The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   a photoblog of what i did today..... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24275)

plthijinx 02-22-2011 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
paul got quite a bit done this weekend in the bathroom while i was playing frogger in go kart traffic. he got all the sheet rock hung and is now tiling the shower.....

he did take pics along the way though. all i have to do is get them off his camera and post them. will do it sometime today after i run errands.

plthijinx 02-22-2011 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
paul said i was cutting too slow. f-that! i like my fingers!!!!

also here is some of the progress we have made today. so much for my day off.

zippyt 02-22-2011 05:57 PM

Looken Good Man !!

plthijinx 02-22-2011 06:10 PM

tyty it;s coming together slowly but coming together....

plthijinx 02-23-2011 03:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
going back a bit...these are some pics paul took over the weekend while i was at work...

plthijinx 02-23-2011 03:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
then this is how far he got on the tile today. then i;m off to homo depot for a paint pan and liner so i can prime the sheet rock....

plthijinx 02-23-2011 06:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
alright so i got back from homo depot and started priming. messy job it is i tell ya, lol! but i got;er done.....

plthijinx 02-23-2011 06:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
then the white boy just got whiter! i forgot i had my prescription sunglasses on my head and they got a sprinkle too. pita cleaning them off without scratching them. i didn;t want to use thinner on them for fear it would f;em up....

zippyt 02-23-2011 07:11 PM

I HATE Painting !!!
So much so Both houses we have owned we got sided ,
Carol does the Painting in side , Ill help prep , and clean up , and Get Hard to reach spots , but the rest is Hers !!

plthijinx 02-23-2011 07:16 PM

yeah painting blows. but at least i can do it. wall tile? no. i can;t wall tile. i help prep and will mud and cut the tiles, but paul places them. at least the ones going up the wall. floor? no problem. but the wall? no.

plthijinx 02-28-2011 10:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
alright. here is the progress made over the weekend. the shower is tiled and we are now grouting with non-sanded grout. i like the contrast from the shower floor to the wall..what do you think? also i mounted the light that goes over the vanity as well. floor tile in too.

zippyt 02-28-2011 11:14 PM

Thats looking good man ,
But ya got a blub out dude !!!

Pete Zicato 03-01-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 713830)
Thats looking good man ,
But ya got a blub out dude !!!

It's early, and I'm not a morning person. I just went googling to figure out what "blub out" meant. I figured it must be an industry term. :blush:

monster 03-01-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 713898)
It's early, and I'm not a morning person. I just went googling to figure out what "blub out" meant. I figured it must be an industry term. :blush:

:lol: I thought blubbing in reference to the pubble of water, then considered the source......

TheMercenary 03-03-2011 11:23 AM

I love that tile in the shower! I will have to remember that when I build my next house.

plthijinx 03-03-2011 10:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i;ve been getting home late working 12 hour plus sometimes days building panels. here is where paul is with the bathroom... i particularly like the tile, like merc, and the paint scheme. still a lot more to go but he;s making the best progress he can without me there to help him....

plthijinx 03-03-2011 10:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
now here;s what i;ve been up to all week. i could bitch slap the designer that designed these panels. they left out several key electrical components in the drawings that set us back a days work. see, they knew that they had the parts to go in the panel but did not allow for space. we had to remount the wire ways, called panduit in this case - the manufacturer, and terminal strip din rails - the metal thingies that the terminal blocks, fuses and other components fasten to on the back plate. anyway, here are some pics today while i was wiring panel #1. started it after lunch and am almost finished with it. another wireman needed the drawings i had to complete his panel so i gave him them and started on panel #3.

plthijinx 03-03-2011 10:34 PM

oh, and as far as the pretty wire colors? black in this case is 480 volt, red is 120, blue is 24 vdc, white is 120 neutral, and white/blue 24 neg. oh and green is ground.

zippyt 03-04-2011 03:20 PM

Cool !!
So Is the Ethernet for comm or I/O ??

plthijinx 03-04-2011 05:48 PM

Com

plthijinx 03-06-2011 02:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
been busy and not been around too much but here is what we have at the house. well as of yesterday. it;s late and i haven;t ventured into the bathroom tonight to check progress. the original vanity had the pluming holes on the wrong side of the rear panels so paul returned it and got imo a better looking one.

plthijinx 03-06-2011 02:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
then this last week at work someone laid down a foundation for a BBQ pit for the new party area. when i got to work today me and RC mounted the thing. then later ronnie broke it in by cooking fajitas for the staff!

Pete Zicato 03-06-2011 11:31 AM

Separate woodbox would've been nice.

On the other hand, they don't let us do any kind of BBQ at the Sears tower.

plthijinx 03-06-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 715206)
Separate woodbox would've been nice.

On the other hand, they don't let us do any kind of BBQ at the Sears tower.

Yeah i suggested that but oh well...

