The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Are you a 'Fringe Dwellar'? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19291)

Griff 01-19-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 524195)
Hot Pastrami was cool, but he left.

We were all cool when Pastrami was here, but now he's gone.

DanaC 01-20-2009 05:44 AM

Hot Pastrami stole all our cool!

actually that's not true. ZenGum's cool. How could he not be with an name like that?

regular.joe 01-20-2009 07:55 AM

We are all Dwellers on the Thresh Hold.

Undertoad 01-20-2009 08:08 AM

That's true, ZenGum is pretty cool. Bullitt is pretty cool too. Just not Hot Pastrami cool.

Pie 01-20-2009 08:10 AM

Yeah.. when is Damn Interesting going to get some new material? I click on it in vain ever few weeks...
Hey, HP, if you don't have new material on your own site, you really should come back to entertain us over here... :D

Shawnee123 01-20-2009 08:18 AM

If you want me
You can find me
Left of center
Off of the strip

In the outskirts
In the fringes
In the corner
Out of the grip

When they ask me
"What are
you looking
at?"
I always answer
"Nothing
much" (not much)
I think they know that
I'm looking at them
I think they think
I must be out of touch

But I'm only
In the outskirts
And in the fringes
On the edge
And off the avenue
And if you want me
You can find me
Left of center
Wondering about you

--Suzanne Vega

Eh, my 3 year old niece told me this weekend (after laughing her head off) "you'we we-awd."

I said "Well duh...if you're not a little weird, you're boring."

And, she gets that! She's hilarious.

Anyway, I am both outside and inside...like most of us I think. I know when you start feeling outside you can let your brain gnaw away at your psyche. It's just the normal flow and ebb of humankind, methinks.

hot_pastrami 01-20-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 524403)
Yeah.. when is Damn Interesting going to get some new material? I click on it in vain ever few weeks...
Hey, HP, if you don't have new material on your own site, you really should come back to entertain us over here... :D

You know that thing where all of your ambition and creativity are gone, and nothing brings you any particular joy, and you have no attention span, and every day feels like an unrewarding string of pointless events? That's what I've had for the past few months. I kinda know why, but the detectable causes seem unequal to the effect. Blah.

I've experienced this kind joy-drought before, but it usually lasts only a few days, and then I snap out of it and get back to writing and drawing and et cetera... but my brain has been a dustbowl since last September or so.

So... how have all of you been? *cough*

lumberjim 01-20-2009 03:42 PM

i feel cooler already

Pie 01-20-2009 03:50 PM

Very sorry to hear it, HP. I thought it was something less... depressed? than that. I really have missed you and your input, whatever the forum.

I apologize if this is nosy (I know it's nosy, who am I kidding?) but have you spoken to a health care professional about the way you are feeling?
:comfort:

hot_pastrami 01-20-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 524598)
I apologize if this is nosy (I know it's nosy, who am I kidding?) but have you spoken to a health care professional about the way you are feeling?
:comfort:

Nah... I'd consider it if I was mystified as to the cause, but in this case I am largely aware of reasons for my lack of happiness. For all practical purposes, I know how to fix it, but it would be a major undertaking. I just haven't yet reached that tipping point where the unpleasantness is sufficient to incite action.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not miserable. I just have a major case of the Blahs. Thanks for the concern though... I can always count on a fellow foodstuff.

How are things with you, Pie?

Pie 01-20-2009 04:12 PM

Busy. We just moved into our new house in Maryland. We're settling into our new jobs. We'll be back up in NJ this Saturday to pack up what's left in our townhouse, then sprint back to MD, hopefully beating the moving truck on the way back.

The cats have settled in well, so at least there's that. :D

Cicero 01-20-2009 06:12 PM

I am not part of any cool crowd...I'm a cool crowd all on my own. ;) lol!!

Can you dig?!?

xoxoxoBruce 01-20-2009 11:27 PM

Build another Camaro, HP.:D

Bullitt 01-20-2009 11:46 PM

I'm kinda fringe, tend to stick to threads that I know something about instead of commenting on subjects that I don't. Hence under 2k posts in over 4 years. I'll take pretty cool :cool:

lumberjim 01-20-2009 11:51 PM

actually, i classify you as one of those people that have a real life and still drop by periodically to update us losers....