The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

BigV 10-26-2012 12:33 PM

They're adults, right?

Take care of yourself Spexx. I hope everything turns out well.

orthodoc 10-26-2012 07:02 PM

^whs^

Take care of yourself. All the best on Nov. 9th.

Spexxvet 10-27-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 835828)
Wow, that's heavy, Spexx. Does the 21-year-old live with you too, or just the 18-year-old? Nobody actually got hurt, right?

Thanks, all. Nobody got hurt, but he fucked up her bedroom door.

orthodoc 10-27-2012 08:21 AM

Sounds like fixing the bedroom door should be top of his agenda ... it's the least that's due to you, considering he's an adult who messed up a door in YOUR house.

Just thoughts from someone who's been there ... ymmv

Griff 10-27-2012 10:03 AM

Sorry Spex.

zippyt 10-27-2012 11:16 AM

They are old enough to act like Adults , ( not squabbling kids )
Treat them as such ,
oh and he gets to fix the door ,
at 18 and 21 unless they are in school they should be paying rent ,
And if any thing like this happens again ALL their stuff would be packed and in a pile for them to pick up as they leave .

Just My Humble Opinion

orthodoc 10-27-2012 12:23 PM

That reads like poetry, zippyt.

In complete agreement.

Trilby 10-27-2012 01:14 PM

If it helps any, Spexx, that kind of thing used to happen at my house when I was growing up all the time.

Once I chased my little sister with a kitchen knife intent on killing her.

We're friends now.

good luck with all the health stuff. What is it with this group? are we getting OLD?????

BigV 10-29-2012 08:25 PM

Weird...We must have the same little sister.

ZenGum 10-29-2012 08:50 PM

And neither of you cut the little stinker. Ya wimps.

zippyt 10-29-2012 09:07 PM

I have Scars from my big sister

infinite monkey 11-04-2012 03:37 PM

My bro's family dog died. Old age. She was an amazing chocolate lab and was in good health until she wasn't, which is what you hope for your pets anyway. Almost one year ago exactly it was the same with my Gaines.

Bless the innocent creatures who enrich our lives, and RIP you very good girl. :(

orthodoc 11-04-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 837361)
Bless the innocent creatures who enrich our lives, and RIP you very good girl. :(

Amen. Sorry to hear of the loss of such a good fur-friend, infi. Reminds me of my beautiful chocolate lab who died almost two years ago after a not-long-enough time being the most gentle, best-natured sweet girl ever. RIP good girls.

DanaC 11-04-2012 04:12 PM

Aww. So sad when they go.

Not so far off the one year mark for my Pilau either. Feels weird knowing Christmas is round the corner. My first Christmas without Pilau. And my first with Carrot.

orthodoc 11-04-2012 10:07 PM

Had a serious bringing-up-short today with the ex. I've allowed him to come here and be present at some medical appointments while I was having so much trouble getting surgery arranged etc. He was respectful, maintained boundaries, was very helpful. I've been grateful. He has literally made it possible, at times, for me to get from one day to the next.

But today the agenda came out. He wants to get remarried during the holidays this year, either in December or at New Year's, depending on what's better for taxes!! And wants me to 'repay' him $$$ for what he considers to be an inequity in our settlement. And wants me to take on expenses for the kids that he considers 'not school-related'.

Now it feels like his help has just had a price-tag slapped on it: remarriage at the first possible moment. And messing around with our settlement, and demanding that I take on expenses that we agreed would be his ...

With my temporary alimony I can take on the expenses, that was the whole point of the alimony. But I am so upset. I accepted his help honestly, telling him I didn't feel anything for him but gratitude for his help, and specifically nothing romantic. Until now he respected all the boundaries. And now this. I told him no to everything and he left in a huff. This isn't the end of it. I've spent the day unable to focus, having to write two online quizzes and do a ton of academic stuff that didn't get done.

You were right, xoxoBruce. You were right.

Goddamnit. Nobody is worth trusting, not friends, not ex's.