Edit: damn you autocorrect!!

kerosene 03-07-2011 09:40 AM

I like that bathroom tile. The wall colors look just like my kitchen.

plthijinx 03-07-2011 07:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerosene (Post 715340)
I like that bathroom tile. The wall colors look just like my kitchen.

good taste in colors then! :)

ok here it is! the curved shower rod is a real nice touch. i think overall this turned out really well. (oh and for the neat freaks, yeah we lost the electrical outlet/switch covers and hafta go get replacements at homo depot.

plthijinx 03-07-2011 07:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)

kerosene 03-07-2011 08:52 PM

Nice! Looks really good. Good work!

zippyt 03-07-2011 10:28 PM

Looks Great !!!

Those Curved curton rods are cool

Griff 03-08-2011 05:47 AM

Well done!

plthijinx 03-08-2011 10:13 PM

oooooooooooops. we gotta bust up tile and lay concrete. the shower pan is not sloped correctly. if you look reeeeeal close at the pan pictures you can tell that it is lower than the rest of the shower in the upper left hand corner. what happened was that paul ran out of concrete and hoped all would be good. nope. so gotta fix that. we tried the shower tonight, not together mind you, and found out that the pan has a low spot.

zippyt 03-08-2011 10:32 PM

BuuuuuuuMMMMeeeRRRR !!!!

I Hate redoing a Project !!!

plthijinx 03-08-2011 10:33 PM

yeah true....but it;s only 2 tiles so......

plthijinx 03-10-2011 01:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
it was a real pita. first off i mixed the quick set with too much water so it was a pain to work with. notice in the second pic the level bubble showing slope away from the drain. after i put down the quick set and let it cure for an hour and a half or so i was able to come back in and mold a slope as seen by the bubble in the last pic. now we let it dry overnight then relay the tiles back in.

plthijinx 03-31-2011 11:04 PM

ok. today i put down the tool belt and picked up an airplane! THANK GAWD! here are some snippets from today. i met up with bobby at work and he brought his zr-1 vette! nice ride!

then engine start up....

then take off from KDWH

bobby landing at KCLL where we had an excellent lunch at Dixie Chicken

and finally my landing at KDWH. bobby flew the leg up there and i flew the leg back so we could both get stick time.

all around. it was a great day to fly.

xoxoxoBruce 04-01-2011 02:15 AM

Therapeutic air time. :thumb:

plthijinx 04-02-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 720244)
Therapeutic air time. :thumb:

yessir. yes indeed it was!

glatt 04-02-2011 08:21 AM

nice set of videos!

skysidhe 04-02-2011 02:43 PM

I vote this thread, the best thread ever.

plthijinx 04-03-2011 03:11 AM

thanks guys! :blush:

plthijinx 04-03-2011 03:29 AM

one thing i forgot to mention about that flight was this. birds. BIG birds. after we took off from KCLL about 7 miles southeast of the airport at 2,000 ft. was a flock of turkey buzzards. about 15 to 20 of them. damn near hit at least 5 of 'em. had to do some fancy stick n rudder to avoid them. chopped the throttle to idle and went into a left hand rollover dive then recovered when we were below them by a couple hundred feet. scary and fun all at the same time. that's one of the reasons i love to fly. every flight is different. flying to me is almost as good as sex! oh, and i did tell air traffic control (aka atc) about the birds and their location because there was incoming traffic into college station including continental express.

Undertoad 04-03-2011 03:51 PM

do those flocks fly at night?

plthijinx 04-03-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 720766)
do those flocks fly at night?

I know geese do. Not so sure about buzzards though.

zippyt 04-10-2011 10:13 PM

zippyt 04-10-2011 10:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well That Sucked , But I Did learn some thing though
Shark bite connector Dont fit PVC

plthijinx 04-11-2011 12:49 AM

looks like you had fun today! go into more detail. i don't know plumbing all that well.....

zippyt 04-11-2011 06:07 PM

did ya see the hole in the Valve ? I still have NO Idea what that was there for ( the valve that is )
So we removed Patio stones , 12x12 cement pavers , dug down remover More Pavers , dug down some more , i felt around in to hole , found what felt like a Valve handle , dug some more , Bailed out water , Shit its a valve , Shit there is Water Squirting Out of the Top side of the valve Ran and turned OFF the water Got a pipe cutter , cut out the Fucking Valve I cut it close so as to Not have to add any pipe ( more on that in a sec) , went to Lowes , discussed the options with Carol , we had wanted a faucet in the back yard , so Hell No time like the present , got the faucet a 3/4 T and 2 3/4 straight fittings , i knew I would have to trim the existing pipe to fit , so No Biggie ,Right
Well when I started trying to fit this all togather I hear SNAP , and Im neeling there with about 6" of copper pipe connected to about 6" of Pvc in my habd , the water line Into the house is copper and they had connected a section of copper to the PVC to add the valve i guess , Shit , so hi ho hi ho Back to Lowes I go , get a piece of 3/4" copper pipe and another fitting , Measure the pipe i need takeing into account the fittings , cut the Pipe , push the fitting on said Pipe , push this into the T on the new faucet , shit the fitting wont fit on the PVC , Must be 1" , so Back to Lowes , snag a 3/4"to 1" fitting , Now the fitting wont Snug down on the Pvc Shit !!! Back to lowes with a Small Piece of the PVC , Dude explains that PVC is measured ID ( inside diameter ) copper is measured OD ( Out side diameter ) BS I say , Here Let me show you , and slides the Piece of PVC Over a piece of 3/4" copper , Well Ya learn something new Every day , so what do I do ??
I explain what im doing to him , he gets a pvc fitting that will screw Into a Union and 1 for the copper side as well ,
thus the pic and the comment that that sucked !!!

