The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you a tad apprehensive today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23666)

footfootfoot 12-02-2010 09:44 PM

CJD? Do you regret what you did?

monster 12-02-2010 10:16 PM

I eated nuffink milord. Guilty only by association......

glatt 12-03-2010 08:34 AM

It's crazy. They wouldn't take my blood for a couple of years because I had been in Germany for a year and a half. But then they changed the rules, and they will take it again. I've given around 20 units over the years. I wonder what's been done with that blood.

Lamplighter 12-03-2010 03:16 PM

NY and AZ seem to be going in opposite directions.

I suspect this will be reversed, but still, it's Arizona...

NY Times
By MARC LACEY
Published: December 2, 2010
Arizona Cuts Financing for Transplant Patients

Quote:

PHOENIX — Even physicians with decades of experience telling patients that their lives
are nearing an end are having difficulty discussing a potentially fatal condition that has arisen in Arizona:
Death by budget cut

Effective at the beginning of October, Arizona stopped financing certain transplant operations
under the state’s version of Medicaid.
Many doctors say the decision amounts to a death sentence for some low-income patients,
who have little chance of survival without transplants and lack the
hundreds of thousands of dollars needed to pay for them.
Quote:

The issue has led to a fierce political battle, with Democrats condemning the reductions
as “Brewercare,” after Gov. Jan Brewer.
“We made it very clear at the time of the vote that this was a death sentence,”
said State Senator Leah Landrum Taylor, a Democrat. “This is not a luxury item.
We’re not talking about cosmetic surgery.”

The Republican governor has in turn blamed “Obamacare,” meaning the federal health care overhaul,
for the transplant cuts even though the Arizona vote came in March,
before President Obama signed that bill into law.

Clodfobble 12-04-2010 04:00 PM

Mr. Clod's company is having a health insurance meeting next week. It seems likely they're going to announce they're changing to a new policy for next year, which would almost certainly be very bad for us. He has indirectly discussed it with his boss, and we're hoping that his upcoming raise will be tailored to offset the loss. But we'd better hurry up and get those blood tests done before the end of the year just in case.

kerosene 12-04-2010 08:04 PM

Husband made a white cake and it didn't get cooked all the way...the chocolate frosting on top is irresistible, so I am worried I might dip my finger down to the uncooked cake part and get whatever it is you get from uncooked eggs.

footfootfoot 12-04-2010 08:37 PM

If you are afraid of uncooked eggs then the terrorists have won.

We've been eating cake batter for centuries have we rarely die from it. Count how many folks you know who got sick form eating raw cake batter, then multiply that number by the number of people you know who have had fingers, toes, or weenies bitten off by snapping turtles while swimming. Now add three to that number.

I bet the answer is 3.

People get sick from not cleaning shit and then letting is sit on counters for days.

Heartburn is what you get from uncooked cake.

Pico and ME 12-04-2010 10:12 PM

Or the tollhouse cookie dough before the flour is added...I love that stuff.

kerosene 12-05-2010 09:10 AM

foots, I have gotten sick from eating raw cookie dough. But I am just a tad apprehensive about the cake. Especially now that it has been out overnight.

busterb 12-05-2010 10:13 AM

Years ago, my sis and fought over who got to lick the bowl, spoon, beaters.

footfootfoot 12-05-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerosene (Post 698479)
foots, I have gotten sick from eating raw cookie dough. But I am just a tad apprehensive about the cake. Especially now that it has been out overnight.

That is a horse of a different color, life begins at 40, they say. 40 degrees.

Pico and ME 12-06-2010 02:13 PM

Having to call my health insurance company AND the doctors office to figure out why an appointment for a Pap Smear is costing me $150.

Spexxvet 12-06-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 698101)
... I wonder what's been done with that blood.

They gave it to Germans.;)

monster 12-08-2010 08:55 PM

Today, I'm a tad apprehensive because Thor's hockey team has been offeed the chance to play at the Joe Lewis Arena (home of the Redwings) before the Wings' game on Monday (and an intermission shootout) Not a chance to pass up, but
(a) not a good time for extra cost -tickets are cheap by Wings' standards, but our budget is tight
and more apprehensively: (b) I don't know Detroit, the whole idea of it scares me, driving the kids downtown, finding where to park, finding the arena, not geting mugged.....
(c) being forced to decide tonight. I can cope with the things that scare me if I have time to formulate a plan, prepare, etc but we were offered this on "stand-by". Of course there's no eal decision to make, he's going to play, but we still have to decide how many of us are going with him

...oh, and, of course, it's ion the night of the swim team banquet, the one where he'll get his medal for not only his first ever top 8 place at championships, but 2nd in the Fly. He might even get his first ever MVP or most improved trophy..... but looks like Hebe will be accepting them on his behalf -he wants to go to the Joe. Who wouldn't? (?me)

HungLikeJesus 12-08-2010 09:27 PM

Come on, monster, if you're going to Detroit, getting mugged is half of the experience.