The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Big Sarge 08-20-2011 03:59 PM

Sundae. You've adorned my office & bedroom walls for years. You've had guys in Iraq and at the PD drooling over you. Even my girls love your hair & comment how cute you are. Take a bow, beautiful. Whenever someone asks, I tell them that is my dream girl!

Gravdigr 08-20-2011 04:22 PM

What's making me happy today?

The fact that it can't go on forever.

Sundae 08-21-2011 05:54 AM

Thanks everyone (esp Sarge) made me feel really good.

Dad's just told me that he saw my ex-husband yesterday. (Please note, my ex husband was a lovely man, not ever to be confused with the Evil Ex who I did not marry, just sold my soul to for far too long).

He called to Dad across the carpark they were both parking in, so it was contact initiated by him not Dad. That makes me happy - he got along well with both my parents and I'm pleased he still feels he can talk to them. Of course, being Dad, he came back with absolutely no information! I'd have loved to hear he was married with children and in a job he loved, that our cats had had good lives (17 years ago - chances are they have died by now).

Still, he made an effort to talk to Dad and that has really pleased me.

Griff 08-21-2011 12:30 PM

Awesome mtn biking today. That is all.

jimhelm 08-21-2011 03:05 PM

Rented a Harley. Rode to the beach. Sitting in Whitehouse subs now.

Pico and ME 08-21-2011 04:23 PM

How long a ride was that for you?

monster 08-21-2011 08:22 PM

Soldier Soldier on youtube :)

monster 08-21-2011 08:47 PM

(bye, family, see you in a week or so....)

jimhelm 08-21-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 751782)
How long a ride was that for you?

About an hour each way. Through the rain but sunny down there. I just got home and I am pooped... more on this tomorrow.

monster 08-22-2011 06:45 PM

Beest fixed my cuckoo clock :)

zippyt 08-22-2011 07:51 PM

Hey Now !!!
there is a NSFW thread for stuff like That !! ;)

monster 08-22-2011 08:01 PM

give it time....

monster 08-22-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 751792)
Soldier Soldier on youtube :)

Fuckers. Only Series 1 is on there :(

Sundae 08-23-2011 09:52 AM

Got an opinion in on 5 Live today.

It's a BBC Talk (and sport) radio station which we listen to all day every day here.
Well - I get bored when the sport is on, but I do sometimes listen to it in the evenings because it's a good indicator that I'm in the toilet or bathroom, but I'm mostly intersted in the talk side of things.

This is not Shock Jock radio - people with strong opinions get through, but not absolute fruitloops. All calls are screened and people with a coherent argument get to say their piece. I texted rather than called, and was amazed to hear my text read out. 5 Live has a huge listenership, but rarely covers things I can contribute to - although often I am interested in.

Julia Donaldson (author of The Gruffalo et al) was on - she's the Children's Laureate at present. Now I know how popular The Gruffalo is, and didn't think I had a chance, but sent in an anon text to say how much Tiger (description not name) adores the book and could not only recite it, but would copy the pictures, despite being unable to draw from imagination. And how proud that made him. She said that kind of feedback made her so proud.

11p very well spent.

monster 08-23-2011 11:40 AM

The pump to fix the pool is HHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!! woot woot woot