The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Strange combinations (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18818)

Urbane Guerrilla 10-09-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 598455)
Yeah, cause that combination is not really strange...is it?

Only if for some reason you don't promptly put the sheets in the laundry afterwards.

Brandy and skin is another one of those nice combinations. Unlike Redi-Wip, though, it calls for a sufficient depth of navel to bring off handily.

Hot cocoa and fellatio needs no explanation. Particularly if it comes as a surprise.

Urbane Guerrilla 10-09-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 508945)
That dont sound to strange , Ill pass on the fish sauce but would try it

Good gravy, don't pass on the fish sauce! You'd lose half the Vietnamese food experience! Go lightly if you must, but that stuff is kickass on a hot day.

Nuoc mam is pretty much Vietnamese table salt.

dar512 12-10-2009 10:07 AM

Breakfast today was peanut butter and jelly -- on asiago focaccia. It was pretty good.

Sundae 12-10-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman (Post 599345)
Peanut butter maybe? Anybody want to try it out and let us know? :nuts:

I can report back that I have tried peanut butter and didn't like it.

Garlic bread, however... [/Peter Kay]

DanaC 12-10-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 616542)
Garlic bread, however... [/Peter Kay]

hey, don't knock it. It's the future.

Urbane Guerrilla 12-11-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 616542)
I can report back that I have tried peanut butter and didn't like it.

Strange... how about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?

Oh, er, peanut butter and lady parts. Right.

Now RPBC's unwrapped, decupped, and distributed on convenient places should be fun. But the both of you should eat them, so one partner isn't getting peanut butter breath being a distraction. Distraction is subtraction, with erections.

Sundae 12-11-2009 05:12 AM

No, I wasn't even referring to peanut-butter-foreplay.

And I can't think of more of a turn-off than peanut-butter-breath actually. BLEURGH!

Although cheese n onion crisp breath is pretty grim too.
But I can't really imagine sex games with crisps. How chavvy would you have to be?
"Go on Chantelle, roll in some bags of crisps and let me eat em off yer. Then I'll lick Stella out yer snatch. I'll lock Brutus out in the garden this time, he can play with the neighbour's toddler."

limey 12-11-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 616664)
No, I wasn't even referring to peanut-butter-foreplay.

And I can't think of more of a turn-off than peanut-butter-breath actually. BLEURGH!

Although cheese n onion crisp breath is pretty grim too.
But I can't really imagine sex games with crisps. How chavvy would you have to be?
"Go on Chantelle, roll in some bags of crisps and let me eat em off yer. Then I'll lick Stella out yer snatch. I'll lock Brutus out in the garden this time, he can play with the neighbour's toddler."

HAGGIS :D

Qice 12-11-2009 12:27 PM

My ex mother-in-law horrifierd me one day when I cam home to find all 4 of my monsters eating peanut butter, mayo and baloney sandwiches... still makes me grimace to think back on it

Urbane Guerrilla 12-12-2009 08:06 PM

The peanut butter is a stretch. Maybe the Qicelets couldn't make up their minds between the two, and XMIL got mischievous?

X-Lydia, the wife, hates mayo with a bitter passion. It's hard to keep any in the house -- but it does work with meat sandwiches.

Urbane Guerrilla 12-12-2009 08:09 PM

Definitely not crisps -- that's just the eat-crackers-in-bed thing writ saltier.

Nutella -- okay, it looks utterly wrong, but if it's a favorite for the both of you... less sticky than the more visually attractive caramel sauce would be.

Qice 12-14-2009 10:43 AM

There's something about peanut butter on meat- I have a gf in WA who puts it on hamburgers and hotdogs in lieu of ketchup and mustard.
I have yet to find the balls to try it.:neutral:
(which is rather odd as I actually craved and ate a bag of marshmallows dipped in clam dip - but I was with child, so not accountable for my actions)

Pie 12-14-2009 02:47 PM

Peanut butter and meat -- add garlic, chili sauce (sriracha), minced onion and coriander* for a quick sate' type sauce. Good on grilled beef or chicken. I like it on a toasted bagel.

(*Or skip all that and just add Penzey's sate seasoning to the pb for best results.)

Trilby 12-14-2009 03:51 PM

meatballs in grape jelly and chili sauce.

good meatballs.

ZenGum 12-14-2009 11:18 PM

I saw Heston's Medieval Feasts on Sunday evening.
They prepare medieval style feast dishes and serve them to a celebrity dinner party.
For starters, they made a bowl of fruit-meat.
Made of meat, but prepared to look exactly like fruit.
I tell you, the sight of Germaine Greer biting into a "plum" that was in fact a bull's testicle was awesome.
:lol2:
And they did the four-and-twenty-blackbirds in a pie. Except they had to use pigeons because blackbirds are a protected species. They made eight small pigeon pies, and served these inside a gigantic pie (about 5 feet across) that had 24 live pigeons in it, which flew out when the lid was removed. :eek: and yes, one did shit one someone's head.