The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What Did You Dream About? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18515)

DanaC 09-14-2013 07:11 AM

Zombies mainly. Yeah, pretty much all about the zombies.

Griff 09-14-2013 07:46 AM

Seriously? Zombies never hooked my subconscious mind. They just don't resonate with me. I see them as an effective metaphor but they don't have any "teeth". Did/do people dream about vampires? On the rare occasion I remember, I tend toward disorganization/ unfinished tasks in dreams. Prolly because I'm disorganized and have a lot of unfinished tasks.

lumberjim 09-14-2013 08:38 AM

I dreamed I was getting a pearl white 370z. It had been my demo, but I was buying it. I even had a buyers order all done up. But then my Chinese mother nixed the deal and took my guitar too!

Dammed Chinese mother.

DanaC 09-14-2013 10:18 AM

Zombies are just the shuffling threat against which the desperate mission to secure all windows and doors, or find Carrot is played out...

glatt 09-16-2013 08:16 AM

I've only dreamed of zombies once in my life, and it was the night after I had watched World War Z. They were trying to get into our house and I had to stop them.

Chocolatl 09-16-2013 09:15 AM

Last night I dreamt I was riding my daughter's tricycle down the interstate. I fit in it, somehow, and was peddling for all I was worth to stay with traffic. I was taking it in for maintenance, but when I got to the shop they were looking at me like I was a lunatic. I insisted it had gone 100 miles and needed an oil change, and the guys were just staring at me. In the dream, I was angry they weren't taking me seriously, but I also had some level of consciousness that was cracking up at how ridiculous it all was.

Clodfobble 01-17-2015 07:44 AM

You guys ever have dreams where there are clues or other callbacks to earlier in the dream, that you as the dreamer didn't know were going to be clues until it was revealed? I mean, it's my fucking brain making up this story, how could I not know that the rust spots (or whatever) were going to be important? Or maybe I only decided to make them important after the fact, okay, revisionist storyline--but still, how could I have truly forgotten that they were there, but then reminded myself? This happens to me all the time, and it bugs me to think that one part of my brain doesn't know what the other part is doing. Makes me think that a lot of dreaming is a simultaneous jumble, and only seems like a linear story to us after we wake up.

Last night there wasn't one reveal, but three, built up in a Sherlock-style explanation that truly seemed to have been planned with great complexity from the beginning of the dream. But then my son interrupted the proceedings because a local drug dealer had given him something to take, and I had to go help him vomit while Mr. Clod beat the ever loving shit out of the guy.

xoxoxoBruce 01-17-2015 08:32 AM

The script writers are busy working in the back room of your brain, but their output is an undecipherable jumble. You can only understand what they put together when it coalesces on the teleprompter. :corn:

Lamplighter 01-17-2015 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 919501)
You guys ever have dreams where there are clues or other callbacks to earlier in the dream,
that you as the dreamer didn't know were going to be clues until it was revealed? <snip>

Since I was a kid , I have left all of my significant dreams to just one fella...

Attachment 50121

Just ask my mom, or later in my life, my wife ,,,when this guy arrives,
it's time to wake me up and have a long talk about what is going on
...at school, with my friends, at work, the kids, my health, or our marriage...
that needs to be fixed.

It's weird how he knows when he is needed.

Griff 01-17-2015 08:37 AM

I wake up knowing that references have been made but so rarely remember dreams that they remain coherent only in the dreamscape.

Griff 01-17-2015 08:38 AM

Clap for the Wolfman
He gonna rate your record high
Clap for the Wolfman
You gonna dig him 'til the day you die

Sundae 01-18-2015 02:46 AM

Last night I dreamed I was awake all night, that someone had been in and started tidying my flat for me, that I was waking up to find myself wetting the bed and twice I woke up to find it was gone 13.00 and I had missed my transport, breakfast and lunch.

I'd call that a jumble reflecting my state of mind and current concerns.

Carruthers 01-18-2015 04:21 AM

On the rare occasions I'm actually asleep, I seem to spend most of my time dreaming although I rarely remember much of the 'content'.
The exception is the recurring dream where I'm going somewhere but never manage to arrive.
The dreams aren't carbon copies of one another as the journey can take many different forms.
I could be on foot or car and travelling from one town to another or attempting to find my way around an unfamiliar shopping centre.
The long and the short of it is that I never get to my destination. It drives me to distraction.

sexobon 01-18-2015 10:03 AM

Do you know where you're goin' to?
Do you like the things that life is showin' you
Where are you goin' to? Do you know?

Carruthers 01-18-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 919607)
Do you know where you're goin' to?
Do you like the things that life is showin' you
Where are you goin' to? Do you know?

NO!