The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Clodfobble 01-29-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae
All out of control. Even though I have been much further and much deeper before and barely cared.

I think it's a good sign. Your brain is resetting what it means to be uncertain and/or out of control. I believe nightmares are a process of our subconscious working things out, rather than sinking farther into them. That's what I tell myself when I have them, anyway. :)

Tril, I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope those kids do okay, and that the dad stays a solid friend of Bill W.

Trilby 01-30-2013 06:13 PM

Sundae--try not to sweat the dreams too much, though I hear you: they're disturbing.

It might be the alcohol (lack of) and your brain re-setting itself.

Aliantha 01-30-2013 06:18 PM

I don't know if it's upsetting me or pissing me off, but Eva is teething, so she's not eating/drinking properly, which of course leads to not sleeping properly, which means neither am I. Dazza is away (although he gets home tonight) and things have been a bit difficult with the no power situation and the wild weather over the weekend.

All in all, I could flatten the next person who irritates me even fractionally. I'm just itching for an excuse to blow my top. :mad:

ZenGum 01-30-2013 06:59 PM

http://alldownunder.com/australian-a...overs-wife.htm

Aliantha 01-30-2013 07:18 PM

I love that story. :)

Now I'm crying for her instead of me.

I guess life isn't that bad really. I even have aircon now the power is back.

BigV 01-30-2013 07:21 PM

Oh thank god, that was a *tense* ten minutes!

xoxoxoBruce 01-31-2013 12:33 AM

Excellent story, Zen. :thumb:

Trilby 01-31-2013 06:59 AM

from my QI book that Sundae gave me as a present: all the breeds of poisonous snakes in the world live in Australia.

YIKES!

Aliantha 01-31-2013 12:20 PM

Some of them live in africa. Cobras, black mambas etc. I wouldn't want to tangle with either of them.

orthodoc 01-31-2013 12:38 PM

Yeah ... I know snakes are necessary to certain ecosystems (I think), but I prefer them to stay far from me. All kinds. :worried:

ZenGum 01-31-2013 05:20 PM

The Drover's Wife is an Australian classic.

I'm now wondering about rewriting it as The FIFO's de facto.

Quote:

Bloke is off at a remote mining job. Sheila is in Perth, and due to a storm, the power goes out, so she's unable to access FB, skype or even a YouTube video of how to survive without the internet...

BigV 01-31-2013 07:53 PM

Ironic, no?

BigV 01-31-2013 08:01 PM

In other news--

My aunt is in the hospital. I am taking my mom to go see her. This is a *serious trip*. She's sedated to stop the seizures enough to get the medicine in her. She's on a respirator. My uncle called me this morning to tell me she's in the hospital. It's the latest trip of many after a fall where she smacked her head. The swelling did not respond to moderate interventions, so two weeks ago she had major brain surgery. She'd been home a week, today, when she started seizing again.

My mom had a major stroke in 1997 and traveling with her is an ordeal. Having her only sister dying in the hospital will make the traveling seem like an insignificant distraction. I don't know how long I'll be gone. I need to get all this shit together then call my uncle with the details of our itinerary.

I feel powerless to help, immersed in busy work, unable to relieve any of the anguish they're suffering. Now to my list. :cry:

orthodoc 01-31-2013 08:40 PM

Sorry to hear this, V. But you are helping. It's a terrible situation and you're doing all you can. Best wishes and support to you and your family.

xoxoxoBruce 01-31-2013 08:49 PM

Right, handing the logistics is a huge help to all of them.