The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

TheMercenary 09-14-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 756300)
Pleased it wasn't a total loss for you Merc.
A costly lesson :( but once bitten...

True dat. I am way to trusting to people in person...

Sundae 09-15-2011 02:16 PM

The world sometimes feels like a shitty place.
And sometimes you feel like you've failed at some hidden test and are being punished for it.

Then you get a telephone call and you remember that "World is crazier and more of it than we think". And that Brianna is a Grade A tourmaline :)

infinite monkey 09-16-2011 03:49 PM

It's friday

footfootfoot 09-16-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 756733)
It's friday

Is it, though?

Clodfobble 09-16-2011 09:27 PM

Coming out of the grocery store this afternoon, it started raining--the first time we've seen rain in months. And all the people in the parking lot began spontaneously cheering and high-fiving each other. It was both beautiful and surreal.

ZenGum 09-17-2011 05:22 AM

Oooooh yeah. Love that moment.

DanaC 09-17-2011 05:38 AM

I honestly cannot imagine being so grateful for the rain. Even our 'droughts' just mean it hasn't rained enough to keep the reservoirs full.

Sundae 09-17-2011 06:11 AM

I only like the rain when it cools things down.
And for the smell of the pavements.

I am always so much more grateful for the snow.

DanaC 09-17-2011 06:14 AM

I used to love snow. I still get that fluttery feeling when it first starts falling. But having a dog has proper put me off :p

footfootfoot 09-17-2011 07:19 AM

How many times have you woken up, prayed for the rain?

plthijinx 09-17-2011 05:34 PM

it rained today and my roommate came home from the hospital. haven't been around much due to working but here's a run down. prostate cancer removal. yep. they removed his prostate. i'm happy the surgery went well, i'm happy he's home, yeah i'm happy for the rain too BUT i'm not happy about emptying pee bags! :eek:

now he's on a restricted diet at the moment. applesauce, ice cream, etc... fixing to go to the store for said items.... would it be wrong to cook up a ribeye and eat it in front of him?? i'm so evil sometimes it's fun!

Trilby 09-17-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 756849)
now he's on a restricted diet at the moment. applesauce, ice cream, etc... fixing to go to the store for said items.... would it be wrong to cook up a ribeye and eat it in front of him?? i'm so evil sometimes it's fun!

not if he takes a coupla percocets first.

Lola Bunny 09-17-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 756849)
it rained today and my roommate came home from the hospital. haven't been around much due to working but here's a run down. prostate cancer removal. yep. they removed his prostate. i'm happy the surgery went well, i'm happy he's home, yeah i'm happy for the rain too BUT i'm not happy about emptying pee bags! :eek:

Is he more cranky than before? Is he in more pain? You think he'll mind if I call to ask how he's doing?

plthijinx 09-17-2011 07:15 PM

lol bri, i actually just bought a sandwich.

lola he's in too much pain to be cranky! :D but i'm wishing monday were here already! give him a day or two before calling. he's still short winded but i will tell him that you asked how he's doing.

Griff 09-18-2011 07:11 AM

Good on you for taking care of him plthijinx.

Lil Pete and I went to Rochester yesterday to represent our club at a fencing tournament yesterday. That meant 3 hours each way driving. Which meant some conversation with my teenage daughter. She talked and listened on religion, politics, and history maybe this school of hers is worth the money. Her ideas are becoming much clearer. She has also found her happy place at school. AP Euro is a small class taught by an intellectual to the sharpest kids. She walked in late this week to be questioned by her teacher, "Do you know who Eddie Izard is?" "You mean the cross-dressing comedian?" Followed by peals of laughter since she had essentially quoted her instructor's introduction.

Oh we kicked ass btw. She got 4th in sabre, I got 4th in epee, and we both fenced foil ending up in a father / daughter final that didn't go my way at all. I'm claiming leg cramps though.