The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Which bit of you is hurting the most today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20490)

monster 09-22-2009 09:51 PM

you shoulda buttfucked her in the ear. That'd've opened it up... :eek:

infinite monkey 04-18-2012 03:06 PM

My medial epicondlye. :eek:

BigV 04-18-2012 03:23 PM

Not a funny bone now, eh?

infinite monkey 04-18-2012 03:27 PM

It's a crying bone. :sniff:

BigV 04-18-2012 03:34 PM

My sympathies.

Back in the day when I worked in a tall building, there was a fire drill. We had to evacuate via the stairwells of course and while making one of the u-turns at one of the landings, my foot slipped and "skied" down a couple steps until I was seated on the first step down from the landing. It was a hard smack on my ass but the part that made *me* cry was that my (thinks...) left arm was slightly behind me as I hit and my elbow smacked the cement as hard as everything else. My butt was sore despite the ample padding but I do not have fat elbows. I swear I heard the bone CLICK against the landing and it was sore for months afterward. Crying bone indeed. Sorry. :(

infinite monkey 04-18-2012 03:37 PM

OUCH.

Mine is like tennis elbow or golfer's elbow though I don't play either. I think it's from my arm being up on my desk here. It's the tendon or something. I've had it for some time but I banged my elbow yesterday and now it really hurts!

Blueflare 04-18-2012 04:27 PM

My toe, due to an unpleasant toenail issue. Apparently it's of the untreatable variety, which I suppose means I have it for the rest of my life...? I dunno. My doctor was not exactly forthcoming with information or any solutions, more the it's-not-serious-stop-wasting-my-time-vibe that I always get from doctors. I don't know whether they just don't like me, or they're like that with everyone.
I'm going to go back for a second opinion from someone else, because this is seriously impacting my life. I can't walk anywhere or do anything, and it hurts all the fricken time. Those are legitimate reasons to go to a doctor.

monster 04-18-2012 04:51 PM

Were you exactly outgoing with questions like "What is this condition called?" ?

infinite monkey 04-18-2012 07:50 PM

Ugh. My doctor talks to me about anything I want to talk about. If your doctor doesn't, change doctors.

Or can you? I don't know how your health coverage works.

SteveDallas 04-18-2012 08:01 PM

Definitely my nose. I went for another bike ride last night, and due to my excessive speed (10.27mph average) I apparently inhaled every pollen particle in southeastern Pennsylvania. (No muscle spasms, though, so that's good.)

morethanpretty 04-18-2012 09:16 PM

Did some yard work and home improvement type stuff yesterday. Both hips hurt. Moving this weekend is gonna suck.

limey 04-19-2012 06:47 AM

The part of me that cares about other Dwellars hurts. I wish I could help those in trouble more.

glatt 04-19-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 807205)
I apparently inhaled every pollen particle in southeastern Pennsylvania.

Mowing the lawn on Saturday, I inhaled so much pollen, I actually stopped halfway through after a major sneezing fit to go inside, blow my nose, and put on a dust mask. Kind of like closing the barn door after the cows got out, but still better than nothing.

jimhelm 04-19-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 807205)
Definitely my nose. I went for another bike ride last night, and due to my excessive speed (10.27mph average) I apparently inhaled every pollen particle in southeastern Pennsylvania. (No muscle spasms, though, so that's good.)

no you didn't.

every car on our lot is covered in a fine yellow haze, and if you drag your fingertip across, it piles up like snow. I never used to suffer from allergies, but this year... Great Odin's Raven, I'm suddenly sneezier than a one armed sneezer in a sneezing contest. Yesterday's rain and cessation of sneezing gave me to know that it was not just a cold. This morning, it's crisp and clear and I'm sneezing again. fuck. this. shit.

Gravdigr 04-19-2012 02:20 PM

Which bit of you is hurting the most today?

Hips. Walking is fairly painful today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.