The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trilby (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28740)

DanaC 03-09-2013 11:29 AM

That's lovely.

monster 03-09-2013 12:05 PM

Hebe remembers her as "the one who waved at us" :)

infinite monkey 03-09-2013 12:09 PM

Oh jim that really said it.

Such a loss for all of us. I am still thinking i will wake up and it won't be true. Fucking devastating.

I remember us laughing through tears the last we spoke.

Taylor and Danny your mom was so loved. Clever, beautiful lady. I am so sorry.

Jaydaan 03-09-2013 12:19 PM

I never expected to be so upset that a stranger passed away, but I am. I have been on this site for years, and Claudette was always here. To me, she felt she was never good enough, and yet me, a perfect stranger looked forward to her opinion and insights. I didn't know her in person, I wish I had. She was more than "good enough" and I am saddened she felt otherwise. Her struggle is over now, she is with her beloved Autumn.
I hope Taylor and Danny, that you can remember all the good your mom has done, all the love she tried to give, in this most difficult time. In the months and years to come, I hope you come back to this page, and see how many people loved and repsected your mom.

jimhelm 03-09-2013 01:20 PM

not a stranger, jay. a friend you'd not met.

jimhelm 03-09-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 856116)
Oh jim that really said it.

I love you for the same exact reasons. I think bri knew it, but I wish I had told her so.

infinite monkey 03-09-2013 05:29 PM

Thank you. I love you too.

I had written a senti,ent to the cellar, which i lost as my phone is being wonky again...in and out of net access...but i hope to revive it when i am at a real computer.

Something about something good coming of this: remembering how we care about each other, despite differences.

Love you all.

Please send, phone.

BigV 03-09-2013 06:26 PM

Thank you Taylor and Danny for telling us this tragic news. I am so sad, and I know you're stunned and sad too. My heart goes out to you both. I would love to help if I can and the cellar is the best way to reach me. Many people here count her as a friend, all here respected her, both apply for me.

I learned last night when I got a call from classic (thanks man). I was stunned then, I'm still in disbelief, but I wanted to acknowledge Taylor and Danny. I'm so sorry boys, so sorry.

footfootfoot 03-09-2013 06:36 PM

I put this in video thread but I meant to put it here:

Pie 03-09-2013 07:35 PM

I saw this on facebook (thanks DanaC) and I wanted to add my condolences to all, especially her sons. Many of us here have dealt with our own demons of a similar sort; how terribly sad to see a dear friend laid low.

Peace be with you, Bri.

Pete Zicato 03-09-2013 07:51 PM

Miss you, Pie. I can't remember when you left so I will mention that I used to be dar512. I hope that you are happy and healthy where ever you are in real life.

So, the cellar is like real life in this respect - sometimes tragedy brings old friends back together for a moment.

Lola Bunny 03-09-2013 09:01 PM

Condolences to you and your family, Taylor and Danny. Claudette was loved and will be missed. It's hard not to shed a tear being in this thread.

Crimson Ghost 03-09-2013 09:34 PM

My condolences as well. I liked Trillby.

If I may, I would like to share a poem that is often recited at funerals for my lodge brothers. But I feel the sentiment can be applied to anyone.
If it is not appropriate, I request that a moderator delete it.

In My Father's Mansion
It is not cold beneath the grasses,
Nor close-walled within the tomb;
Rather, in my Father's mansion,
Living, in another room.
Nearer than the one who loves me,
Like yon child with cheeks abloom,
Out of sight, at desk or schoolbook,
Busy, in another room.
Nearer than the youth whom fortune
Beckons where the strange lands loom;
Just behind the hanging curtain,
Serving, in another room.
Shall I doubt my Father's mercy?
Shall I think of death as doom,
Or the stepping o'er the threshold
To a bigger, brighter room?
Shall I blame my Father's wisdom?
Shall I sit enswathed in gloom,
When I know my Love is happy
Waiting, in another room?
Robert Freeman

Chocolatl 03-09-2013 09:34 PM

Stunned and so sad.

Goodbye, Tril. I'll miss your kind and generous spirit.

Wishing peace for her family in their grief.

footfootfoot 03-09-2013 09:41 PM

Thank you CG, A beautiful poem, she did love poems. I will miss that about her.