The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

monster 10-08-2008 01:58 PM

let us be the judges....

Aliantha 10-08-2008 04:00 PM

Yeah...if you don't like the job they did, go back and tell them. Maybe they wont care, but it's very likely that they'll offer to fix it up for you. Especially if they're a local business and rely on word of mouth advertising.

Juniper 10-08-2008 05:51 PM

I am tired.

I am tired of being tired.

I am tired of being tired and crabby and bitchy and taking it out on everyone else. I am tired of nobody helping me without me screaming at them and blowing up in their face.

I am pissed at my husband for saying he would help and not actually DOING it, as if just SAYING you'll do something is just as good as actually DOING it. Because it's the thought that counts, right?

But mostly I am tired of just being so negative all the time. I want to be more upbeat and positive, I do have a lot to be happy about, but it's hard to feel that way on 4 hours of sleep a night, y'know?

Now I have to go make dinner, scoop the litter boxes, do some laundry, and write a 4-page paper on a stupid poem. Also the kids have scouts & sports stuff I need to take care of, and if I thought about it, I could come up with about a dozen little projects I should have already done weeks ago.

And I just got a new job from a regular client. That's normally a good thing. I should be happy about it.

I have another client with a big job in progress and I'm waiting for her to send me a bunch of stuff so I can get started on it. She is dragging her feet. I should be happy about that too, because I am in no way ready to do this big project right now. But OTOH I really need that big check!

See? I can't find the silver lining in bad things, but I sure can find the layer of crap in every good thing. (sigh)

Shutting up now.

DucksNuts 10-08-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 491247)
Bri, go back to your stylist and let her (or him?) know. If they are good, they will love the opportunity to re-do your hair. They want you to be a happy 'returning' customer.

Agreed....they would rather know and fix it, than you hate it.

Juniper 10-08-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 491185)
I just paid 130.00 for a highlight, color and cut and I HATE it.

sigh.

It's probably not as bad as you think, Bri -- just not what you'd prefer it to look like. But ditto what Ducks said, go back and ask to get it fixed. You might be surprised.

DucksNuts 10-08-2008 06:33 PM

Oh and everyfuckingthing is irritating today. EVERY.FUCKING.THING

yes, you too

I have chronic shit on the liver today

footfootfoot 10-08-2008 07:05 PM

I'm safely behind my sandbag bunker and I wonder if, like in many IRL workplaces, the women of the cellar all get their monthly invoice at the same time. [/battening down the hatches]

lumberjim 10-08-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniper (Post 491427)
I am tired.

I am tired of being tired.

I am tired of being tired and crabby and bitchy and taking it out on everyone else. I am tired of nobody helping me without me screaming at them and blowing up in their face.

I am pissed at my husband for saying he would help and not actually DOING it, as if just SAYING you'll do something is just as good as actually DOING it. Because it's the thought that counts, right?

But mostly I am tired of just being so negative all the time. I want to be more upbeat and positive, I do have a lot to be happy about, but it's hard to feel that way on 4 hours of sleep a night, y'know?

Now I have to go make dinner, scoop the litter boxes, do some laundry, and write a 4-page paper on a stupid poem. Also the kids have scouts & sports stuff I need to take care of, and if I thought about it, I could come up with about a dozen little projects I should have already done weeks ago.

And I just got a new job from a regular client. That's normally a good thing. I should be happy about it.

I have another client with a big job in progress and I'm waiting for her to send me a bunch of stuff so I can get started on it. She is dragging her feet. I should be happy about that too, because I am in no way ready to do this big project right now. But OTOH I really need that big check!

See? I can't find the silver lining in bad things, but I sure can find the layer of crap in every good thing. (sigh)

Shutting up now.

sounds like you need an optirectomy

dar512 10-08-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 491462)
sounds like you need an optirectomy

I hadn't heard that one, lj. I laughed out loud - loudly.

Mrs. Dar wants to know what I'm laughing at. I read it to her.

She just smiled. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Juniper 10-08-2008 08:01 PM

Yeah, but I don't know if it's covered by my HMO. :D

classicman 10-08-2008 08:06 PM

I guess so - I lol'd too. read it to my kids and
my sons laughed also, yet
my daughter gave me the disapproving eye.

monster 10-08-2008 08:33 PM

i lol'd 2

HungLikeJesus 10-08-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 491448)
Oh and everyfuckingthing is irritating today. EVERY.FUCKING.THING

yes, you too

I have chronic shit on the liver today

That's just one of the side effects of being pregnant, isn't it?

Aliantha 10-08-2008 11:22 PM

She's not the pregnant aussie on this board although it's rather flattering to me that you'd get us mixed up. lol

HungLikeJesus 10-08-2008 11:34 PM

Oh, Ali, I don't get you two mixed up. I was just trying to cheer Ducks a little.

The only people I sometimes confuse on here are UnderToad and Radar.

(Now that might be a bannable offense.)