The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Griff 08-11-2012 09:03 AM

I hate losing a dog. They connect with us so honestly. sorry

Sundae 08-11-2012 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear that Dani. Glad he's out of pain and distress.
My love to your Mum in such an awful time.

DanaC 08-11-2012 09:09 AM

Thanks Griff.

Undertoad 08-11-2012 09:17 AM

Sorry to hear of this Dani.

DanaC 08-11-2012 09:30 AM

Thanks guys. Means a lot.

Nearly broke down on the field earlier. Before the vet had been down to Mum's but we knew it was the end. Was walking carrot, and that's one of the places we used to meet up with Mum and Dan. Poor lad has no idea he isn't going to see him again. His bestest BigDog. He loves him so much. the idea that we won't ever meet up with Dan like that again hurts.

Trilby 08-11-2012 09:55 AM

I'm so sorry Dana.

zippyt 08-11-2012 10:37 AM

Sorry to hear this Dani

so will mum be getting a New youngling ???

DanaC 08-11-2012 10:54 AM

*shakes head* I don't think so. She's said for some time now that Dan would be her last dog. For all sorts of reasons really. She's in her late 60s and has concerns about taking on a pup who'd be with her into her 80s. She did at one point consider maybe taking on an older dog, but that means taking on all the endgame stuff without having the years leading up:P

Most of all I think she's just weary of the heartache that comes at the end. She's been through it now many times, and I think she's just not up for having her heart ripped out all over again.

Plus, she's always had dogs. Dogs or kids or both. Barring a few months, she's had that all her adult life, and they are tying. I think she wants to see what life is like without that.

Whatever she decides, she also has a stake in Carrotchops. She can be a part time gran instead of a full time mummy :p

I dunno though for sure. She's said this before on previous occasions, but that was after losing dogs in shocking ways. This time, I feel she may be decided.

Nirvana 08-11-2012 11:23 AM

I am so sorry Dani :( Its so sad to lose a fur guy :(

Pico and ME 08-11-2012 12:00 PM

Aw, thats really hard. So sorry for your Mom.

Aliantha 08-11-2012 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and in other doggy news, our Sally went missing yesterday. We're hoping someone has found her and is keeping her, so we're going to put some signs up shortly.

Attachment 40035

orthodoc 08-11-2012 06:32 PM

So, so sorry to hear this, Dana ... so hard, on so many levels, to lose a fur friend. Many hugs to you and your Mum.

And Ali ... sending my best hopes that Sally will be found safe and sound.

DanaC 08-11-2012 06:44 PM

Thanks guys. It is hard. We must love them to keep going through it.

@ Sundae: I posted a thanks to Griff just as you posted your message ;p So it looks like I thanked everybody but you. *hugs* thanks chika.

@ Ali: Crossing fingers and toes she comes home soon.

xoxoxoBruce 08-12-2012 12:06 AM

Damn it Dana, give your Mom our sincerest condolences. :(

Sundae 08-12-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 824110)
@ Sundae: I posted a thanks to Griff just as you posted your message ;p So it looks like I thanked everybody but you. *hugs* thanks chika.

Don't worry about that! I'm off being hyper-sensitive now I promise.

Oh Ali - how horrible.
Did she have her collar on when she went missing?
Is she chipped?
I'm still not over Dylan after three years :sniff:
My most sincere wishes for a happy ending for you.