The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

footfootfoot 01-17-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby (Post 848624)
Hey! Who do I fawn and sync over?

Nobody since the Backstreet Boys broke my heart.

I don't fawn, jawn! I'm jes' tryin' to get by de best ways I knows how ta.

So what? Are you saying that thing between us was nothing? You were just using me like some kleenex, to be tossed in the trash when you were done?

Ohhhhh, wimmen folk they DO be tricksy.

Trilby 01-17-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 848671)
So what? Are you saying that thing between us was nothing? You were just using me like some kleenex, to be tossed in the trash when you were done?

Ohhhhh, wimmen folk they DO be tricksy.

typical man man-move: trying to make it look like it was my fault! The thing between us was pretty one-sided with me laughing at all of your lame (yes! I said it!) jokes and putting up with your flirtation with other cyber women right in front of me and everyone to see!

You SAID you liked narcissistic borderline types and that's one thing I have that Clodfobble will NEVER have!!!!!!!

I'd be very careful about eating any food today if I were you!

Men! They're just so, so....Maddening!

footfootfoot 01-17-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby (Post 848676)

Men! They're just so, so....Maddening!

Clodfobble 01-18-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby
You SAID you liked narcissistic borderline types and that's one thing I have that Clodfobble will NEVER have!!!!!!!

It's true; I'm really more of a high-functioning sociopath type.

xoxoxoBruce 01-18-2013 02:04 PM

:lol2:

Trilby 01-18-2013 02:29 PM

foot- where do you find all these cool songs?

that reminded me of a fun night in NOLA.

footfootfoot 01-18-2013 03:07 PM

They find me, Trils.

Clodfobble 01-18-2013 05:11 PM

Oh hooray, Asylum Street Spankers! One of my favorite bands, they are local to Austin and have been around forever. They used to do an all-ages show every Tuesday night at the Electric Lounge (before it closed,) and there were probably a dozen of us from my high school that would end up there almost every week.

morethanpretty 01-18-2013 11:35 PM

My face is breaking out. Bleh, I thought I was supposed to be past this.

Big Sarge 01-18-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 849014)
My face is breaking out. Bleh, I thought I was supposed to be past this.

Hormone flux? My testosterone makes my upper back & shoulders break out (not fun being 52 and experiencing teenage acne. lol)

Chocolatl 01-28-2013 02:59 AM

Cool Whip.

It's strawberry season -- the grocery store is full of ripe, luscious, ruby red strawberries from about 10 miles east of here. I was going to make strawberry shortcakes last night, but was very irritated to see that Cool Whip, which I distinctly remember as being a "non-dairy whipped topping" contained milk and cream. Turns out they added them to the recipe in 2010. Sigh.

DanaC 01-28-2013 03:49 AM

Choco, does it have to be dairy free, or can it just be lactose free?

http://www.lactofree.co.uk/

Griff 01-28-2013 05:44 AM

That is crazy, changing now when folks are more clued in to allergens than ever before? I just checked Wegman's store brand has the same problem. I suppose you could blame those of us who, given a choice, switched to real whipped cream but we're not switching back over a reformulation...

Chocolatl 01-28-2013 06:29 AM

You know, Dana, I'm not sure. The doctor says she thinks Beans will outgrow it in time, and when I wean her I can eat whatever I want again anyway. Since it's (theoretically) temporary, I haven't figured out whether it's a milk allergy or lactose intolerance. For now it's cheaper and easier to just go dairy free; if it turns out it'll be a long term problem then I'll look into the specifics.

Clodfobble 01-28-2013 07:22 AM

Choco, this stuff is the absolute best substitute there is. It ain't cheap, but it's pantry-stable, so you can get several and save them for special occasions.