The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

morethanpretty 04-28-2013 07:16 AM

Oh tora, I hope that you don't really go blind.

Sundae 04-29-2013 02:33 PM

Irritating in a real sense.
FTR - this post contains ref to boobies. It is not titillating.

Now I've posted before about how my skin seems to tolerate pretty much any animal fluff - feathers, cat fur, dog hair etc. But drop a single Cherry hair on it and it starts to bother me like crazy. It seems I was always destined to hate myself, when my very skin is at war with my own hair.

So for the last couple of evenings, I've got home, switched into slobbing about clothes (which include saggy, gone to grey bra) and ended up in a frenzy of itching. I've searched my skin over and over. My right boob specifically, the itch ground zero.
Taken off my top, turned it inside out.
Checked my slightly too large bra.
Ended up taking off both top and bra (keeping half an ear out for a 'rent on the stairs.)

Tonight I found the culprit.
The bra has two layers, for support. Inside the layers was one single damned hair. It had mananged to sneak in, with about a millimetre showing inside and out.
I managed to work it out.
Of the bra I mean, you don't have to be Inspector Morse to realise that was what was itching me.

Huge relief.

xoxoxoBruce 04-29-2013 02:42 PM

Perhaps it's the chemicals in your hair.

Sundae 04-29-2013 02:44 PM

Honestly, it's been a problem since I was a child. I used to scratch til I left visible marks and get severely upbraided by Mum (who may have had one eye on what the Nuns would say.)

I think it's more noticeable now because my hair is falling out more and my skin is more sensitive.

Pete Zicato 04-29-2013 04:24 PM

I thought they had discovered that was a vitamin deficiency. Or maybe that was the hair pulling thing.

Anyway, you might check with your doctor next time you're in.

BigV 04-29-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 862768)
vocal cord surgery like in Shameless.

I like this *SOMUCH*.!

Sundae 04-30-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 863177)
I thought they had discovered that was a vitamin deficiency. Or maybe that was the hair pulling thing.

Anyway, you might check with your doctor next time you're in.

Hair falling out and extra sensitive skin is a liver thing. Everything is a liver thing these days, it seems.
But it's just exacerbating a problem I've always had.

Unless you were advising Big V!

infinite monkey 04-30-2013 09:55 AM

Worse, even, than the Land of Limbo is the Land of Eeyore.

Everyone...EVERYONE: Sigh. Oh. Sigh. Hmmmm. Oh bother. Oh sigh. Woe is me. Woe. Me. Sigh. I work too little for my giant check. Oh sigh, you can't know. Oh Oh. Woe Woe. Sigh, the weight of the world. Woe. Sigh.

:jagoff:

infinite monkey 04-30-2013 10:02 AM

And the tangled webs. I can barely read the Cellar through them.

This place is lousy with tangled webs.

:spidersmilie:

I need a new gig. Or at least some info. Can I get some 411 here, as to, um, like, er...MY FUCKING NEAR FUTURE?

footfootfoot 04-30-2013 03:22 PM

You need to stop posting after you've been into the chronic.

Lamplighter 04-30-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

You need to stop posting after you've been for a colonic.

morethanpretty 05-01-2013 05:35 AM

I think I may have an upper respiratory infection. Stuffy nose, coughing real bad, voice is hoarse and last night I was running a 101F fever. Not good.

Nirvana 05-01-2013 10:12 AM

Get better soon MTP!

What I find annoying is people that are told with corroborating facts about a person convicted of animal cruelty and they still do dog business with her claiming there are 2 sides to every story. REALLY? How does one justify abusing and neglecting 64 animals? :mad:

morethanpretty 05-01-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana (Post 863444)
Get better soon MTP!

What I find annoying is people that are told with corroborating facts about a person convicted of animal cruelty and they still do dog business with her claiming there are 2 sides to every story. REALLY? How does one justify abusing and neglecting 64 animals? :mad:

Animal abuse is more that irritating. Its down right rage-a-rific.

Ocean's Edge 05-01-2013 12:50 PM

indeed - I wish there were more court orders forbidding contact with animals after being convicted of abuse - it really shouldn't be treated by the law any differently than child abuse.

"It's only a dog" just doesn't cut it with me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still not sleeping well, and now I'm all irritated by a gazillion little rose bush scratches after digging out the surprise daffodils ... I look like I've been self cutting, and I've got to shower before going into town - that'll be pleasant. Not.