The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Kettlebells! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29567)

Griff 05-09-2016 05:32 PM

Good work!

bbro 05-09-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 959685)
Good work!

Thanks!

bbro 05-18-2016 10:16 AM

The owner has been trying to kill us with circuit training lately. Monday was 35s work, 25s rest, move on to the next exercise. Technically, there were 8 exercises, but 2 of them were single arm exercises, so each arm got it's own round. Do this 3 times with 3 minutes between each set.

I kept up until the last round. On one exercise, I put the weight down intending to stop, but decided against it and got a few more reps in. Cue compliment from the trainer :P:

The second to last exercise, I thought I was gonna hurl, so I was just going to stop. The trainer asked if I could do it with a little extra rest, so of course I said yes. Finished that one and the very last exercise he didn't time, just counted off reps for me.

It was rough, but I technically completed it, even if the end wasn't the full round. I even attempted a snatch to see how my shoulder handled it. This was after I almost collapsed - lol.

Today is more my type of workout. Strength! We did a swing set with three different weights for 5 sets. Then, 5 exercises with low reps for 5 sets. Lastly, it was snatches on each arm for 10 reps for 5 sets.

These type of exercise is go at your own pace, but not standing around for a really long time between sets. I was actually able to keep up with the woman that usually passes me even if we start at the same time. :D

Since I am really new to the snatch, I did alternating sets with one arm swings. It was SOOO messy. I am not sure if it was just fatigue or learning a new exercise. I almost think it would have been better with a heavier weight, but I wouldn't have been able to do all the reps.

Another exercise I did for the first time today is called a windmill. I LOVED IT! I want to do more! I actually think it is a good exercise for shoulder stability.

It's been hard to get out of bed this week, but if I don't stop, I'll be at 5 weeks of 3 workouts/week. Only one missed KB class in that time. WOOT!

I broke down and weighed myself last Saturday. I am down 3-4 pounds. I didn't look at it very long, so I am not sure. If that is correct, I am almost to my monthly goal. I am going to try REALLY hard to not weigh in again until the end of the month. It's really hard when pants start fitting looser and you just wanna check...... :)

Gravdigr 05-18-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 960421)
Since I am really new to the snatch...

Ah, yes...I remember when I was new to the snatch.

Good times, good times.

:p:

bbro 05-18-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 960445)
Ah, yes...I remember when I was new to the snatch.

Good times, good times.

:p:

I KNEW someone would say something like that. I just figured it would be Bruce :rolleyes:

BigV 05-18-2016 06:55 PM

He might be able to remember at this point. . . .

Might not.

xoxoxoBruce 05-18-2016 10:15 PM

Actually I thought about it and passed. :p:

bbro 05-20-2016 09:57 AM

Another killer workout today. I admit, I only did 4 sets of one exercise instead of the prescribed 5. I should've pushed and done the last set - even without weights *SIGH* It's surprising how much an engaged trainer can push you to finish. The one on Wed and Fri is more laid back than the Mon one. No spontaneous encouragement or anything. I mean, I like him, but I kind of want the Mon one more often - lol

I did another new move, today. It's called the high pull. I still haven't "gotten" it yet. I am doing a low weight because it's new, but the hip thrust (*sigh for a different reason*) is too powerful for it, so I am having difficulty controlling it. I should not be actually pulling or pushing the weight with my arm - contrary to the name. It's a ballistic move that should be powered by the hips, instead. I need to learn to control it before moving to a higher weight to prevent injury. It's just frustrating to be TOO strong.

That is one thing I like about this training style - it's about perfection of the move before heavy weights. It doesn't do much good if you are using a heavy weight with poor form. You should be able to do the same move with a low weight with the same precision.

This move is actually a stepping stone for the snatch. I think I might step back and do these in place of the snatch like I was doing with one-handed swing. Just to get more practice and more confidence in the movement

Also, I may nap in my car at some point today. Been up since 4:30 and over an hour workout :zzz: Maybe Chipotle will help.....

xoxoxoBruce 05-20-2016 11:14 AM

I know, doing the pull instead of the snatch may not be as satisfying, but much more convenient.

glatt 05-20-2016 11:21 AM

And always an option.

bbro 05-20-2016 01:12 PM

Aaaaand I'm done.

Gravdigr 05-20-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 960634)
Aaaaand I'm done.

:lol2:

xoxoxoBruce 05-20-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 960634)
Aaaaand I'm done.

Coward, how dare you deprive us of imagination fuel, we so fully enjoy and richly deserve. http://cellar.org/2015/shades.gif

BigV 05-20-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 960613)
. Snip - -
I did another new move, today. It's called the high pull. I still haven't "gotten" it yet. I am doing a low weight because it's new, but the hip thrust [bold] (*sigh for a different reason*)[/bold] is too powerful for it, so I am having difficulty controlling it. I should not be actually pulling or pushing the weight with my arm - contrary to the name. It's a ballistic move that should be powered by the hips, instead. I need to learn to control it before moving to a higher weight to prevent injury. It's just frustrating to be TOO strong.
... Snip....

Let me guess.

The Time Warp.