The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

lumberjim 10-22-2007 07:36 PM

That blows. chunks.

edit: oh, you dick....i thought you lost your JOB.

Aliantha 10-22-2007 07:38 PM

Sorry you lost your job V. That really sucks. I"m pretty sure you'll pick something else up pretty quickly if you set your mind to it though.

BigV 10-22-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 398312)
That blows. chunks.

edit: oh, you dick....i thought you lost your JOB.

Sorry, didn't mean to misrepresent my situation. I clarified asap.

Aliantha 10-22-2007 07:48 PM

I'll tell you what's making me unhappy today.

We got a new kitten yesterday and it came complete with fleas. Nasty little suckers they are. I've treated her, but I'm going to have to do the other cats too I think. They've jumped off her and onto everyone else.

lookout123 10-22-2007 08:37 PM

damn, sorry V.

ZenGum 10-23-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 398321)
I'll tell you what's making me unhappy today.

We got a new kitten yesterday and it came complete with fleas. Nasty little suckers they are. I've treated her, but I'm going to have to do the other cats too I think. They've jumped off her and onto everyone else.

Maybe you know already, but here is an effective way to remove fleas from carpet:
Take a wide, flat plate and place it in the center of the room. Put a broad (so it can't fall over) candle in the middle of the plate. Put about 1 centimeter of water in the plate, with detergent to break the surface tension. At night time, light the candle and leave the room. Repeat each night until no more fleas are caught.
The fleas will be attracted to the warmth and hop towards it, thus landing in the plate and drowning. It works, I have done this. It is chemical free but be sure to set it up carefully so it isn't a fire hazard.

DanaC 10-23-2007 05:32 AM

I feel constantly sick to my stomach. Two weeks atleast now of this constant sickly feeling of tension. Didn't get to sleep til gone 5am, woke up at 7am felt shit decided not to go into today's lecture on the anglo-norman state. Also cancelled my dentists appointment.

Big meeting tomorrow. I have the next few hours to decide whether or not i'm going to set off a bomb in my branch (metaphorically speaking of course :P). Trouble with setting off bombs, is it's impossible to know the extent of the damage...or the direction of the flak.

I'm probably gonna go for it. I am more nervous than I have ever been about anything else my whole life.

DucksNuts 10-23-2007 05:56 AM

Sorry V, hope the pavement beating works out.

DanaC 10-23-2007 06:00 AM

Yeah BigV. So, I'm confused, is it your second job you lost? As opposed to your main job?

Either way it sucks. Getting the sack is never fun. I know it from bitter experience. Even worse if you know it's your own fault :( Hope you feel better about things soon. From some of the stuff you've been posting, it's clear you've been having a seriously tough time just lately. Just remember your Cellar mates are always here.

DanaC 10-23-2007 06:01 AM

Hey Ali, I know it's not pc to reach for the chemicals...but I always find Fleabombs are very effective. Cheap and fast.

ZenGum 10-23-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 398456)
Hey Ali, I know it's not pc to reach for the chemicals...but I always find Fleabombs are very effective. Cheap and fast.

Candles OR fleabombs ... but for &%$#'s sake not both.... kaboooooooom. No more fleas...

LabRat 10-23-2007 09:15 AM

OMG I was just reading this thread and a big ass ROACH crawled across my keyboard. Fuck. Now I'm all creeped out. They are bad here in the building, but JHC.

**pausing**

Sorry to hear about the job, V. Dana, take it easy or your gonna end up with more than just and aggrivated case of eczema!

jester 10-23-2007 11:52 AM

Not sure if this is "upsetting" or making me "happy". The Japanese restaurant that we ate at a couple of weeks ago - was closed yesterday. Evidently for a few days. Looks like they are fumigating/painting and looking for a new cook. The thing is, the day we ate there, seemed to be ok. Except for the fact that we were sitting there, had just received our food and started eating. I happened to look over to my right, beside my plate and noticed a ROACH crawling on the table:eek: Slammed my napkin down on top of it and just sat there for a sec. Yeah, wasn't that hungry. Wondering if I'm not the only one who had an extra guest.

Sundae 10-23-2007 11:57 AM

Good luck V - you didn't need that on top of everything else. Hope something comes up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 398444)
Big meeting tomorrow. I have the next few hours to decide whether or not i'm going to set off a bomb in my branch (metaphorically speaking of course :P).

I'm probably gonna go for it. I am more nervous than I have ever been about anything else my whole life.

Go for it Dan - you have the guts for it and it's better to stop him now - he's already hurt enough women and damaged the Party. I will admit I wouldn't do t myself, I'm too much of a coward, but I have faith in you.

ZenGum 10-23-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester (Post 398566)
Not sure if this is "upsetting" or making me "happy". The Japanese restaurant that we ate at a couple of weeks ago - was closed yesterday. Evidently for a few days. Looks like they are fumigating/painting and looking for a new cook. The thing is, the day we ate there, seemed to be ok. Except for the fact that we were sitting there, had just received our food and started eating. I happened to look over to my right, beside my plate and noticed a ROACH crawling on the table:eek: Slammed my napkin down on top of it and just sat there for a sec. Yeah, wasn't that hungry. Wondering if I'm not the only one who had an extra guest.

You ignorant philistine! That was your dessert! And furthermore, it is a sign that the chef honours you and respects your footwear. Have you no idea about sashimi at all??? :p