The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

infinite monkey 04-01-2013 08:17 AM

I don't know how to take it back, though.

I've not had a lot of luck with this phone, after being very pleased with the Droid and my Verizon service for years. I don't think it's Verizon, though. Last I talked to them they helped me cut my bill down based on usage. I think I just got a gimp phone. Of course. There could be 197 boxes of Cheez-its at the market and I'm going to pick the one where they forgot to enclose the Cheez-arific flavor. You Cheez-it Eaters know of what I speak.

infinite monkey 04-03-2013 07:39 AM

When will I NOT come into the office to a huge 'issue' from 3 years ago that I will get blamed for though the responsibility rests surely in the lap of my ex-boss, The Great Evader?

Stay tuned for the next episode of...The Fake and the Phony!

Oh, and when will it not be 90 degrees below zero every morning?

Griff 04-07-2013 11:37 AM

KBR appears to have made $39.5 Billion on the conflict started by their man Cheney. Nice. On a completely related note, Head Start didn't accept our strategy for keeping kids in program so administration is scrambling, more layoffs likely with fewer kids/families served.

footfootfoot 04-07-2013 12:07 PM

When will you bleeding heart liberals get with the program and back the winners?

Take the gloves off, peeps. This is a streetfight.

Griff 04-07-2013 12:20 PM

I suppose Kathleen Sebelius could use her insider status to fire up an undeclared war on inner-city America, then we shoot all the adults and swoop in to save the day with our 501c. Getting on that.:3eye:

footfootfoot 04-07-2013 12:23 PM

I knew I could count on you.

ZenGum 04-07-2013 05:35 PM

Someone taught you how to count? You must be old, then.

Clodfobble 04-18-2013 07:55 AM

Dang it, we were going to go walking this morning, and then I was going to go pick up the last batch of stones at Home Depot and finish this neverending rock wall project in the front yard... and now it's raining.

footfootfoot 04-18-2013 08:23 AM

Bummer. It sucks when stones get wet.

infinite monkey 04-19-2013 12:40 PM

I am so sleepy. It's cold and rainy and I would love to be home right now, cuddled on the couch, reading and dozing.

infinite monkey 04-19-2013 03:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
"Stakeholders"
Attachment 43728

"Peel back the layers of the onion"
Attachment 43729

Oh, go suck an egg. Find some new buzzwords and phrases. Please. For the good of humanity.

I mean, are you sending an email or cooking dinner?

[/soi'mevilsowhat]

orthodoc 04-24-2013 06:26 PM

:lol: I'm writing a health policy term paper full of references to stakeholders - maybe I should slip in a 'steakholder'. If I knew the prof well enough, I'd do it ...

Writing this paper (for a useful course) and pulling a PowerPoint project together for the MOST useless course in the world. Have to have both done by Friday afternoon, as the weekend will be devoted to my 3rd son's graduation. I am SO ready for this semester to be over.

monster 04-25-2013 07:05 AM

"A Savings of"

Savings is a fucking plural, people. that is all. (for now)

infinite monkey 04-25-2013 07:19 AM

"You can save up to 400 to 600 dollars!"

xoxoxoBruce 04-25-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 862477)
"A Savings of"

Savings is a fucking plural, people. that is all. (for now)

from
Quote:

Usage Note: Traditionalists state that one should use the form a saving when referring to an amount of money that is saved. Indeed, that is the form English speakers outside of the United States normally use. In the United States the plural form a savings is widely used with a singular verb (as in A savings of $50 is most welcome); nonetheless, 57 percent of the Usage Panel find it unacceptable.