The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lola's foodblog (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28096)

Big Sarge 10-31-2012 10:37 PM

I love coconut milk! Please adopt me. I love Asian food

BigV 11-02-2012 12:03 PM

unripe bananas are gross!

Lola Bunny 11-04-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 837047)
unripe bananas are gross!

Try unripe perssimons. That's like 3X worse. And the sticky feeling in your mouth doesn't go away for a long time. :greenface

Lola Bunny 11-04-2012 06:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had chicken ragout a few days back but never had a chance to post. The second picture, I'm showing you a Japanese cookie, brand Yoku Moku. What I was eating is coffee flavor. The third pix is coffee bought from Hawaii. Someone went to Hawaii for their kid's wedding and came back with gifts. Well, it wasn't given to me but the recipient doesn't like the vanilla flavor so I asked for it. :D No, I didn't take it in front of the giver, hihi.

Lola Bunny 11-04-2012 06:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This afternoon a friend gave me some desserts. It is steamed cassava root eaten with coconut milk and sprinkled with coconut flakes and salt and sesame seeds. The third pix is to show you the same dessert but bought at another store. I didn't eat that one, just to show you a difference. The last pix is a warm dessert, tofu with sugar syrup cooked with ginger. This tofu is cooked to be eaten as dessert and not the other kind where you can eat it as a dish. They are cooked differently. Usually a person would use a thin metal spoon and scoop out thin layers of tofu. I was lazy, so I just used a regular soup spoon. That is why the toful is chunky and ugly. :p:

zippyt 11-04-2012 10:21 PM

I would try but prolly pass on the To( NONE FOOD )Fo

Big Sarge 11-05-2012 09:57 AM

I would have to pass on the coffee. I can't stand the stuff

Lola Bunny 11-06-2012 08:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 837488)
I would have to pass on the coffee. I can't stand the stuff

I should start a coffee thread. :D

This is yesterday's food. Not sure what it's called, I forgot to ask an older Viet person. I asked my sister and she wasn't sure either. :p: Anyways, I think it's meat mashed with other stuffs, spread eggs on top then steamed. I put up the top view and side view for y'all to see.

xoxoxoBruce 11-06-2012 08:50 AM

Sure looks good. :yum:

BigV 11-06-2012 10:42 AM

quiche is what I'd call it.

and it does look good!

glatt 11-06-2012 10:49 AM

It looks delicious. What's the crust made of? It doesn't look flour based. It looks more like tofu or some sort of meat paste.

Lola Bunny 11-06-2012 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 837690)
It looks delicious. What's the crust made of? It doesn't look flour based. It looks more like tofu or some sort of meat paste.

It's egg white. Eggs are spread on top. The yolk stays on top while the egg white slides down.

Below is lunch. Looks little because I took the pix after I ate, hihi. Forgot to take them before. :p: The first pix is winter melon soup. The second pix is curry chicken.

Big Sarge 11-06-2012 05:23 PM

I love quiche. Yours looks scrumptious

Big Sarge 11-08-2012 01:31 PM

Girl, I don't think you eat enough to keep a titmouse alive! The food looks good, I'd just need jumbo portions

Lola Bunny 11-08-2012 09:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am trying to lose weight. :p: Heck, everytime I eat, my mom would say, "I thought you were on a diet??" I would reply, "I need to eat otherwise I'd die!" :lol:

Anyways, here are today's food, lunch and dinner. I ate rice with braised mackeral and sour soup for lunch. For dinner, I had yuchoy soup and a tangerine for dessert. And just earlier, I drank some milk and a string cheese. That last tidbit info is for Sarge's sake to show that I eat a little more than just the pix I put up. :p: