The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

jimhelm 11-21-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 773286)
It helps to have something to look forward to. You should should start planning a vacation. Doesn't have to be big and expensive. It also helps to have small fun things every once in a while. Plan a weekend activity out of the routine a couple weeks from now. Or take an adult ed class, like pottery or something new. You just need to shake things up a little bit. You don't need to quit everything.

It helps to have something to look forward to...until it gets there. and then what? you need SOMETHING ELSE to look forward to. It NEVER ENDS.

Find your peace now. don't look for salvation in the Future. I hope you can find your way to peace within your present self. That's where you can be happy.

I know I harp on that a lot, but it really helped me, and I want others to get that same kind of help.

Read The Power of Now. Or go Buddhist. Your Life is different than your Situation. It's not you... there's nothing to quit.

ZenGum 11-21-2011 08:48 PM

Big V ... OOOOUUUCCCHHH!

You really should get that treated by proper medics. On the other hand ( ;) ), the worst place for getting MRSA infections is ... in hospitals and other health care facilities.

Hmmm.

zippyt 11-21-2011 09:11 PM

V get that looked after NOW !!!!!!!

monster 11-21-2011 09:19 PM

apparently we're sry about ur fut.

Remember crazynurse? ........

zippyt 11-21-2011 09:45 PM

What she said !!!

Sundae 11-24-2011 01:04 PM

Mum is grieving.
Normal grieving I could handle.
Mum's style of grieving however is a little tricky. It includes calling Dad a stupid idiot, a deaf old bastard and basically screaming at him about everything.

He just brought the wrong packet of crisps into the living room for her and she accused him of dementia, not listening to her and not giving a shit about anything that she wanted.

She's just asked me to come off the computer. Which I will of course.
I suspect it's to complain about her evil husband to her friends.

Poor Dad.
Poor Mum as well, losing her Father.
And poor me, having to hear mine verbally attacked.

It's a genetic thing I think.

zippyt 11-24-2011 01:21 PM

sorry to hear this SG
Tell her to take a chill pill have a drink and a nap

Sundae 11-24-2011 02:25 PM

Tcha, last time I tried that approach I was shouted out of the house.
I didn't live here then, and had a car.

zippyt 11-24-2011 02:27 PM

Hypo dart gun ????

DanaC 11-24-2011 04:28 PM

Sorry chick. This too will pass.

footfootfoot 11-24-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 774733)
Big V ... OOOOUUUCCCHHH!

You really should get that treated by proper medics. On the other hand ( ;) ), the worst place for getting MRSA infections is ... in hospitals and other health care facilities.

Hmmm.

Wrong. The best place to get MRSA is in hospitals.

What kind of Doctor are you anyway?

infinite monkey 11-24-2011 06:58 PM

You can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor.

TheMercenary 11-24-2011 06:59 PM

I bet the Japs may disagree with you on that one...

SamIam 11-24-2011 07:23 PM

I think I must be cursed or something. My friend Jim and I and another friend were making a cozy little T-Day dinner for 3 when Jim's phone rang. It was the Bates Motel - Nooooooooooooooo. But yes. I don't even know how they tracked me down, but they did. Carmen was really, really, really sick and needed me to come in so she could go to the hospital. Well, what could I do? I knew that Carmen must be feeling really bad if she had her husband call and ask me to come in Thanksgiving. Carmen never complains about her health. She's a trooper.

I, however, am not a trooper. I got called away before the food was finished cooking, so I never got a chance to eat - anything. I've been here since 3pm and have to stay until 10:00pm and I'm starving. I just rented a room to a Navajo lady in exchange for a necklace. This place does not exactly get over run with guests on Thanksgiving, so what the hey?

And I'll probably work here again tomorrow from 8am to 10pm. I'll NEVER get a chance to eat even a bite of that turkey that I just so happened to pay for.

Wah, wah, wah. Poor me. :mecry:

TheMercenary 11-24-2011 07:27 PM

You want me to send you a turkey wing? I can drop it in overnight express in the AM. Hate for you to be so tortured.... :)