

Booking Date: 08/08/2007

812.014-4088 LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS - GRAND THEFT (FIREARM)/ BOND: 10,000
812.014-4088 LARC-THEFT IS 300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 5000 DOLS - GRAND THEFT (FIREARM)/ BOND: 10,000

843.15-3163 FAILURE TO APPEAR-FOR MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE; FTA-ARR: CT1) NO/IMPROPER D/L EXP MORE THAN 4 MOS (ALIAS)

843.15-3163 FAILURE TO APPEAR-FOR MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE; FTA-ARR: CT1) NO DL-NEVER HAD ONE ISSUED/ JUDGE PEREZ

843.02-3143 RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WO VIOLENCE

893.13-3448 MARIJUANA-POSSESS-WITH INTENT TO SELL MFG OR DELIVER SCHEDULE I
893.13-3696 MARIJUANA-POSSESS-NOT MORE THAN 20 GRAMS

The below charges are all from the assault/rape:

810.02-2762 BURGL-WITH ASSAULT OR BATTERY
787.01-2598 KIDNAP-
787.02-2605 KIDNAP-FALSE IMPRISONMENT-CHILD UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
794.023-2704 SEX ASSLT-SEXUAL BATTERY 1ST DEG FEL MULTI PERPETRATORS
800.04-4008 SEX OFFENSE-PROMOTE SEXUAL ACTIVITY OF VIC LESS THAN16 YOA
812.014-2792 VEH THEFT-GRAND 3RD DEGREE
810.061-5539 BURGL-IMPAIR DWELLING PHONE POWER FURTHER BURGLARY

And I would LOVE to see the juvy record on this piece of shit. I guarantee you it's more of the same.

xoxoxoBruce 08-17-2007 01:08 PM

So they were not picking him up on several outstanding felony warrants?

smurfalicious 08-17-2007 01:14 PM

I do believe grand theft and resisting are felonies
Quote:

843.02-3143 RESIST OFFICER-OBSTRUCT WO VIOLENCE

xoxoxoBruce 08-17-2007 01:22 PM

The resisting was when they picked him up and he had posted bond in the two Grand Theft cases. Maybe the failure to appear for the misdemeanor cancels the bonds on the felonies? Or the reporter got the facts mixed up.

smurfalicious 08-17-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 375895)
Maybe the failure to appear for the misdemeanor cancels the bonds on the felonies?

i think you may be right on with that.

smurfalicious 08-22-2007 07:22 AM

Untold details of horror unfold in new report on Dunbar attack

Quote:

At the end of the assault, the attackers put the woman in the bathtub, pouring vinegar and water over her, forcing the solution inside her. They poured hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, nail polish remover and ammonia on her, according to the report. They placed foreign objects, including soap, inside her...

Finally, the report says, the assailants looked for a lighter - to set the mother and son on fire.

They didn't find one.

rennison 09-07-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 363504)
Appalling crime. On whether they should be tried as juveniles: if they are juveniles, then they should be tried as juveniles, regardless of the nature of their crime. That they committed a horrific crime does not in any way change their age and likely level of mental/emotional development.

I do not agree with that............... The crime they commited was in no way juvenile and they were clearly mentally developed enough to pour ammonia over the victim in an attempt to cover their tracks............. Clearly some thought went into this crime

Cicero 09-07-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rennison (Post 383134)
I do not agree with that............... The crime they commited was in no way juvenile and they were clearly mentally developed enough to pour ammonia over the victim in an attempt to cover their tracks............. Clearly some thought went into this crime

Hi and thanks Rennison.....but I think this has been covered in this thread about 15 times.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2007 03:04 PM

Welcome to the Cellar rennison.:D

Yes, some thought went into why they did some of the things they did. But I don't think that part was preplanned. I suspect the sick bastards were making it up as they went along.