The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Fucking Hell (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28743)

IamSam 03-10-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 856311)
Because it was a selfish threadabout how I felt, not a thread of condolence and not necessarily something for her boys to read, so I put it where they probably wouldn't find it and titled it appropriately. In hindsight, one of my better moves.

hmmm... I see your point. It just seems so sad for her to end up in "Nothingland." Maybe I'm just too hung up on semantics.

xoxoxoBruce 03-10-2013 09:15 PM

Sam, she's all over, under, and through the Cellar fabric, so why not here too. It's not disrespect, it's inclusion. ;)

Big Sarge 03-10-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamSam (Post 856292)
How do you know, Sarge? Just asking.

As I posted in the other Trilby/Brianna thread, all my alarm bells when off when she posted about drinking and taking tranquilizers and going to bed. VERY bad combo. I knew two other alcoholics who died that way - one of whom I felt terribly guilty about to this day. I went on a "12 Step" call to him with another alcoholic. We literally spent hours with that man, and he seemed OK when we finally left. He apparently over-dosed soon after our departure.

You can only do so much. If a person is determined to die - and poor Trilby must have been. She was very intelligent plus she was an RN for heaven's sake. She knew very well the dangers of drinking and taking tranquilizers at the same time.

I say accidental because she had counseled me closely about mixing but also admitted to doing the same.

footfootfoot 03-10-2013 10:42 PM

I am trying so fucking hard not to go trolling through all her old posts. The cellar fabric just got a great big old burl mark.

richlevy 03-10-2013 10:58 PM

I just heard tonight. I posted my condolences on the Trilby thread (still used to Brianna), but it's really beginning to upset me. Which is odd, because although I liked Brianna, we never had much one-on-one correspondence. Maybe it's her age, or circumstances, or the timing with deaths in my family but this is hitting me harder than I expect.

I mentioned the news to my wife, and she just informed me her aunt is dying of cancer.

This is shaping up to be one f****d up month. It's times like these I wish I did drink.

regular.joe 03-11-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 856357)
I am trying so fucking hard not to go trolling through all her old posts. The cellar fabric just got a great big old burl mark.

It is part of the warp and woof of life that people in our community, people we like or love die. Burl marks are a part of the deal. Us Cellar Dwellers will live better with the burl marks than without.

Big Sarge 03-11-2013 04:18 AM

amen joe, amen!!!

monster 03-11-2013 10:46 AM

SPIDERMAN!!!! I hope someone is looking after Spiderman :apaw:

infinite monkey 03-11-2013 10:54 AM

Someone posted on her guestbook at Routsong that she is taking care of her kitty.

:(

I was talking to a cow orker about taking off for the funeral. Apparently I am not the only one who has spoken about how we are never allowed to take time off so everyone has all this vacation time and end up using sick time.

What I'll probably do, if I'm still employed, is go to the funeral home after work. I'd like to be there for the service, though.

I'll see how my meeting this afternoon goes.

Just fuck. I can't concentrate on anything.

glatt 03-11-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 856404)
... her guestbook at Routsong ....

Thanks for pointing that out.
http://routsong.com/_mgxroot/page_10780.php?id=1186660

Bullitt 03-12-2013 06:58 AM

:( Rest in Peace Bri.

footfootfoot 03-12-2013 07:43 AM

I posted this on her guestbook, and I thought I'd repsot here for those who didn't see the guest book.

I think Bri would have liked this poem.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Mary Frye (1932)

orthodoc 03-12-2013 08:17 AM

I love that poem. Haven't seen it in ages.

IamSam 03-12-2013 09:48 PM

Very touching poem, Foot. Nice.

You know, it just hit me that Trilby/Bri was my Secret Santa this year. She sent me such cute, thoughtful things. That Elvis refridgerator magnet is going to be on every fridge I have where ever I may go. (S)HE lives!

BigV 03-13-2013 11:52 AM

Following your footfootfootsteps I repost here my contribution to here memorial at Routsong:

Do not cry because it's over,
Smile because it happened.

-- Dr Seuss.

I'll trade my tears for smiles any day.