The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Why members Secretly Love Bastard Factory more than cellar (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27725)

glatt 02-10-2014 12:58 PM

I often do nice things for people, but don't often plan it in advance.

I haven't had the opportunity to do anything out of the ordinary nice today, but yesterday I helped an old classmate planning a college reunion by digging through some old photo albums and scanning some pictures to email them. It took about an hour to do that. But I felt it was worth it because they had been asking everyone for pictures for a long time didn't appear to be getting many responses.

Gravdigr 02-10-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayla Faye (Post 892329)
Who do I have to blow around here to get my avatar up??

You can blow me. It won't get you an avatar, but...:cool:

DanaC 02-10-2014 01:07 PM

Oh, yeah, forgot about that: newbs have to blow Grav to get the keys to the treehouse.

lumberjim 02-10-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayla Faye (Post 892328)
I love to give head 2 girls or guis ;)

Im not into girls.

That is all.

I like it when people tell you made up stuff, and I like to eventually find out the truth, but that usually doesn't happen within a single post.

Is there a person on your forum that we could ask to come and get you? you're trying way too hard, and it's embarrassing me.

Gravdigr 02-10-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 892348)
Oh, yeah, forgot about that: newbs have to blow Grav to get the keys to the treehouse.

Oh, no, no...She won't be getting any keys. If she's kind to the nards I'll let her look in, but she ain't getting no keys.

She'd prolly put up a Bastidge Factree poster anyway.

Crimson Ghost 02-14-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloke (Post 892284)
Another forum I post on has a swear filter in place but instead of censoring words, it changes them. It's done so when people register to respond in an argumentative fashion, their posts turn into utter crap. Regulars to the site have a way of working round the filter so their arguments are uncensored, full-on replies. Makes for fun reading!

Fark?

Bloke 02-16-2014 04:00 AM

Barryboys.co.uk the badly modified car piss-take forum.

Gravdigr 02-17-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloke (Post 892793)
Barryboys.co.uk the badly modified car piss-take forum.

Quote:

Readers are warned that this forum may contain bad language and as such may offend people who don't get out much or only eat vegetables.
Sounds promising already.

fargon 02-17-2014 06:14 PM

I have been on Bastard Factory since Friday. And I have had a good time, everybody has welcomed me. Go over there on safari and see what they are all about.

monster 02-17-2014 08:55 PM

I suspect many of us have been there already.

DanaC 02-18-2014 03:27 AM

When I went there it seemed to have a lot of good people. Some twats too, but a lot of good people.

Visually though, I don't like the site style. Too busy.

Sundae 02-18-2014 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 892897)
I have been on Bastard Factory since Friday. And I have had a good time, everybody has welcomed me. Go over there on safari and see what they are all about.

I am very surprised given what you have posted here. I'm not about to dis another forum - people stay with forums that meet their requirements. Bastard Factory is not for me but no-one is forcing me to go there.

But having only recently read your religious objections to the Cellar, and your revulsion at a scene on a TV programme, which I understood was too graphic (I may be wrong at the reason for your objection) I can't square that with you even being able to stomach the avatars, let alone some of the content.

I'm not asking for an explanation, your business is your business.
But if you could elucidate it would help a confused person understand you a little more.

fargon 02-18-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 892908)

I'm not asking for an explanation, your business is your business.
But if you could elucidate it would help a confused person understand you a little more.

I am trying to become more accepting of pop culture. And trying to reconcile my Christian beliefs with modern reality's.
And besides all that I'm nucking futs.

Sundae 02-18-2014 10:21 AM

Fair enough.

The avatar of the woman removing her own head was enough to remove me. Although I did stick around to read more. I saw more avatars and more usernames I had a knee jerk reaction to, ditto posts and attitudes.

There was obviously enough there to capture the interest of other people I respect, and it's possible they're not as nesh as I am, or simply looked harder.

If anyone form Bastard Factory reads this, please don't think it's an attack.
Just a question about the tastes of a Dwellar.
I'm still not sure I get you, Fargon. But I will have to deal with that.

Griff 02-18-2014 08:39 PM

I find fargon to be a fascinating dude. We all have consistency issues in our personalities. Some of us can see it and cope some of us don't see it at all. Fargon, I think, sees himself clearly and seems to be capable of holding it together.