The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Trilby 11-16-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 773330)
I understand anon. Except now I have no job and feel even worse about myself.

what? You lost your job??

oh, I am so sorry classic. I really am.

gawd how shitty.

classicman 11-16-2011 11:03 AM

thanks. Still fucking sucks. With everything else that's going on right now, adding unemployment to the issue is REALLY pushing me closer to the edge.
Anon, I guess my point was that at least working made me feel productive in some ways. Like I was contributing. Right now ... not so much.
Yeh, we are all just insignificant like a number in some ways, BUT that is YOUR number and you do the best you can with it. Those important to you will remember and respect you for your accomplishments even though sometimes we cannot see that.

If its a life change you are looking for, get started and look at your current situation as temporary. Maybe that'll help. Again, sorry.

limey 11-16-2011 11:44 AM

Anon, three or four people here have said, basically, see if there is one little thing you can change to give yourself something to look forward to. If you find it difficult or impossible to get the energy together to do that then you may well be clinically depressed and a trip to your doctor would be just the thing. If you feel "meh, why bother" about that suggestion then you should definitely go.
I know this sounds flippant, but all of us (so far) that have chipped in with comments on your plight have our own experience to draw on. We really have been there .... And we care about you.

Aliantha 11-16-2011 02:36 PM

Life can be a real shitter sometimes anon. I don't have any better advice than what's been said already.

I really hope you can turn things around for yourself. Sometimes it really is as simple as changing your attitude towards some things, but other times you have to make changes externally. I guess only you know which it has to be in order for you to get through. Whichever way you go, I'm sure you have friends here who can help you through this time. xx

BigV 11-21-2011 03:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I burned myself last week. Fucking carelessness on my part, was cooking and splashed some hot oil out of the pan, onto my hand and onto my bare foot. fucking ouch. First pair was the night of the crime (friday), second pair is rfn. My hand's feeling ok. The thin skin over the burn was chafed off by my gloves during the hike. My foot came through the hike fine, but I recently lost the skin over that burn too. It hurts and my foot's swelling. I just want it to dry out and skin over, but that's not happening very fast. Upsetting and painful.

Attachment 35454

Attachment 35455

Attachment 35456

Attachment 35457

Aliantha 11-21-2011 04:03 PM

Yuck V. Just yuck.

You need to get something to dry that out with, and be really careful it doesn't get infected. That's the biggest problem with burns like that.

Hope it gets better soon though. It looks really painful.

Lamplighter 11-21-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 774631)
Yuck V. Just yuck.

You need to get something to dry that out with, and be really careful it doesn't get infected. That's the biggest problem with burns like that.

Hope it gets better soon though. It looks really painful.

Yes, particularly on the foot where Pseudomonas infections (green ooze, awful smelly, ugh !) can get started and can be hard to treat.

infinite monkey 11-21-2011 05:34 PM

Dude, a couple of those are serious burns. You need them treated.

footfootfoot 11-21-2011 07:06 PM

charming.

jimhelm 11-21-2011 07:16 PM

holy jesus foot, stigmata boy.

nurse!

bandage this, Stat!

monster 11-21-2011 07:28 PM

consider that goatsed.

Uday 11-21-2011 07:33 PM

Uday no longer has his poker game on Friday night. :(

Uday 11-21-2011 07:34 PM

Also, this coffee is shit. Is like cafeteria lady put through goat first.

monster 11-21-2011 07:39 PM

*snort* Sorry your coffee tastes crap, but love the description.

Uday 11-21-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 774694)
*snort* Sorry your coffee tastes crap, but love the description.

Uday is being kind.

America put men on the moon, gave us the internet, and invent poker...But your friend can not find a good cup of coffee if you are putting a gun to his head.