The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Classic's Crap (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18764)

classicman 05-19-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 657268)
Seriously Classic, you're at the point where you'd be critical of government if congress passed a bill eliminating all taxes, and Obama signed it.

BS.
Quote:

A couple of weeks ago you mentioned how you thought you might lose your job soon. I hope you don't, but if you do, I hope you'll be appretiative that there's a government that'll help you support your family until you can get another job.
OF course I would be. That's what I pay taxes for.
What does that have to do with them adding hundreds of amendments to a bill that don't have anything to do with the subject at hand? I believe it is the R's that are doing so. If I'm mistaken let me know.

Spexxvet 05-19-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 657313)
BS.

No. IMHO, you've gotten to the point where you can't see the positive in anything they do. Just saying.

classicman 05-19-2010 06:56 PM

The positives seem so far outnumbered by the BS game-playing and posturing.

Yeh, this or that bill/law/amendment will save a million, but then all the crap that gets added on to it ends up costing way more and has tons of unforeseen consequences.
Or the outright lying cheating and stealing that has been a constant occurrence for far too long.

The politics of politics sicken me.

classicman 05-25-2010 01:42 PM

More political bullshit. I hope they throw away the keys!
Quote:

Kwame Kilpatrick was sentenced to a maximum of five years in prison this morning by Wayne Circuit Judge David Groner, who said the former mayor engaged in "contemptible behavior" by hiding assets from the court.

Groner chastised Kilpatrick before imposing the sentence, which included a minimum of 18 months in prison.

"Probation is no longer an option. The terms of your earlier probation no longer apply. That ship has sailed," Groner said. "This is all because of the actions of you, Mr. Kilpatrick. You were convicted ... all because you lied under oath. That lie ... was part of a broader attempt to cover up your misdeeds while serving as mayor.
"You challenged this court's authority," Groner said. "You attempted to utilize semantics and exploit loopholes. The broader context of this issue is that your family living expenses -- including living in a million-dollar home, driving a brand new Escalade and purchasing elective surgery for your wife -- you have made it perfectly clear that it's more important to pacify your wife than comply with my orders."

Kilpatrick will get 120 days credit for time he served in 2008-2009 in the Wayne County Jail. That means he will serve 14 months in a Michigan prison before he can apply for parole.
Link
One other thing, and I think I've mentioned this before. I think it should be mandatory that the press put a symbol next to their name. Not once does it state what party this guy was from. I'm not going to say its a "liberal media issue" but I do find it odd that when some politician has something to say about an issue or is making a speech, whatever, their name and party is almost always listed.

Some interesting history of his career here

Flint 05-25-2010 03:38 PM

THIS THREAD IS BULLCRAP AND YOU'RE FACE IS BULLCRAP.

Redux 05-25-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 657331)
No. IMHO, you've gotten to the point where you can't see the positive in anything they do. Just saying.

I agree.

At the very least, constructive criticism of everything political would certainly be more interesting.

It is easy to point fingers. It is harder to offer constructive solutions.

Redux 05-25-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 658359)
One other thing, and I think I've mentioned this before. I think it should be mandatory that the press put a symbol next to their name. Not once does it state what party this guy was from. I'm not going to say its a "liberal media issue" but I do find it odd that when some politician has something to say about an issue or is making a speech, whatever, their name and party is almost always listed.

The media identifies party affiliation of national office holders as a standard practice....hell, Fox often misidentifies party affiliation.

But, for the record, Detroit local elections, like most cities in the country, are non-partisan.

classicman 05-25-2010 05:14 PM

The BS meter just broke - You are so full of shit your eyes are brown.

Redux 05-25-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 658400)
The BS meter just broke - You are so full of shit your eyes are brown.

Its bullshit to point out that elections in Detroit. like most cities, are non-partisan?

And as such, since they are not elected within a party structure, the media does not identify local politicians by party.

:eek:

classicman 05-25-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

I think it should be mandatory that the press put a symbol next to their name.)
No BS there. Again it is my opinion in my thread.

TheMercenary 05-26-2010 08:50 PM

:corn:.

classicman 06-02-2010 01:32 PM

Charlene Lugar, GOP Senator's Wife, Pleads Guilty To Drunk Driving In Crash
Quote:

FAIRFAX, Va. � The wife of Republican U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana has pleaded guilty to drunken driving in a crash with a parked car in Virginia.

The Virginia judge suspended a 30-day jail sentence but in a hearing Friday placed severe restrictions on Charlene Lugar's driver's license for the next year.

The 77-year-old was charged in November after hitting an unattended car in her McLean neighborhood in the Washington suburbs. Police spotted Lugar about two miles away, still behind the wheel while smoke rose from the hood of her Buick.

Court records indicate her blood-alcohol level was 0.11, above the legal limit of 0.08.

The senator's office declined comment. After the arrest, Lugar's office issued a statement saying he and his wife were "deeply sorry."
Link
I guess that apparently extends to family members as well.
No bias there :eyebrow:

Spexxvet 06-02-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 660012)
Charlene Lugar, GOP Senator's Wife, Pleads Guilty To Drunk Driving In Crash

Link
I guess that apparently extends to family members as well.
No bias there :eyebrow:

????

You guess what apparently extends to family members as well?

TheMercenary 06-03-2010 10:23 AM

The media of today are so far up the Dems ass they all look brown.

Spexxvet 06-03-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 660230)
The media of today are so far up the Dems ass they all look brown.

That's your stupid bullshit opinion