The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Commercials (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19317)

Sundae 05-08-2013 12:54 PM

A woman has to please her man, even when she is just a little girl?

Either that or the mobster bear which is able to get to your school and back and can therefore easily get into your bedroom and steal your eyes with icy cold paws while laughing like all the devils in Hell...?

DanaC 05-08-2013 01:16 PM

heh, closest with the former :p The fact that having attempted to gain his attention in various ways, the advice she gets (from, as you say, the slightly scary mobster bear) and successfully implements...is winning him over with food.

I just. I don't even know, it just makes me want to break stuff.

Sundae 05-08-2013 01:35 PM

Also, Dad gets home in time to eat food that takes approx 12 minutes to "cook" but of course can't be seen to make it, as we're selling traditional family values here.

Actually, no, that's a bit Millie Tant. There's a male of childbearing age in this advert, as opposed to every supermarket ad out there, where women frolic on the beach with children. Because no Mums have to work, but Dads do. Probably why Mums have to buy their kids' clothes made in Dhakar.

I'm sending mixed messages here. Probably because my objection isn't not really about gender politics, I just don't like seeing people happy in adverts. Or creepy bears with tiny eyes.

Right now, where's my prize?
I know you were only joking when you said I couldn't have one.

DanaC 05-08-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 864401)

Right now, where's my prize?
I know you were only joking when you said I couldn't have one.

Picture of a barking puppeh, barely used?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7106/6...6652ba0702.jpg

Sundae 05-08-2013 02:03 PM

Got any kittehs?
(Okay I admit, even I would snuggle that)

DanaC 05-12-2013 11:52 AM

I love this advert. One for all you Dwellar dads:

Ocean's Edge 05-13-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 864403)
Got any kittehs?
(Okay I admit, even I would snuggle that)

Kittehs?... of course we got kittehs....

an oldie but a goodie...

Dagney 05-13-2013 02:34 PM

OMG I worked for that company -That commercial was the reason we didn't get a raise that year. And that's exactly what we were told too. "Sorry, the superbowl investment was more than we anticipated"

But now, its a great analogy for what I do in my classroom every day :)

BigV 05-13-2013 03:03 PM

Pete, that's a great commercial!

Here is a link for ten great ones plus a bonus. #cheating

and ten more super funny ones.

BigV 05-13-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 864833)
I love this advert. One for all you Dwellar dads:

very sweet commercial

riiiiiight up to the very last bit which bothers me as much or more as the one about the chicken. I disagree with their conclusion. It is **much** better and more important to be the Dad than it is to be their friend.

being friends is fun though, just not as important.

DanaC 05-14-2013 03:41 AM

Don't see why you can't be both.

Sundae 05-14-2013 05:24 AM

Side with V here.
I'm hazy about the whole friends/ parenting divide, but when your progeny are children you have to parent them.

I saw nothing in the advert which crossed the line, of course.
It's a good idea.
I just wish they hadn't added the tagline.

glatt 05-14-2013 07:07 AM

It's funny. I also cringed at the tagline, but didn't say anything at the time. I love being a dad and really enjoy spending time playing with my kids, but I make it pretty clear to them that I'm not their friend. I've actually said "I'm not your friend, I'm your dad" to them. But we still have fun together. I really enjoyed the ad though.

edit: although now that I think about it, there's the scene where they are scoping out the girls. That's pretty creepy. What dad is going to be scoping out girls with his son?

DanaC 05-14-2013 02:50 PM

Ahhh. I watched it again and now I see what you are all talking about. I hadn't really taken on the detail of the strap line. I just thought it was a nice idea showing the Dad as also being his friend.

Setting that aside: hows about those two boys for cracking actors or what?

Sundae 05-14-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 865058)
although now that I think about it, there's the scene where they are scoping out the girls. That's pretty creepy. What dad is going to be scoping out girls with his son?

No! Dad isn't scoping the girls out. He's teasing his son because he recognises a girl from his son's school and thinks she fancies his son.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 865103)
Setting that aside: hows about those two boys for cracking actors or what?

Yes. Although I'd like to hear one of them say Accrington Stanley.