The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

DanaC 02-27-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 854769)
I wonder if a new thread called "What's upsetting you but isn't so terrible that it will really bring everyone else down?" is in order?

I think that's pretty much covered by the 'what's mildly irritating you today' thread.

DanaC 02-27-2013 08:14 AM

I'm getting to where I don't want to watch the news or read the papers. The constant, never-ending assault on the poorest and most vulnerable members of our society is depressing. False economy initiatives. Cruelty for the purpose of an ideological redrawing of the nation. Got halfway through reading an article about the changes in care provision for people with disabilities and had to stop reading. It just makes me want to smash shit up and that isn't a nice feeling.

Lamplighter 02-27-2013 08:36 AM

Dana, you've got to stop reading news the about our Republican Party.
Stick to G.B., or Canada, or Greece, or Samoli, or the Vatican, or ...

DanaC 02-27-2013 09:15 AM

Wasn't talking about your republican party. This is what is happening over here.

footfootfoot 02-27-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 854816)
I think that's pretty much covered by the 'what's mildly irritating you today' thread.

Yeah. But Nirvana's news made me rethink this thread. Sometimes it's What's Upsetting Me and Will Upset You Too.

Lamplighter 02-27-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 854838)
Wasn't talking about your republican party. This is what is happening over here.

Yes, I know...

Next time I'll add a :rolleyes:

Big Sarge 02-27-2013 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 854833)
I'm getting to where I don't want to watch the news or read the papers. The constant, never-ending assault on the poorest and most vulnerable members of our society is depressing. False economy initiatives. Cruelty for the purpose of an ideological redrawing of the nation. Got halfway through reading an article about the changes in care provision for people with disabilities and had to stop reading. It just makes me want to smash shit up and that isn't a nice feeling.

I agree and we have almost 4 years left.

Big Sarge 02-27-2013 10:41 PM

I learned my little Addie is in the hospital. Her mother didn't tell me, the "new daddy" told me. I have only seen Addie twice since mid December. The first time was when I was "allowed" to give Addie her Christmas presents from me & the kids, plus Sundae. The last time was at Chik-fil-a when I completed her mother's tax returns. Yes, that's right. In order to see my daughter, I had to do her mother's taxes.

My immune system is low, but I'm going to the hospital to see my baby tomorrow. If anybody tries to stop me by God, they are going to see an old panda turn into King Kong.

Chocolatl 02-27-2013 10:49 PM

Good luck, Sarge. What ails her?

Big Sarge 02-27-2013 11:42 PM

dehydration due to ????? her new daddy didn't know and her mother won't answer the phone

ZenGum 02-28-2013 04:26 AM

Don't do anything that can be used against you.

DanaC 02-28-2013 04:45 AM

Ach damn, Sarge, that's a worry. Stay calm honey. And I hope your baby girl is fighting fit soon.

Griff 02-28-2013 05:23 AM

Damn Sarge, I'm sorry.

orthodoc 02-28-2013 06:15 AM

I'm sorry, Sarge. What Zen said ... but also, maybe some legal advice regarding your right to see Addie (not just in the hospital)? I don't know your situation but some advice couldn't be a bad idea. If there's a law school in your town, try the Family Law clinic. The final year students will put time and research into it and they're supervised by a faculty member.

Big Sarge 02-28-2013 06:54 AM

in mississippi, a custody agreement violation cannot be addressed by law enforcement until the matter goes before a chancery court judge. in other words unless you can prove the child is in imminent danger, you must file a motion with the chancery clerk and wait to be put on the docket. however if i don't pay child support, all she has to do is call department of human services and they will take over and do everything for her! there are several legal precedents in mississippi where the mother knowingly and willfuly witheld visitations, yet the father was still required to pay child support.

let's face the facts, the bitch can get away with just about anything and i have to wait for my complaint to be put on a crowded court docket. for the initial custody, it only took 18+ months and cost well over $5,000 dollars. i'm screwed. i should have been castrated for ever hooking up with a girl who is 3 years younger than my son