monster 04-11-2011 06:57 PM

Looking mighty fine, zipper, did you lose some weight?

footfootfoot 04-11-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 722470)
i don't know plumbing all that well.....

1. Water runs downhill.
2. Payday is Friday.
3. Don't put your fingers in your mouth.

Then there's this:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/whe...ed-prof,18853/

plthijinx 04-11-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 722551)

hmmm maybe i should become a non-licensed plumber!

plthijinx 04-11-2011 08:57 PM

trial and error zip. that's why i asked for clarification. i might have to do the same someday or maybe another cellarite. so if we do have to do said job we can come here and/or pm the "project manager"

footfootfoot 04-11-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 722553)
hmmm maybe i should become a non-licensed plumber!

Did you get to the end of the article?

Quote:

One last word of wisdom: If you hire an electrician, union or otherwise, he's going to fuck your wife right in the ass and send you the pictures.

Nothing you can do about that.
:eek:

zippyt 04-11-2011 10:23 PM

I don't know about the project mngr thing ,
but im willing to throw in my 2 cents

Feetz I Used to be an electrician ;)

plthijinx 04-11-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 722556)
Did you get to the end of the article?

:eek:

oh ok this part:

Quote:

One last word of wisdom: If you hire an electrician, union or otherwise, he's going to fuck your wife right in the ass and send you the pictures.

Nothing you can do about that.
oh the tighter the better!

shut up sheldon. :D

footfootfoot 04-12-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 722559)
I don't know about the project mngr thing ,
but im willing to throw in my 2 cents

Feetz I Used to be an electrician ;)

I'll have to check out your flickr page again!

plthijinx 04-13-2011 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a brew that i picked up yesterday at spec's liquor store called "mississippi mud" like the bottle, like the flavor too! good brew! will be buying more of it in the future!

plthijinx 04-13-2011 11:28 PM

oops. meant to post this elsewhere...DOH! oh well. and i ain't even drunk! lmao! (thank gawd!)

plthijinx 04-13-2011 11:51 PM

i wish i'd of taken pictures but today i fixed the honda 4-trax four wheeler we use regularly at work. you see it's like this. a while back, almost 8 months ago the starter switch burned up. actually i think it was longer than that. more like 2 years ago. anyway, it was rigged up where the starter was wired from the battery to the switch to the starter. well that won't work. what happens is this. the switch cannot handle the amperage so it burns up. could be two starts could be 20. never can tell. well for the last 6 weeks or so i have been pushing to wire this up back right. in other words, wire in a relay like it should be. then what happens is this: you push the starter button. the starter button is wired to the coil. the coil energizes then closes the starter contact therefore bypassing the load that was going through the switch. (helllllloooooo! that's the way it came from the factory!) so anyway, i found out today that the relay in the quad is new. ronnie just didn't know how to wire it up so he bypassed it. the thing is a piece of shit but it works and it works well. for whatever reason the original starter button was 86'ed. i opened up the housing and the wires were cut. short. no way to rewire it. not that i saw anyway. not without taking the complete thing apart. so here's what i did. i wired the new switch into the coil. then spliced in the negative to the return wire. then i ran a wire from the hot through the switch and on to the relay coil. for whatever reason, no wiring diagram of the scooter so had to improvise with a volt meter testing continuity, got it to where i could energize the coil. now second problem aroused. the starter positive post is jacked up. took me several tries to make it work. adjusted the nut to get a deeper penetration into the starter. prolly needs a new starter. duct tape and bailing wire be damned. the thing works. will try and take pictures of it tomorrow.

plthijinx 04-14-2011 11:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ok so. here are pics of the finished job on the 4 wheeler at work. pic1 shows the relay. pic2 is the wire i connected to the battery positive terminal. the other end of the wire was at the starter button the other was connected to the relay plug you see here in pic4. pic 3 was splicing in the negative. and finally, pic5 showing the starter push button.

plthijinx 04-14-2011 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
totally forgot to resize the damn pics, sorry guys