The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Split from Cloud's Kids&Internet Thread (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13938)

TheMercenary 04-20-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie (Post 336060)
I want my kids to learn how to make decisions. That's going to involve them making lots of mistakes. Hopefully, when Daddy is no longer around, they will remember what they have learned.

Good luck, it gets much harder as they get older. Life will change significantly when she hit puberty.

My girls were easy to parent as young children, when the hit that time, look out!:D

Ibby 04-20-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 336066)
KMA, you are obviously not a parent.

And yet even though youre being nothing but a flaming, trolling asshole, and we could possibly say the same of you, we're trying to HELP you.

What does that say about our relative maturity?

TheMercenary 04-20-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 336071)
And yet even though youre being nothing but a flaming, trolling asshole, and we could possibly say the same of you, we're trying to HELP you.

What does that say about our relative maturity?

Your opinion???

flaming??? Trolling??? Asshole????

A teen trying to tell a parent how to parent???!??! now there is a novel thought! HA! :D

Not.:blush:

Beestie 04-20-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 336069)
Good luck, it gets much harder as they get older. Life will change significantly when she hit puberty.

My girls were easy to parent as young children, when the hit that time, look out!:D

Every day I look at my daughter and I think - she's so full of love for her Mommy and Daddy and so precious. Then I do the math. Let's see 13 - 6 = 7; 7 * 12 = 84... OK, I have 84 months until [SpikeLee] she hate me. She wants me dead[/Spike].

Its like death and taxes. Its coming. I know its coming. I know exactly what it is and exactly what to expect. But am I ready? Hell no.

TheMercenary 04-21-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie (Post 336076)
Every day I look at my daughter and I think - she's so full of love for her Mommy and Daddy and so precious. Then I do the math. Let's see 13 - 6 = 7; 7 * 12 = 84... OK, I have 84 months until [SpikeLee] she hate me. She wants me dead[/Spike].

Its like death and taxes. Its coming. I know its coming. I know exactly what it is and exactly what to expect. But am I ready? Hell no.

There is no way to get ready. Just doo the best you can. All of them are different. I have 2 girls, they are 180 degrees from each other. Thankfully, both very sucessful.

SadistSecret 04-21-2007 12:04 AM

You don't have to be a parent to know how to raise children.

My mother isn't the greatest at raising children. I should know, as I've had to raise my brother myself. I've been cooking since I was 10, and pretty much running the house since I was 14. Don't tell me you need to have children of your own to know what's best. My parents really never did anything, they let me surf the net by myself without keyloggers and spyware (even though I know more about computers than the both of them do), but I turned out just fine.

Don't burn the kid just because you're older. Age means nothing.

TheMercenary 04-21-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadistSecret (Post 336082)
You don't have to be a parent to know how to raise children.

My mother isn't the greatest at raising children. I should know, as I've had to raise my brother myself. I've been cooking since I was 10, and pretty much running the house since I was 14. Don't tell me you need to have children of your own to know what's best. My parents really never did anything, they let me surf the net by myself without keyloggers and spyware (even though I know more about computers than the both of them do), but I turned out just fine.

Don't burn the kid just because you're older. Age means nothing.

The only thing I can say is you are correct, the bottom line, and you know this is true, you are an acception, not the rule. The majority of famlies in the US have at least one parent who is parenting, not kids stepping up to the plate because their parents could not. None of this is the issue here. The issue is am I a "Mother-Fucking-Asshole" ( quote by Ibram) because I choose to monitor what goes on in my house on my computers by my kids???

rkzenrage 04-21-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 336075)
Your opinion???

flaming??? Trolling??? Asshole????

A teen trying to tell a parent how to parent???!??! now there is a novel thought! HA! :D

Not.:blush:

The homophobic rants fit both troll and flame definitions.

monster 04-21-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 336069)

This is not a good ad for your parenting skills. You might want to give it (this argument) up now. A good parent makes these transitions easy for their child. A not-so-good parent is surprised by them and sees them as a huge step. A good parent watches the transition in their child's older friends and the older children of their friends. Then it is not seen as a sudden change.

Oh wait, I'm probably young enough to be your daughter, so wtf would I know? :rolleyes:

TheMercenary 04-21-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 336089)
This is not a good ad for your parenting skills. You might want to give it (this argument) up now. A good parent makes these transitions easy for their child. A not-so-good parent is surprised by them and sees them as a huge step. A good parent watches the transition in their child's older friends and the older children of their friends. Then it is not seen as a sudden change.

Oh wait, I'm probably young enough to be your daughter, so wtf would I know? :rolleyes:

You will get yours....

My daughters are long past that transition thankyouverymuch....:)

But hey, thanks for telling me how to parent my kids, I hope you take your own advice. It is not as easy as you make it out to be, but have at it...:3eye:

monster 04-21-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 336099)
You will get yours....

My daughters are long past that transition thankyouverymuch....:)

But hey, thanks for telling me how to parent my kids, I hope you take your own advice. It is not as easy as you make it out to be, but have at it...:3eye:

I consider myself warned.

Bullitt 04-21-2007 01:51 AM

(puts feet up) :corn:

Aliantha 04-21-2007 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 336085)
The issue is am I a "Mother-Fucking-Asshole" ( quote by Ibram) because I choose to monitor what goes on in my house on my computers by my kids???

Get over it. Ever heard the saying about sticks and stones? Christ, if you make an issue about shit like this, is it any wonder people question your parenting skills?

Adam Clarke 04-21-2007 03:30 AM

Merc, you never did answer the question about how you can deal with your kids when you snap and go all off the handle at Ibram, someone you never met, and only know on a meesage board.

BTW, calling his parents idiots for trusting him, calling him a "bi confused fag", and refusing to address his statements, and only insult him with homophobic comments? Not your best hour.

And Ibram, you were out of line calling Merc a "Mother fucking asshole". How he raises his kids is his business, not yours. Until you have kids of your own, you don't know what all goes into it.

My kids (2 girls, 7 and 9) were always fine on the internet. I always told them that they had to be careful, just like they knew not to give out information on the phone. Of course, I had the advantage of keeping the computer in the living room, where the wife and I could keep an eye on them.

Sheldonrs 04-21-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt (Post 336118)
(puts feet up) :corn:

Amen. :dedhorse: