The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Trilby 10-24-2010 10:28 AM

congrats, CG.

What movie did you two watch to celebrate?

Crimson Ghost 10-24-2010 10:56 AM

We went to see "The Town".

We ended up making out in the back row.

jinx 10-24-2010 11:56 AM

I start my new old job tomorrow.
I can take the kids. They'll have their own office when they're there. I could not have asked for or imagined a better situation.

glatt 10-24-2010 12:12 PM

Cool! What's the job?

footfootfoot 10-24-2010 12:26 PM

I cut the living shit out of my finger. Why is that making me happy? Well, despite not being able to tpye very well, my finger is no longer full of livig shit.

Undertoad 10-24-2010 01:31 PM

i am happy about ur finger

http://cellar.org/2010/happytolearn.jpg

zippyt 10-24-2010 04:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok , Lets try this again,
1 st pic is the entertainment center befor
2 nd is work in progress
3 rd is bedroom befor
4 th is Bed room After

Still some shelfs to populate with Stuff , but we Are getting there !!!

Undertoad 10-24-2010 05:19 PM

This is definitely an upgrade from Redneck level B decor to Redneck level A. Well done.

zippyt 10-24-2010 06:18 PM

Thanks
The cart you see in the second liveing room pic ,
we had intended for the TV to sit on it , Too TALL
Carol said , Hell well use it for Something

Undertoad 10-24-2010 06:27 PM

Plus, the casters, man, the casters. That could land you back at level B. We'd need judges.

But it is important for the TV to sit on something not intended for a TV to sit on.

Wait, so what's the cart used for now, aside from duty as a Glade spray can and olive-colored plastic iced tea 20oz mug holder?

skysidhe 10-24-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 690036)
I put in my petition for my associates degree. I will officially have finish a degree by the end of this semester!

Now, just for the next step...whatever that will be. Maybe I'll become a stripper.

woohoo. congratulations and I wish I was that gutsy to take ANYTHING after finishing a degree. It's a brave new world. I think I'll just settle for cleaning retirement centers if need be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 690146)
I start my new old job tomorrow.
I can take the kids. They'll have their own office when they're there. I could not have asked for or imagined a better situation.

I am very happy for you! The apartment manager here just had a baby and is able to bring him to the office. No, there isn't a better situation than that.

Oddly, she doesn't seem as happy as before. I've not seen that before in a new mom. She has got to realize how lucky she is, and you too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 690204)
But it is important for the TV to sit on something not intended for a TV to sit on.

It is. I wish I had an old piece of sturdy furniture to put my TV on. The stand I bought to put the tv on has a cubby hole for the dvd player and there isn't any reinforcement in there. It is sagging ever so slightly.

oh and I chickened out of unplugging my cable. I am so far out I cannot get anything over the air. Just that once.

skysidhe 10-24-2010 06:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Friday was my mother's birthday. She is doing well after hip replacement surgery. She is happily at my sister's house until a suitable place opens up. I bought her a digital frame since she cannot have much of her own things there, but nature had a better idea. I gift for everyone. A deer decided to keep us company the whole day. It rested behind the vehicles most of the time.

Griff 10-24-2010 07:41 PM

I did an ultra-modern pentathlon today. 2 hrs. mtn biking, 2.5 hrs fencing, watched a Broadway Theatre League production of Spamalot, dinner at Lampey's Mediterranean Grill, and now for the Tivo'd game.

monster 10-24-2010 08:30 PM

you need to replace one of those with sex -just sayin'

HungLikeJesus 10-24-2010 08:42 PM

Look! An even-toed ungulate!