The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dumb Questions Submitted to the All-Knowing Cella! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24857)

Gravdigr 04-10-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 721570)
GFYALMA.

Hey Classic? Assuming that means 'GoFuckYourselfAndLeaveMeAlone', can I use that?

GFYALMA...I'm loving it.:lol2:

monster 04-10-2011 10:46 PM

Question is, can you leave me alone? Can you not (please FSM) reference me further in any post you make, or answer any question I ask, or refute (or agree with!) any point I make? I bet not, but I'd be so happy to be proved wrong. Oh and did I namecall? No, but you did (and it wasn't very original). :lol:

classicman 04-10-2011 10:58 PM

Is there an ignore function on the cellar? If so, some should use it.

Two way street and all.

monster 04-10-2011 11:38 PM

oh, hai, crassic! long time no see! not long enough, but without clouds there'd be no silver linings.

Gravdigr 04-10-2011 11:54 PM

See?

HungLikeJesus 04-12-2011 01:00 PM

The Russians just use a pencil.

plthijinx 04-12-2011 06:30 PM

ok i have one. why is a woman's private area referred to as a beaver?

and where did the referral to a mans package as a "johnson" come from?

skysidhe 04-12-2011 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 722460)
Is there an ignore function on the cellar? If so, some should use it.

Two way street and all.

Hello classic! Good to see you.

oh and you are reading the wrong book. It's this one.

BigV 04-21-2011 09:47 PM

Dear cellar

Two questions, both about movies I can't quite remember.

1 -- on the heels of the Dil Se youtube post I just made, I am vaguely reminded of a Bollywood/crossover movie released here in the US a year, a couple years ago. Was a splashy hit, but apparently not enough to soak into my memory. Any help on a title please?

2 -- Speaking of heels, this is another dance/music movie I'm really struggling to recall. This one was more to do with tango, or flamenco... some hawt latin dancing... I can't remember exactly. One scene in it I do remember well was of a close up of the heel of a dusty boot stomping down onto a wooden floor, perhaps on the patio outdoors. It was the "patrone" of the family, demonstrating the real way to do a move... or some such... aaauuuughhh...

Well.

there you go. PLEASE HELP!

HungLikeJesus 04-21-2011 09:56 PM

2) Assassination Tango, with Robert Duvall, or something something with that Spanish guy, the one who was in that QT movie a few years ago.

BigV 04-21-2011 10:10 PM

Thanks HLJ, it is now #1 in my dvd queue. I don't recognize it, but that means little. I haven't seen a clip with that image, nor have any of the clips I have seen triggered any more memories. I hope this is it, but even it is not, it still looks good.

speaking of fine little films with Robert Duvall, I strongly recommend The Apostle. It's great.

HungLikeJesus 04-21-2011 10:26 PM

Oh, the Spanish guy I was thinking of is Antonio Banderas, but I don't know what movie I might be remembering.

Pico and ME 04-22-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 725564)

2 -- Speaking of heels, this is another dance/music movie I'm really struggling to recall. This one was more to do with tango, or flamenco... some hawt latin dancing... I can't remember exactly. One scene in it I do remember well was of a close up of the heel of a dusty boot stomping down onto a wooden floor, perhaps on the patio outdoors. It was the "patrone" of the family, demonstrating the real way to do a move... or some such... aaauuuughhh...

Strictly Ballroom?

I saw that not too long ago and it does have a scene like the one you described. Although, since it isn't all about Spanish danicng, it's probably not the one.

Is Slumdog Millionaire the other movie you are trying to recall ?

Gravdigr 04-22-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 725585)
...speaking of fine little films with Robert Duvall, I strongly recommend The Apostle. It's great.

"Get Low". Good flick.:thumb:

BigV 04-22-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 725639)

Strictly Ballroom?

I saw that not too long ago and it does have a scene like the one you described. Although, since it isn't all about Spanish danicng, it's probably not the one.

Is Slumdog Millionaire the other movie you are trying to recall ?

Winner!

That is, *I* am the winner because you nailed it. Thank you very much!!! This is the film, and here is a clip of the scene I remembered. The stomping heels make their memorable appearance at about 1:30. I don't know how much of a spoiler it is, but it absolutely stayed with me. Please note, the link will only be valid until 28 Apr 2011 for reasons important to Google. I love this movie.

As for Slumdog Millioniare, I loved that one too, but that's not the one I was thinking about. The one I'm barely remembering was much more touted as a full on Bollywood film with the music and the dancing. I did see Slumdog Millionaire and it's quite good, just not the one causing this itch in my memory I can't scratch.