The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2015 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I bet it's prescription-only and not covered by my insurance :/
Bandage Remover? I wouldn't take that bet. If you can get it from Amazon it can't be prescription only, and I highly doubt insurance would cover that. :headshake

footfootfoot 09-06-2015 10:32 AM

citra-solv gets any adhesive off and then washes off with water or soap and water.
Made from citrus peels.

and if you have very sensitive skin you may find it...mildly irritating

Gravdigr 09-06-2015 03:19 PM

Rubbing alcohol.

Must be one helluva bandaid.

xoxoxoBruce 09-06-2015 09:38 PM

For many years I've been copying articles off the internet into WORD docs, enlarging the print and adding notes to explain certain terms or memes. Then I'd print them for my mother, in her 90s, at nursing home until she died last year. I still print them for my aunt in her 90s at an assisted care facility.

I saw this quip about a 1902 face-book...
http://cellar.org/2015/face.jpg
At some point in the last five or so years I copied an article, as a matter of fact I think it was six or eight installments, about a couple generations of wealthy family who did this very thing at their house in the country. But the clipping is from a small British paper, and this family were Americans. But it's driving me nuts I can't remember the name of the people. The damn voices in my head are useless, they just keep telling me to do socially unacceptable shit.

Gravdigr 09-07-2015 09:47 AM

If someone had copyrighted it back then, Zuckerberg might be running the grill at IHOP.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2015 02:48 PM

Or just call it the National Enquirer... no that's taken too. How about the LES (Life Embellishment Service), or the TTNCE (Tell The NSA and Criminals Everything Club)? :rolleyes:

monster 09-07-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 938071)
Bandage Remover? I wouldn't take that bet. If you can get it from Amazon it can't be prescription only, and I highly doubt insurance would cover that. :headshake

gosh darn looks like I forgot the sarcasm font :rolleyes:

And I meant the soap.

monster 09-07-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 938123)
Rubbing alcohol.

Must be one helluva bandaid.

Rubbing alcohol works, but only with a lot of friction and the skin is already tender and prone to bruising. And yes, it is. :mad:

Gravdigr 09-07-2015 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You might try GooGone. It's a decal remover-type product.It works with citrus also, but, I've accidentally gotten it in cuts and scrapes with no irritation at all. Maybe it's not as concentrated. Or soomething.

Attachment 53285

It's cheap, too.

glatt 09-07-2015 04:41 PM

I got tar on my hand a week ago, while moving old tubes of caulk. I sprayed WD-40 on a paper towel and used that to get the tar off. Then washed with soap and water. Wouldn't want to do that near an open wound though.

fargon 09-07-2015 05:09 PM

I don't know why, it only hurts for about 20 minutes. And it is only a little bit poisonous.

footfootfoot 09-07-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 938189)
You might try GooGone. It's a decal remover-type product.It works with citrus also, but, I've accidentally gotten it in cuts and scrapes with no irritation at all. Maybe it's not as concentrated. Or soomething.

Attachment 53285

It's cheap, too.

same stuff as citra-solv

monster 09-07-2015 08:32 PM

ya thanks :rolleyes: Does this look like a suggestion thread? I paid to whinge about the stupid fucking pharmacist assuming the fucking obvious had not been tried. If all y'all are going to latch the gate after the horse is gone, I'mm'a demand a refund!:p:

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2015 09:15 PM

Probably the accent threw him. You don't have to participate, we can still talk about sticky removal without you. :p:

Carruthers 09-09-2015 09:40 AM

If it's Wednesday, it must be grocery shopping day.

I make a point of arriving at Tesco at about 0730 in order to avoid the later crush of humanity that sweeps through the store in the manner of one of Genghis Khan's smaller, but more irascible, hordes.
It's usually a straightforward enough task as, list in hand, I tread a familiar path from one aisle to the next. However, since last week's visit they've had one of their periodic 'let's move everything around' exercises.
I believe that the objective is to get people to wander around parts of the supermarket that they wouldn't ordinarily visit, and buy extra items that they spot on the way. It doesn't work with me.
I'm likely to abandon the search for whatever it is they've moved and proceed to the next item on my list and ending up spending somewhat less than usual.

That's the Chief Executive of Tesco crossed off my Christmas Card list.