The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nobody's Talkin' At Me... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9407)

footfootfoot 10-25-2005 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
I think footfootfoot is mad at me because I like dogs better than sharks. And, I like to flirt. It's one of the good, sober things about being alive, right? Is that so wrong? :)

The only thing wrong is that you think I am mad at you. Never. I am a big fan. I just gave up flirting a while back. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksteady
Many folks chalk up their brief legal problems to being young, poor, and reckless. Unfortunately, I have to chalk it up to being old, rich, and reckless. I did 20 days in county jail at 49 years old and 7 figure assets because I did a DUI accident. As I explained elsewhere at this forum, now I always take public transit to games or whatever and never drink and drive at all. If I hurt anyone that would be with me forever, but the jail time is over. An $80 cab ride no longer seems expensive to me. I tell people this so that they will consider separating driving from drinking too.

Oh yeah. I don't go anywhere near the vehicle if I have touched a drop. I'd pay more than $80 to stay out of jail.

So then the other millionaire in jail in 2004 would be gwennie!?

If I'm right, do I win a prize?

glatt 10-25-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot
So then the other millionaire in jail in 2004 would be gwennie!?

Clever! Sounds like you win.

xoxoxoBruce 10-25-2005 10:56 AM

Gwennie and who? Martha? :neutral:

Rock Steady 10-25-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Gwennie and who? Martha? :neutral:

Yes, RockSteady/Gwennie! and Martha Stewart.

xoxoxoxoxox to you

The guys in jail told me I needed a street name, and they liked Rock Steady. I didn't tell them anything about Gwennie!

bluecuracao 10-25-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
That's all nice, but how do you feel about blue curacao?

Consume at your own risk. :sick:

Trilby 10-25-2005 05:57 PM

I recall blue curacao as being an ingredient in Jimmy Buffets Best Margarita. :drunk:

And, RS, I have always appreciated your sage advice about jail AND sobriety!

Nope, wrong again. It's Orange curacao that's in the Margarita...dang.

BigV 10-25-2005 06:06 PM

blue curacao pineapple juice rum coconut milk = blue hawaiian (from foggy memory)

Also makes fine blue margas.

bluecuracao 10-25-2005 06:15 PM

On my first date with my fiance, we had margarita shooters made with blue curacao (George the bartender's idea). After we did the shots, we took turns licking the salt off of each other's noses. Yeah, we had a lot of them!

Griff 10-25-2005 07:39 PM

Noses?

wolf 10-26-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
Nope, wrong again. It's Orange curacao that's in the Margarita...dang.

Blue Curacao is orange flavored.

And it looks way more cool than the other kinds.

mrnoodle 10-26-2005 10:06 AM

I'm so happy to be driving right now that I'm finding it extremely easy to stay away from adult beverages when I am going to be behind the wheel. Not sure why it was so hard before.

I went to a friend's house (our drummer, actually) last weekend and decided to tie one on. We had fun playing Trivial Pursuit for shots -- their 3-year old was utterly disgusted with us, though. I ended up being worried at the end of it, though. A full bottle of Jose Cuervo and a bunch of microbrews split among the 3 of us, they were both sick as dogs. I didn't even get (much of) a hangover. And I drank more.

If I had been drinking alot lately, I could see why my resistance was so high...but I've had maybe 6 beers since July. Alcohol is a strange thing, perhaps best left alone...

Rock Steady 10-26-2005 03:00 PM

...cunning, powerful, baffling,...

Train, Taxi, Subway, Light Rail, Bus, Gondola, Ricksaw, Ferry, Hot Air Balloon, whatever it takes.

darclauz 10-26-2005 03:14 PM

I endorse

Romolo's Chocolate
Staying away from this guy
Staying sober behind the wheel

Crimson Ghost 10-26-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
Actually, it's "3 Loose Screws."

I had no idea that Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and Tara Reid had a vineyard...

Learn something new every day....

bluecuracao 10-27-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
Noses?

We were lucky to find each other. :alien: :gray: