The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Blueflare 04-02-2012 12:38 PM

Being stuck living with a parent in my awful hometown. This place is sapping my life force.

Trilby 04-02-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflare (Post 804932)
Being stuck living with a parent in my awful hometown. This place is sapping my life force.

Is it the weather or the parent or a combination of the two?

Blueflare 04-02-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 804935)
Is it the weather or the parent or a combination of the two?

Neither.
...Not really sure what the weather has to do with anything?
I like my dad, but he's 61 and living with him is kind of making me be 61 as well.
And this town is just awful. There are no jobs here, and hopeless public transport makes it almost impossible to leave. My specific part of the town is the worst. I live in a suburb where there is nothing but houses for literally a mile in every direction. I also have an ongoing foot issue which prevent me from walking a long distance.
I effectively have no freedom and there is nothing in my life whatsoever apart from what I can do in my room; ie. internet, reading, vainly applying for jobs and funding for postgraduate study.
I feel like I'm trapped here wasting my life and I don't know how I'm going to get out.

Clodfobble 04-02-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflare
I live in a suburb where there is nothing but houses for literally a mile in every direction.

:lol: Nothing but houses for a whole mile?

Not to make light of your situation Blueflare, I know it must be very hard living without transportation. I would never be able to do it. Because suburbs are, like, the only thing most middle-class Americans even know--and they're frequently a lot bigger than a 2-mile diameter.

Blueflare 04-03-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 804942)
:lol: Nothing but houses for a whole mile?

Not to make light of your situation Blueflare, I know it must be very hard living without transportation. I would never be able to do it. Because suburbs are, like, the only thing most middle-class Americans even know--and they're frequently a lot bigger than a 2-mile diameter.

True, but cars are more affordable. Suburbs are really designed exclusively for people who have cars. If you don't, it's like a prison. :/

monster 04-03-2012 05:12 PM

They're not really more affordable, they're just a higher priority.

monster 04-03-2012 05:23 PM

I can't eee. i lost one set of newish lenses in the pool, the chlorine has totally fucked up my eyes after 5 solid hours in the pool, My eyes are too sore to put lenses in, i can't find glasses vaguely near the right prescription and my skin is burning. they need to fix the chemical levels in that pool...... :(

pls forgive typing more than usual, had to take lenses out.

oh and I have reading homework to do

Aliantha 04-03-2012 05:38 PM

Have you thought about getting prescription goggles?

SteveDallas 04-03-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 805139)
Have you thought about getting prescription goggles?

FTFY

Aliantha 04-03-2012 05:57 PM

:lol2:

monster 04-03-2012 06:01 PM

You can't wear goggles for lifeguard training, that's the problem.

monster 04-03-2012 06:04 PM

I can see OK without the lenses -certainly well enough to rescue people, not well enough to drive, but they do help protect my eyes from the chlorine. No more, though. I lost one the first time I truly opened my eyes underwater and the second the second. astigmatism lenses are not cheap.

monster 04-03-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 805141)
FTFY

you have no idea how much that is helping me tonight :lol: I have all my windows cranked up to granny-vision level. i just wish my eyes would calm down so i can put my lenses back in

Big Sarge 04-03-2012 07:29 PM

I think a hawk killed the ducks we rescued. I shoud have had a cover over them.

monster 04-03-2012 08:21 PM

:cry: poor duckies