The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

Glinda 10-17-2013 06:27 PM

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/..._frog-tape.jpg

You'll never use that blue crap again.

infinite monkey 10-29-2013 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Curl Genius: This thing is the bomb-diddly-bing-bong.

My hair is a few inches past my shoulders, and I usually just put it in a damn ponytail. My hair is straight enough to not be curly but wavy enough to not be straight. I don't care for using straighteners. I also don't want a permanent because of over-processing. This contraption takes more time than I usually spend on my hair but when I want big sexy bouncy curls...there is nothing better. You can leave the singly curls that are rather 'in' right now, or you can finger comb for big bouncy curls.

Do not operate while drunk. I found this out when I was at my friend's house trying to show her how it works.

Lamplighter 10-29-2013 09:40 AM

I think I saw a tv commercial/demonstration of that "curler".
My reaction was "It's like a computer, it lets you create knots very fast"

After using it, can you comb out your hair without knots or tangles ?

infinite monkey 10-29-2013 09:45 AM

You can, but you have to be careful. I use a detangling comb the first day (if I want to comb it...like I said I just finger comb it a bit to separate the curls a little.) The next day I use a regular hairbrush and it's just wavy, which is nice too. I can go a day between shampoos with this contraption.

Gravdigr 10-29-2013 04:10 PM

230°C????? That's 446°F, that seems awfully hot to me. But, hell, that may be normal for all I know.

Happy Monkey 10-29-2013 04:51 PM

Reminds me of the Youtube video of the girl demonstrating how to curl hair, and instead burning her hair off.

BigV 10-29-2013 07:27 PM

UP TO... because it could still be... 230 F and not be incorrect. I smoulder to think what actually happens at 230 C though.. :angry:

Lola Bunny 10-29-2013 10:05 PM

Inf Mon: I checked out the curler, and I love it! One YouTube person said it costs $180. Holy cow! But I checked Amazon and found out it's actually at a more affordable price. I already spent the money for a digital perm so I have to manually curl my hair now. Maybe with this, I can get curly hair more often.

infinite monkey 10-30-2013 08:51 AM

Lola: I saw the curler, or one like it at my salon. It was over 200 bucks! So I didn't think much more about it until I saw a poster for one in Sally's Beauty Supply Store (which I happened to be walking by.) They ordered them as people asked for them, so I had to wait a few days but it was around 100 bucks.

I looked it up on Amazon and I saw a listing that ships from Sally's for 99 dollars...so that's probably your best bet.

It's fun! Like I said, I've not been much on doing anything with my hair, or my face...or anything, but I'm trying to get some of my confidence back so when I spend the time to use this curler I like the results and I've even been compelled to slap on a bit of make-up. Now, if I could just get up the nerve to join a gym. Wish I had a workout buddy.

footfootfoot 10-30-2013 09:27 AM

Would it be to much to ask for a photo of the new, curlier you?

Undertoad 10-30-2013 09:37 AM

You're saying pics or it didn't cappen.

monster 10-30-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 882016)
Lola: I saw the curler, or one like it at my salon. It was over 200 bucks! So I didn't think much more about it until I saw a poster for one in Sally's Beauty Supply Store (which I happened to be walking by.) They ordered them as people asked for them, so I had to wait a few days but it was around 100 bucks.

I looked it up on Amazon and I saw a listing that ships from Sally's for 99 dollars...so that's probably your best bet.

It's fun! Like I said, I've not been much on doing anything with my hair, or my face...or anything, but I'm trying to get some of my confidence back so when I spend the time to use this curler I like the results and I've even been compelled to slap on a bit of make-up. Now, if I could just get up the nerve to join a gym. Wish I had a workout buddy.

I'd work out with you :) I actually slapped some make-up on last night. and nail polish :eek: which is still on and freaking me out while I type. I ought to go work out now, but I'm procrastinating as usual. I have hair like yours, that's why I just go for short. Hebe might be interested in that thingumajig, though.... but her hair is dead straight naturally, wonder if it would work as well?

Lola Bunny 10-30-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 881985)
I already spent the money for a digital perm so I have to manually curl my hair now.

What I meant is that I used up the money I saved to perm my hair. So now, no money, no perm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 882016)

Yeah, I found the curler at Amazon too. I know what you mean by letting go and trying to feel better. Hair, face, clothes....they may be artificial, but they sure help in a person's mentality. Sometimes I force myself to dress up and make my face and hair I won't let go too much. Hope you can venture into the gym soon. By the way, I read your "workout buddy" as knockout body. I was thinking, oh hell yeah, me too! ...LOL :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 882019)
Would it be to much to ask for a photo of the new, curlier you?

Ditto. :D

infinite monkey 10-30-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 882021)
You're saying pics or it didn't cappen.

pics or it didn't hairpen! Hairpin?

I dunno, maybe. i'm disgusted by my face so maybe a Cousin Itt shot.

monster, i'm sure it would work for hebe. there are a couple heat settings and time in curler settings.

Workout buddy/knockout buddy...either would suffice just about now. ;)

lumberjim 10-30-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 882025)

I dunno, maybe. i'm disgusted by my face so maybe a Cousin Itt shot.

You're beautiful. Naturally.