The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cellar Valentine's Day 2009! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19507)

xoxoxoBruce 02-17-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 535693)
Why in hell do you women fall in love with these assholes? Are their cocks *really* that awesome?

I'm just sayin'...

It's the challenge of winning him over, knowing her love will make him want to change his ways. Then she thinks she's won when she's actually lost, and is shocked that he's still an asshole.

The bride is thinking he'll change.
The groom is thinking she'll never change.
They're both wrong.

Tree Fae 02-17-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 534245)
:)

This one said it all for me. In my life getting to Valentines cards was quite the chore.. okay only one of them was. All the cards say your the love of my life, I am only yours, for ever and ever.... soorrry that won't work... finally found one for Paul that was loving and sincere but didnt have me handing him my entire being. I am trying to get him over that concept. Not easy.

Trilby 02-18-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Why in hell do you women fall in love with these assholes? Are their cocks *really* that awesome?

No, they are not. It's complete insanity. It's painful, so it feels right.

Shawnee123 02-18-2009 07:59 AM

I've left the door open for that decent guy. He was down the street with the vapid, non-thinking, boring woman. It's easier to never think.

It goes both ways.

Shawnee123 02-20-2009 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, it's not VD anymore, but I just found this. Luvz to all you nice dwellarz:

capnhowdy 02-20-2009 04:29 PM

What about the rest of us?

Cicero 02-20-2009 04:31 PM

Piker.

Tulip 02-22-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

I'm just sayin'...

Cuz we didn't know they're assholes til it was too late. :mad: But then again, a friend accused me of having a thing for the ass. :rolleyes: hehehe....I joke...I joke. :D

Aliantha 02-22-2009 09:24 PM

No one really goes into a relationship thinking the other person is an arsehole do they, and no one seriously thinks the other person is going to change do they?

xoxoxoBruce 02-22-2009 09:31 PM

You should know the other person is going to change, everyone does.
The trick is figuring out how they will change.
There are usually clues that become clear in retrospect, but at the time looking for them is difficult when you're walking on air.

Aliantha 02-22-2009 09:38 PM

Through the course of my relationship, Dazza and I have both changed our habits somewhat, but I don't think either of us has changed essentially from the people we were before we met.

The reason we've changed some of our habits is in order to compromise in the relationship. I think the reason some people have difficulties is because only one party in the relationship is willing to compromise on things that might once have been important. I guess it comes down to both parties weighing up what's more important. Their habits or their relationship.

TheMercenary 02-22-2009 10:59 PM

Most failed relationships revolve around the inability to adjust around each others changes, some for the good, some for the bad.

Trilby 02-22-2009 11:05 PM

I felt like I was the one doing all the changing - no more Skippy (he was a Jiff man) no more folding towels over and over with three flaps (we was an Army man) no more putting the TP on the roll all willy-nilly (he was a flap-out man)....I was exhausted from all the change!

TheMercenary 02-22-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 537736)
You should know the other person is going to change, everyone does.

Well stated.

capnhowdy 02-23-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 537757)
I felt like I was the one doing all the changing - no more Skippy (he was a Jiff man) no more folding towels over and over with three flaps (we was an Army man) no more putting the TP on the roll all willy-nilly (he was a flap-out man)....I was exhausted from all the change!

Had he been a Peter Pan man... now that would have been a real 'red flag'.;)