The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weird News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16997)

skysidhe 09-14-2009 07:53 AM

ut oh...and Taylor Swift has got to be the sweetest soul.

I saw a show where she was on the road. The story was she had missed her prom so she had her pr agent call high schools to interview guys who wanted to go to their prom with her. She was so sweet and had positive things to say about all of the boys and they were just average kids.

After the prom she thanked the school for sharing their prom with her. She seemed like really a sweet person.

capnhowdy 09-14-2009 11:25 AM

She handled the situation gracefully, IMO. She Is a sweet and classy girl.

skysidhe 09-14-2009 12:34 PM

It was cool of Beyonce to invite her back on stage with her. She's cool too.Well, I always thought she was a neat lady even before I read what she did for Taylor.

classicman 09-15-2009 07:56 AM

Great example of class vs. an ASSHOLE

TheMercenary 09-15-2009 08:31 AM

He never would have said a word if that was Little Kim up there. The dude is a racist.

capnhowdy 09-15-2009 11:11 AM

He's a repeat offender with his rants at awards shows. All his victims were white. Obviously it IS a racist issue. I just can't understand why they keep letting the bastard go to the shows.

classicman 09-15-2009 12:49 PM

Perceived talent..... that or his rants draw ratings.

Flint 09-15-2009 01:04 PM

No, no, you guys must be all mixed up.

Racism is something that white people do to black people (never the other way around--gasp!).

Haven't you Archie Bunker-lookin' motherƒuckers ever read the Politically Correct handbook?

TheMercenary 09-15-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 594974)
Haven't you Archie Bunker-lookin' motherƒuckers ever read the Politically Correct handbook?

No. Can you send me your copy? :D

footfootfoot 09-15-2009 10:01 PM

Happy to note Ibram wasn't involved in this

http://www.rutlandherald.com/article...STIN/909079995

xoxoxoBruce 09-16-2009 12:19 AM

Maybe the four chicks were stealing it to give to him? :eyebrow:

ZenGum 09-16-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 595150)
Maybe the four chicks were stealing it to give to him? :eyebrow:

Looks like you're right:

Quote:

“They really didn’t plan it,” he said Sunday. “One of their friends had an eye on the chili and they got together last night and decided they were going to get it for the friend.”

SNIP

“I’m not sure how it was going to fit,” he said. “It’s a pretty large chili.”

:lol:

I thought this bit was pretty amazing:

Quote:

To power the drill, Grande said they connected 470 feet of extension cords that they ran from the Chili’s building, across all four lanes of [Route 67] and through the parking lot of Home Depot to a nearby outlet.
Awesome, but (a) what idiot cooked up this brilliant plan and have the Darwin Awards (honourable mention section) been advised of this, and (b) who the hell can come up with 470 feet of extension cord, but can't get their hands on a cordless drill?

I find it very noticeable that, of the four young rascals that did this, there was not a single Y-chromosome amongst them. Behold, today's Young Woman, proving once again that women can do anything men can do, no matter how bloody stupid it is.

ZenGum 09-16-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

A pet cat which went missing in Tasmania and turned up in outback Queensland has been reunited with its owners in the Derwent Valley.

The long-haired Himalayan named Clyde disappeared from home when he was just 12-months-old.

He was eventually found in Cloncurry in north-west Queensland, 3,800 kilometres away.

Earlier this year, Clyde walked into the local hospital and followed a nurse home.

The woman contacted Clyde's owners after a vet found the cat was microchipped.
Of that 3,800 kilometres, about 200 is open sea (in fact, as Bass Straight, it is one of the ocean's more dangerous areas). I'm pretty sure kitty didn't swim that.

footfootfoot 09-16-2009 12:47 PM

I live about 20 minutes from there. The 470 feet of cord boggled my mind too. I think there was one guy among the group though.

Having shopped at that home depot many times I'll confirm it is a very long way across the parking lot and the road and the next parking lot.

I would have metabolized all the alcohol it took for me to come up with that plan long before I could have run that much AC cord.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 595157)
Looks like you're right:

:lol:

I thought this bit was pretty amazing:

Awesome, but (a) what idiot cooked up this brilliant plan and have the Darwin Awards (honourable mention section) been advised of this, and (b) who the hell can come up with 470 feet of extension cord, but can't get their hands on a cordless drill?

I find it very noticeable that, of the four young rascals that did this, there was not a single Y-chromosome amongst them. Behold, today's Young Woman, proving once again that women can do anything men can do, no matter how bloody stupid it is.

TheMercenary 09-16-2009 01:00 PM

Go Winston!

Quote:

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - A South African company on Wednesday proved it was faster to transmit data by carrier pigeon than to send it using the country's leading internet service provider
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32772500...ews/?GT1=43001