The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Horrifying gang rape & assault on mother & son (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14813)

rkzenrage 07-14-2007 03:33 PM

More violence is a deterrent to violence! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...bombs/High.gif

xoxoxoBruce 07-14-2007 03:37 PM

It certainly would be to these rodents.

Uisge Beatha 07-14-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Make sure they never do it again plus a deterrent the the fuckers in waiting.

Indeed, they would not be able to do it again. I'd say the same result would be achieved by lifetime imprisonment. As to deterrence, I am not so sure. I've heard various claims denouncing the deterrent value of prison, so I fear the same might hold true here. I honestly don't know if it would have the desired effect. I must admit I am fairly certain Bruce knows more about this than I do; he seems much more knowledgeable and well-read on social issues. My ethics are my own guide here, though, and they are quite firmly established.

I actually respect everyone else's right to their opinions and appreciate the opportunity to discuss them. At the moment it seems rather obvious to me that we are at something of an impasse, however. Perhaps for now it would be best (as the expression goes) to simply agree to disagree.

freshnesschronic 07-14-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 364002)
What possible difference does it make what kind of disorder the monsters have. Are you going to worry about what kind of disorder Godzilla might have while he eats the god damn city?

Ummmmmm read my second part of the my post, I don't agree any less with you that they are monsters.

xoxoxoBruce 07-14-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uisge Beatha (Post 364013)
As to deterrence, I am not so sure. I've heard various claims denouncing the deterrent value of prison, so I fear the same might hold true here.

You're right about prison not being a deterrent. The street punks aren't afraid of prison. They expect it before they are 21. They don't fear it because their buddies are there waiting for them and when they get out it gives them street creds.

If prison isn't a deterrent or rehabilitation facility, then it's only doing a small part of what it should. Since "hard labor" went out with sword fighting and knickers, the only bad thing about prison, for these hoods, is the boredom. For kids waiting all day on the street corner, or basketball court, for something interesting to happen, that's not much of a deterrent.

xoxoxoBruce 07-14-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 364014)
Ummmmmm read my second part of the my post, I don't agree any less with you that they are monsters.

I didn't question the second part of your post, I just said the first part is a moot point.

Aliantha 07-14-2007 06:52 PM

Godzilla is a fictional character.

These kids are real.

It's shocking and disgusting what they've done.

They should pay for their crime.

If they're sent to adult prison, they'll definitely get a piece of what they gave.

Any chance of rehabilitation for them?

I doubt it.

piercehawkeye45 07-14-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 364041)
You're right about prison not being a deterrent. The street punks aren't afraid of prison. They expect it before they are 21. They don't fear it because their buddies are there waiting for them and when they get out it gives them street creds.

If prison isn't a deterrent or rehabilitation facility, then it's only doing a small part of what it should. Since "hard labor" went out with sword fighting and knickers, the only bad thing about prison, for these hoods, is the boredom. For kids waiting all day on the street corner, or basketball court, for something interesting to happen, that's not much of a deterrent.

You also can't forget you have gauranteed shelter and food, sometimes entertainment.

xoxoxoBruce 07-14-2007 10:25 PM

True, some people live much more comfortably in prison than on the street. Sure as hell wouldn't be my choice, though.

rkzenrage 07-15-2007 12:52 AM

Not by a long-shot. I've been on the street and, well not prison but jail.
I would still choose the street ANY DAY of the week.
& I was one of the guys who got his way... I can't imagine what it was like for the pretty boys, ugh!

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2007 01:17 AM

Pretty or not, if you have a clique of your hoodies, gang members and relatives waiting for you on the inside, it's not a problem. It's only a problem for guys like us that are on our own.

rkzenrage 07-15-2007 02:35 AM

Most people on the street are not alone either. Everyone I knew had a peer group.

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2007 12:08 PM

Sure, but on the street, you don't get the;
Quote:

Originally Posted by PH45
You also can't forget you have gauranteed shelter and food, sometimes entertainment.

That was the case for being more comfortable in prison than on the street.

You brought up the dangers;
Quote:

I can't imagine what it was like for the pretty boys, ugh!
And I pointed out that isn't a problem for these scumbags;
Quote:

Pretty or not, if you have a clique of your hoodies, gang members and relatives waiting for you on the inside, it's not a problem. It's only a problem for guys like us that are on our own.
Now I'd definitely rather be on the street, but it's not a deterrent for these scumbags that commit these atrocities.

wolf 07-15-2007 03:00 PM

Character disorder = personality disorder.

This is NOT equivalent to someone who has a diagnosable major mental illness (Depression, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, etc.), although I'll betcha dollars to doughnuts that each of these perpetrators carries one or more of these diagnoses, even if they don't actually exhibit the full symptom spectrum. Why? Insurance companies don't pay for personality disorders.

These bastards just need to die.

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2007 03:06 PM

[Threadjack] Wolf, I caught some guy on TV last night claiming a huge percentage of the people taking up space in the state and county jails should really be in your care. It was just a clip and I didn't get the details.[/threadjack]