The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Valentines Day (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13221)

Phil 02-14-2007 02:09 PM

i bought her a new bag and a belt and she still complained. ive no idea why - the hoover works perfectly now. :-P

monster 02-14-2007 02:20 PM

:lol:

monster 02-14-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 315662)
Ahh. Thanks, didn't know that since her Location: is Michigan according to her info at left.

No wonder you are so excited about a card ;)

oops, sorry -have changed that now. Yes, my attitude would be a little unusual for a Michigander. :lol:

I adopt the "when in Rome" philosophy for my kids -they have all made cards for their Valentine's parties at school (which will now be tomorrow or Friday as today's a snow day), but I'm too old a dog to be taught new tricks. It just feels "icky".

monster 02-14-2007 02:33 PM

Sundae Girl, happy to hear your news :)

I shovelled the snow out of the drive so beest could get to work this morning -does that count as romantic?

All evening activities are cancelled tonight because of the snow.
I'm thinking beest and I could make the most of the free time and do our tax return and finalise our wills. Well it's a form of togetherness isn't it?

Death and taxes on Valentines day, I like the concept :D

BigV 02-14-2007 02:53 PM

Delivered pink tulips (her favorite), a lovely small card, "...you're more than I deserve...", and a sparkling beverage.

But it's still early.

rkzenrage 02-14-2007 06:06 PM

We have never celebrated Valentine's Day. Every day should be special in some way, a love gift should be a surprise and thought of by you out of your heart... not by some corporation/restaurant to manipulate everyone to buy substandard products for people they care about at inflated prices one day a year.

Try a test, eat at the same restaurant and by flowers for the same price two weeks later and see the difference... it will sicken you.

zippyt 02-14-2007 06:50 PM

We had Salmon meranated in ginger and teryaki , mixed greens , New Taters swimming in butter , and I stoped on the way home and got us a bottle of wine :yum:

Ibby 02-14-2007 07:10 PM

http://somethingpositive.net/sleepingpills2.jpg

monster 02-14-2007 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 315816)
We have never celebrated Valentine's Day. Every day should be special in some way, a love gift should be a surprise and thought of by you out of your heart... not by some corporation/restaurant to manipulate everyone to buy substandard products for people they care about at inflated prices one day a year.

Try a test, eat at the same restaurant and by flowers for the same price two weeks later and see the difference... it will sicken you.

Aliantha 02-14-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Why would there be a difference? I don't get that rkz. I'd love it no matter what day of the year it was, and I'd say most other women (or men) would feel the same.

xoxoxoBruce 02-15-2007 07:01 AM

I think he's referring to the inflated prices and poor service from the V day crush. Two weeks later you'd get probably three times the flowers for the same money, and an unharried wait staff will give you much better service in a much more pleasant atmosphere. ;)

footfootfoot 02-15-2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

I ate at a restaurant like that once, never again. Riding the porcelain bus at 3:00 is not my idea of a good time.
;)

cowhead 02-15-2007 08:36 AM

I waste my whole day producing food for happy couples who can't manage to do something special for their loved ones by preparing a meal at home that's worth eating.. yeah.. going out to have your food cooked by pissed off overworked people is a great idea to show your love.

Shawnee123 02-15-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowhead (Post 315991)
I waste my whole day producing food for happy couples who can't manage to do something special for their loved ones by preparing a meal at home that's worth eating.. yeah.. going out to have your food cooked by pissed off overworked people is a great idea to show your love.

I hear ya, cowhead. My days at the Country Club (insert turned up nose here)--Mother's Day and Thanksgiving and Val-day...500 people who don't want to cook at home. BORING! But our tips were great (insert sarcastic snort here.)

LabRat 02-15-2007 10:11 AM

We went out to eat last night at our daughters favorite restaurant, Chili's. We went a little early, 5:00 and were seated by 5:15. Waitress was great, food was just as good as always, and the Chocolate Molten dessert, yumtastic. When we left at 6:40, there was only one couple wating to be seated, when usually the lobby is full.

So there. :p

:D